The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #91
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

jeans, red t-shirt, white cardigan, pink and black checkered vans. And, a smile!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #92
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

Brown thermal shirt (three button type), white a-shirt, black jeans, kakhi socks, New Rock boots, and a belt.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #93
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress Puppy
Brown thermal shirt (three button type), white a-shirt, black jeans, kakhi socks, New Rock boots, and a belt.
Jay-sus. My jaw clentched just READING that. "By-the-By, Skippy, how's everyone down at the dock?"

Yikes. Surrounded by people who are my social betters!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 03-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #94
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

I've been realizing something about myself since my wife left me. One of the things I realized is that I really like having nice-ish clothing. I don't really like formal stuff like suits, but good jeans, a clean, ironed t shirt under a button up shirt, or (like today) a snug-fitting thermal shirt make me feel good about myself.

The boots.. Well, I spare no expense for good boots. They are almost an addiction.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #95
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Dude. I DID say you were my social better.

A woman I identify with once said, "I'll end it after forty." I feel much the same. No longer being relevant is difficult.

—James Barrie

Old 03-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #96
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

Actually I forgot to mention the point of my last post.. You're probably -not- my social better. I'm not wealthy by any means, and I was raised in a military family. I'm definitely in the lower middle class. Or maybe upper lower class. That sounds better.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #97
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Stresspup- I am no one's social better. I was joking. I was feeling blue so I decided to attack someone with better self-esteem than me.

—James Barrie

Old 03-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #98
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

Ahh. My bad. I have this thing with sarcasm, you see. I just don't get it :\
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #99
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFairy
And what are you wearing NOW Bruce?????
Grey Business suit w/skirt - black silk blouse, pearls, stockings (yes stockings - pantyhose were invented for the sheer torture of women in the world) and black heels...
Nice guess, but no.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #100
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Im nekkid
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #101
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Sparkz
my SO wears his work suit all week. i hate it i think its so grosse. he changes as soon as he gets hoem but gees! all he changes is the undies and the shirt. ew!

i can only wear a thing once then i consider it dirty, even if i have it on only for a few hours i still wash it. i love the feeling of freshly washed and ironed clothes. mmmmm
is he one of those giant cartoon characters at an amusement park?

my 7th & 8th grade history teacher, Mr DeBernardis rented his suits by the week. he told us all about it. they were nice expensive suits, and they came with 5 shirts....but it was the same suit for a week. I couldnt take the commitment.

My memory of him has him wearing a grey suit with a carnation shirt and tie. I guess that stood out.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:07 AM   #102
shoot
Smooth Ruffian

Fruit of the Loom (34) white gold wedding band,in bed with the wife,a laptop and some warm blankets
shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #103
sandypossum
tri-continental dag hag

Just an obscenely short sleeveless dress made of polar fleece with a lurid pattern of giant grinning cat faces - my usual hangin-around-the-house-in-the-morning outfit.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 AM   #104
farfromhome
Management Consultant

I don't wear slacks or jeans. I only wear shorts. It's kind of my signature piece.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #105
funkykule
professional bowler

I was looking in the mirror the other day after a shower, and might I say it wasn't all bad. no, wait...it was all that bad after all!
However, it made me think that maybe if we lived in a nudist society there would be less overweightness/obesity problems.
The reason being that I realise I have extra weight, but when I have all my jiggly bits covered, I don't really think about it, and mostly just think "fuckit I want pizza, i'm not that fat anyway". If I was naked while making that decision, would I think twice about it?
Get my drift?
Or, if we did live in a nudist society, would we see that everyone is different and just accept our bodies as beautiful?
I was just wondering what you guys think? or am I just rambling..........

and I'm wearing:
jeans, greeenish highheeled cowboyboots, a cream vest and a green wollen tunic-type thing with no sleeves.

Last edited by funkykule; 03-27-2006 at 06:31 PM.
funkykule is offline   Reply With Quote