Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #3856
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by case View Post
Sucky!!! I am sorry, V. Did the other guy have insurance?
Yes, she did. I'm in "good hands". If she'd used her *foot* properly, I wouln't have any need of her proxy hands, however good they may be. Actually, there's nothing wrong with her foot. This was entirely a mental lapse. Dangit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Christ, it got the bumper, the rear qtr panel, the hatch, the light, and it left a nasty scratch on your license plate.
Thank you, sir, for the belly laugh! You forgot both the doors on the right side and the section of the unibody/pan that passes for a frame rail. It has a slight case of the crabs now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
Ouch, BigV. What happened there?
May I have the envelope, please......

And the award for the Most Ironic Dwellar in the Rhetorical Question Category is.... Chocolatl!

Honestly, I thougt, of all dwellars, *you* would know the answer to this question. Actually, I thought I'd be accused of being a copycat. Upon reflection I see that you're doing that girl thing by engaging me with questions while I'm doing the boy thing by being alert for conflict. My bad.

It's a fair question.

I was driving SonofV to the hospital yesterday for a previously scheduled dr appt. These appts are very difficult to get and I was determined to keep this one. I approached the end of a line of cars stopped for a red light on one of the arterials here. The line of cars was long enough to extend the whole (very short) block. I chose to stop so that I wouldn't be in the box (intersection) of the next cross street. That's illegal here, as it is in most places. There's a $115 fine if you're "caught in the box". Besides, its a bad idea. Ever been on the cross street wanting to drive straight ahead, but were blocked by some idiot who couldn't stand to be fifty feet further back of the STOPPED car ahead of him? Me too. So I don't block the intersection unless I'm not paying attention.

I was waiting for the light to turn green and for the cars to begin to move and I noticed in the rear view mirror (time s l o w s d o w n here) that that big old white Ford pickup truck was really big and getting bigger and damn quick. I thought, boy, I better scoot up and give this guy some more room (he's GINORMOUS in the mirror at this point) BOOOM!

No screech. No horn. Nothing. She just drove right into me, demolition derby style. Thank goodness I was rolling when she hit me, albeit slowly. I'm certain it deadend the impact. If I'd been up close to the car ahead I'd've been a VW sandwich. I rolled forward to the next driveway and pulled out of traffic. She had room to turn right onto the street I was trying not block. After verifying that SonofV was ok, I gave him the phone and told him to call Tink and explain what's going on and that we would be delayed.

Then I got out and stormed uphill to her truck. "You fucking idiot!!!" "Oh I'm so sorry, oh my god, I'm sorry, etc etc." We very quickly exchanged insurance information and I made sure the tires weren't rubbing anything flammable and that I wasn't leaking anything, flammable or otherwise, and we resumed our trip to the doctor.

In the future, I will verify insurance, driver's license and vehicle bona fides--this time there was none. That's a bad idea. I'll take a photo of her plates, her vehicle, her license, her face, her VIN, etc. This time I just took her word, which, so far, has turned out ok. The claim number she gave me has been validated. That's about all I know so far.

Thank guys and gals for your concern, I appreciate it. I will keep you updated.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #3857
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

It was an honest question and I meant no scheming girlness by it. As someone with recent experience in the "some damned fool just barreled right into me" line of accidents, I wondered about your specific hows and whys.

Glad to hear you and SonofV are okay. Hopefully CarofV will soon be okay, too!
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #3858
Tiki

Wow, that is just terrifying and awful, V! I'm so glad you guys re OK!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #3859
Tiki

My chick died last night. Right in my hands. I buried her under the yellow rose in my back yard.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #3860
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
My chick died last night. Right in my hands. I buried her under the yellow rose in my back yard.
I'm so sorry. Stupid world. Your story brought tears to my eyes, and this story to my memory. Substitute chick for raccoon.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #3861
daff0dil
Profitable Prophet

suck

tiki, man, sorry...how are the kids taking it

also, what strikes me is that BigV's damages look way better than my own, which is comical, since I moving less than 3 miles an hour during impace in an accident I had a month ago

by "accident I had" I mean:
Slowly pulling out of a parking space with the grandmother like precision I employ, being a reluctant drive at best, I encountered very suddenly a white acura and slammed the breaks on, but not before removing a portion of the front of his car and denting quite severely the front of mine (over the driveside wheel).
What struck me was that I was barely moving, so he must have really been moving. Sadly, because it was my place to yield, and I can rightfully say how fast he was driving or HOW he came from nowhere (since that is the essence of coming from nowhere) and, also sadly, I suspect, because his is a great big dick (sadder, ultimately, for the stranger and his family than me) I am at fault.
So the dent stays for a bit.
daff0dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #3862
daff0dil
Profitable Prophet

also, that was a uniquely uncompelling post. apologies.
I have been told new people must post occasionally to prove they exist and aren't trolls.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #3863
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Just because you post occasionally doesn't mean you're not a troll!

But, welcome! I'm a reluctant driver also.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #3864
Tiki

Oh man. I've never seen that particular Calvin & Hobbes before, it was so... reflective.

Daff, the kids are OK. I think Sam prepared himself before bed, he talked to her and cried a little. Juliet took it the worst; she came out around 4 am, saw the empty brooder, and came upstairs to wake me up and bawl. End of sleeping for me, so I'm running on three hours right now. Ophelia cried a little, demanded to see the body, and then was distracted by the new chicks I picked up at the store today.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #3865
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

For those of you who have been keeping track, you'll observe that I often wear a baseball cap. I was wearing one when I was rear ended yesterday and in my confusion after the crash, I didn't know where it went to. I was forced to deploy my backup cap, seen in this picture on the headrest of the passenger seat.

The original cap is also in the picture. Can you see it?

Yep, back on the package shelf behind the rear seat. That's where it landed when I was pushed out from underneath it by the idiot in the Ford. I'm tall enough that the headrest, and I use the term loosely here, at maximum extension comes about to the top of my collar. And when she hit me, my head snapped back and hurled my cap into the back.

Here endeth the (physics) lesson.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #3866
Tiki

Holy crap!

Does your neck hurt?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #3867
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Back ... and to the left ....

Back ... and to the left ....

Back ... and to the left!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #3868
daff0dil
Profitable Prophet

I'm just glad you were prepared

When I lose my bra I never have a spare
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #3869
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Hey V,

Any chance we'll see a picture of you anytime soon with a smile on your mug? Or at least a little less like you're doing your Charles Bronson impression.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #3870
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by daff0dil View Post
When I lose my bra I never have a spare
Does this happen often?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss