The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #16
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Pam, I asked you a question that I was serious about, but you never answered it. So...one more try.

You say your 'rents live in a nearby state. I was curious if you and they moved over here at the same time, or were you born here? Or maybe you were adopted? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics.

You've been most entertaining. I don't know your story but would like to know more.
My parents live in NJ. i have a step mom. My real mother died while giving birth to me...which I have talk about on here. I moved here at 11 or 12. I spend my day on the computer looking for jobs. and I also come on here in between the search which is exhausing...

I move back and forthe between the screens of here, and employment sites. I was told about this site from someone who stumbled upon it. this person knows my true identity from the other site i have spoken about. I love this site. it is truly the best...

since i have answered your questions, i want to know about this other 'emma' person. if it is not allowed to be discussion, than that is fine. but evidently she did something very terrible.

I have come in peace. while i am unstable and i understand that, i am harmless and kind.

Thank you,
Pam.
pensive pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

That's not what she said elsewhere. She said they lived in another state. It started my whole "what's your story" questions in gawd knows which of the hundreds of threads she started, which were never answered.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
That's not what she said elsewhere. She said they lived in another state. It started my whole "what's your story" questions in gawd knows which of the hundreds of threads she started, which were never answered.
yes, they live in a different state. i am in NY, they are in NJ.
what do you lack to understand??
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensive pam View Post
yes, they live in a different state. i am in NY, they are in NJ.
what do you lack to understand??
Mr. Infinite lacks credulity to the understandingness.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
and you have to allow for windage
Practice makes perfect! PULL!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #22
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Pam, have you been officially diagnosed?

Do you attend therapy?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Wait a minute. She said her mother died giving birth to her and her father died when she was 16.
To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune, but to lose both parents looks like carelessness.
(Lady Bracknell)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #24
monster
I hear them call the tide

People, you have to understand that none of the life examples Pam gives are intended as factual statements.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Pam, have you been officially diagnosed?

Do you attend therapy?
Yes. i have been diagnosed with a personality disorder, anxiety neurosis, depression, and bi-polar. I do attend therapy, and take medications. my condition hopefully explains my passive/aggressive behaviour (or so they tell me.)

at times, i just go nuts. it's not something i want to do; and it is very difficult for me to controll. but i will try harder. if i see someone who is homeless or hungry i will offer to buy them a snack or whatever i can afford. i have a very kind heart. but then there are times when i 'snap' for no reasons. like when i saw the pretty girl on the train holding flowers. and i wanted to smash them because i never get flowers. but that would not be fair to her.

at the same time the thought was in my mind until she got off the train. and i keep staring at her perfect pretty face and body. I was jealous and angry.

Wishig you the best Mr underoad,
Pam.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #26
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensive pam View Post
Not, I shall ask some of you to prove to me that this 'Emma' person existed. It is driving me nuts... yet nobody will tell me??
A former member here was named "Starring Emma." She became intolerably annoying, and to get rid of her, she was "sent to Coventry." This means that she could make posts, but nobody else could see her posts. She could see them, and Undertoad and the moderators could see them if they wanted to, but for everyone else, her posts are gone. So I can't show you any of her posts, because she's been made invisible. You will just have to trust that she was here, and be happy that you don't have to read her posts.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #27
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
A former member here was named "Starring Emma." She became intolerably annoying, and to get rid of her, she was "sent to Coventry." This means that she could make posts, but nobody else could see her posts. She could see them, and Undertoad and the moderators could see them if they wanted to, but for everyone else, her posts are gone. So I can't show you any of her posts, because she's been made invisible. You will just have to trust that she was here, and be happy that you don't have to read her posts.
thank you for reply. Anyone with the name 'starring emma' wanted to be a 'star.' so that should have gave her away. When i was on the other site, there was a person imitating me. I do not know what the motivation was. And i spent a lot of time battling that. I tried to show people how the structural sentences were different. I quoted the other poster's post, and then posted below how i would have written it. it was not fair to me. the 'imposter' used much bigger words than me, and longer senetences. and was much better at grammer. finally the webmaster came on. she had checked each IP address. and dismissed the rumor. I won validation!!!

thanks again,
Pam.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #28
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's excellent, going for therapy! Good job by you.

When you're in therapy, do they give you suggestions on how to manage it when you "snap"?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
pensive pam
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
That's excellent, going for therapy! Good job by you.

When you're in therapy, do they give you suggestions on how to manage it when you "snap"?
Well, i have 'breathing techniqes' theye have taught me. also 'immiging' techniqes as well. I try to focus on my 'happy place' in my brain. so a lot of it is mental exercize.

i also need to be more carful to take medication at propers time. that is a very big factor. i also need to not drink wine. that is a key trigger to my mood.

thank you for a wonderful sight,
Love Pam.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #30
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Pam, I am writing you a reply because I think what I have to say is important. But before you read, I want you know one thing. A lot of what I have to say will sound very mean, but I am only being 100% honest.

The reason why some of us might think you are troll is because your responses are erratic, you are offended very easily and blow things out of proportion, and you post a lot of threads about yourself and then get angry for us talking about you. If you are a really the way you say, than I am sorry for baiting you, but your actions are very suspect so it is hard to take you seriously.

My advice, if you want it, is to stop posting/reading The Cellar. Not because I do not want your input, but because I think it is bad for you. You do not need to do so for forever, but take a break. 6months or a year. You are not alone in this, many dwellers here have had to take a break when they were having mental issues. You have admitted to having mental issues, and you are not coping well at this time. Thats normal, you are under a lot of stress. That being said, it is hard enough to judge a person's true intent in real life, it is 50times harder to judge their intent on the internet when you do not have body, face or voice cues to help you discern their meaning. Therefor, I think you should take a break from online interacting. I think you are having a hard time understanding people's intent, and online you need to have the ability to stay calm and rational. At this time, you are struggling with that and you need to time to gain mental stability. Again, many of the posters here have had the same exact issue and had to take a break. You are not the only one.

Next, if your parents are good people, and able to help you out, then forget the job in NY and move back in with them. I, myself, have had to move back to my parents more than once due to medical issues. There is no shame in that. If living with them will help you have less stress, then do it. You need to focus on your mental health and do whatever it takes. Mental diseases are extremely difficult to control, it takes time, and most people do not understand them very well. Give the medicine time to work, almost all meds I've used for depression took months to a year to be truly effective, even meds for other diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a long time to work well. Do not give up on the meds, take them!

Last, STOP DRINKING! The type of meds you are probably on do not work well with alcohol. If you truly want to get better, do not drink alcohol at all.

Again, I know this will probably upset you, but believe it or not, I mean it to help you. Concentrate on getting better, take a break from online interaction. I wish you the best.

Please take time to really think about my message. Even take it in to your therapist if you have to and see what their opinion is if need be.

Tags
guinevere is that you?, leave the driving to us