The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #541
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Just a bit stuck on the thought of Zen driving a hiace. lol You must have pulled some chicks in that baby.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #542
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Fully converted campervan, baby, mags, superdark windows ... 20 years old, rust holes you could put your fist through, and the front part of the roof held on with sticky tape.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #543
Aliantha

Did you have a mullet when you were driving it? Did you tie your surfboard to the top? Did you own a mesh singlet?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #544
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Stoppit Ali...you're making Zen sound all hawt.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #545
Aliantha

Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #546
monster
I hear them call the tide

Parent of my middle school swim team punishing their kid for losing their swim bag by making them miss the meet and write me an email to tell me that. Late the night before the meet after the revised heat sheets are out when apparently the bag has been gone for over a week. They are punishing two whole relay teams. One thing we make clear at the start is if you will miss a meet, we need to know asap and the only excuse for last minute is sudden sickness.

Also, Hector appears to be headed for the last category He doesn't look good this morning
Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #547
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
It pissed me off when the inch lost his brand new, worn once, climbing harness but it never occurred to me to keep him back from climbing practice. Indentured servitude, yes, of course, but not having him skip practice.

Plus, in his defense there is strong evidence indicating his mother was actually the one who lost it. and if the kids require a shepherd or chaperone or other watcher it seems that they are ultimately responsible for the comings and goings of their charges.

By high school a simple, nagging, "Did you remember your gear?" ought to suffice, though.

I hope Hector feels better.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #548
monster

It's a popular parenting practice -they reckon they only forget lose stuff once, and if they want to parent that way, it's their call, but if the stuff has been gone over a week, they must have known this was a possibility and could have let us know. He only ever made half the practices because of conflicts with another activity and carpool issues, so we didn't realize he was missing because he didn't have his gear. But 10pm the night before, just as I send out the final heat sheet -which they altered because the time for his relay (which I will now have to scratch) was wrong.... grrr.

oh, and go Pandas.

and while we're in the pissing you off thread.... beest being called away on business not getting back until after his mom arrives in a week that demands a two taxi family -notably at airport pick-up time......... and a miracle in the housework department.

and I'm tired.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #549
monster

While we were out, MIL blocked toilet so it overflowed, mopped it up with towels but insufficiently, didn't call us to let us know/ask what to do, and now the ceiling above me is soaking wet
Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #550
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

WTF? How do you even ...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #551
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Shit.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #552
monster

I hope no shit, but laundering said towels will have to wait 'til tomorrow morning. I can almost see -that's too precious to waste doing laundry when there's cellar to read!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #553
monster

Ceiling is drying out but stained
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #554
Aliantha

I am really fucking pissed off.

Why do people have to be told they're fucking wonderful all the fucking time, just for doing something to help their own fucking kids???!

As you may know, I volunteered to manage the big boys footy team this season, but I can tell you that if I'd known how much fucking bitching I'd have to deal with from parents and bloody club staff, I'd have told them to stick the fucking job up their arses!

The only thing the parents have to do is take turns to wash the jersey's (which I'm thinking of just doing myself because it'd be fucking easier) and each week, one of them has to wear a vest that says duty official and sit with our team supporters and sort out any parents that make comments which might be considered un-sportsmanlike (which rarely happens, so mostly you just sit there and watch the game like everyone else).

Last night in the weekly newsletter, I mentioned that some parents hadn't volunteered for either of these jobs yet and put a list of the people who had and who didn't need to bother helping out this week.

So what happened?

I forgot a couple of people who had helped out and you should have seen the shit fly. I'm not kidding you. I even had a lengthy text message this morning about how someone's husband helps out all the time at home games blah blah.

The stupidest part of it all was that I even said in the note that I knew I'd forgotten a couple of helpers but clearly everyone wants their fucking recognition.

Fuck them all fucking arseholes!

This is what has upset some parents.

Quote:
Don’t forget! If your Mum, Dad or any other representative of your family has not volunteered to help out with the few small jobs we have as parents and friends of our boys, then this week would be a great week to start. Some families who regularly volunteer have suggested a roster system, but I’d like to give those of you who may be a little bit shy a chance to come over and put your hand up. At the moment with only having away games, we only have to have a volunteer for Duty Official, and also for washing the jersey’s. When we have games at home, we’ll need more helpers with the canteen and time-keeping which means that every few weeks, it will be your turn to do something again. I will not need a volunteer from the families of the following boys:
Shaun, Nathan, Scott, Jay, Sam, Aden, Mav, Brian, Rhett. There may be a couple of others who have helped out whom I have forgotten to mention, but I don’t think it’s fair if it ends up being the same families volunteering each week, so if you haven’t had a go yet, it’s time to get stuck in.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #555
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

m*therf*cker..... lost the post reply......ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

--

short and sweet this time.

Ali, good luck, you're gonna need it.

In our large scout troop, we have one fundraiser that has compulsory attendance by the parents. We have a calendar for them to sign up for the shifts they want to serve. And we have people whose job it is to compare the roster with the schedule and make sure everyone has signed up for their shifts, attends their shifts, and calls the slackers to get them on the schedule.

You will not get 100% participation if you just leave it at volunteer. People have to be be motivated by the thought that they have something to lose, like face in the newsletter. As for the people who DID serve but were not listed, psh.. Also unavoidable. Publish another list, saying Sorry I overlooked A B C, they're a great help but I forgot to mention their names. Thanks A B C!

Then, don't look back. Or, give A B C the job of making sure all the jobs are filled.

Tags
limburger