The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #31
aero geek

True. As a pilot I can say that supplemental oxygen is only required above 10,000ft by law and by not pressurizing to sea level, this saves wear and tear on the airframe. I believe they pressurize the cabin to a maximum equivalent of 8000ft so if you live in Mexico City you will already be accustomed to it. For myself, it just seems to make me sleepy, hungry and thirsty. :p
Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #32
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero geek View Post
True. As a pilot I can say that supplemental oxygen is only required above 10,000ft by law and by not pressurizing to sea level, this saves wear and tear on the airframe. I believe they pressurize the cabin to a maximum equivalent of 8000ft so if you live in Mexico City you will already be accustomed to it. For myself, it just seems to make me sleepy, hungry and thirsty. :p

ag - weed is not the answer.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #33
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Mmm...I could just eat a Pot Noodle....they really are spanking gorgeous.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #34
Cloud

okay, this is what I think: The coke guitar was made less for smuggling purposes than for a high-end user. Think how awesome that would be laid out at a party.

Uh, that would be a criminal type party. With gangsters and rock stars and stuff. I go to 'em all the time..

Okay, that's an awful lot of coke for a party, but I've seen pictures of drugs made into birds and other objects for fancy users.

AND . . . the beach shot? -- fish spunk.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #35
deadbeater
Sir Post-A-Lot

Man the art of hiding drugs in things is lost today. They should have done what the American Gangster did and hide drugs in the coffins of the Afghan war dead.
deadbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #36
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbeater View Post
Man the art of hiding drugs in things is lost today.
Art? The kid of Andy Reid - NFL Philadelphia Eagles' head coach - pushed 89 pills up his anus so as to have sufficient drugs while in prison. The drugs were later found in his cell during an inspection. Where is the art in hiding drugs? Is the art in cleaning drugs before swallowing them?

BTW, back in jail are both Reid boys who are from the same town where another kid tried to Columbine the local high school. Is this an artsy town?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 AM   #37
SPUCK
Professor

Looks like we need a name change.
IoTD just isn't cutting it anymore.

How about IoTW?
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #38
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero geek View Post
Aero geek is correct. Commercial jetliners are pressurised to 8000 feet, and while this rarely causes problems with the usual carry-on things such as toothpaste and potato chip bags, it CAN cause certain things to burst. Over pressurised cans, home canning, and butane lighters for example.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 AM   #39
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphone Jim View Post
It comes from an interest in Diaphone Air Horns, big ones (Types F and G) for fog signals and smaller ones (Types B and C) for fire department and emergency alerting systems.
That is truly an unusual interest. You'll fit right in here. Welcome.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote