The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 AM   #61
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder where this playground is?

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 05:56 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:04 AM   #62
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

That's too bad, because it's actually a pretty ingenious design. Making something work equivalently and not look like a swastika would be difficult.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #63
mitheral
Abecedarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmbacon
(edited to add this quote)
Because it's no longer a symbol of peace and well-being. How do you think Jews feel about that picture? People are still very sensitive to that symbol, as witnessed lately with the whole Prince Harry debacle.

Look, I'm no political-correctness policeman, but I think it's important to keep that symbol as it is as a reminder of what happened. It'd be a shame if its meaning got diluted, and besides, how confusing would it be if some part of the world associated it with peace and well-being, and another part of the world associated it with the most famous genocide in human history? Talk about your mixed messages.
But it only a symbol/reminder of the Nazis to the western world. For 700 million Hindus it's meaning is much different. Even if they never convince the rest of the world to use the swastika (I doubt we'll ever see that hockey team in Edmonton again) at least they can build awareness that the symbol has two meanings. That way the number of ignorant knee jerkers who see a swastika and start pointing and yelling Nazi will be reduced.

If the Nazis had chosen the cross would you be calling for every christian to stop using that symbol?

Last edited by mitheral; 04-01-2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling
mitheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #64
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
That's too bad, because it's actually a pretty ingenious design. Making something work equivalently and not look like a swastika would be difficult.
try three crossbars. do you see a star of david now? or a box or circle design. sure, this one's easy to envision, and construct. but not the only simple effective design.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #65
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
I wonder where this playground is?
they have that exact same toy at my son's school. it is a very good school, so i figured i could overlook the white supremacy thing.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #66
i Love India
Kinda New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitheral
But it only a symbol/reminder of the Nazis to the western world. For 700 million Hindus it's meaning is much different. Even if they never convince the rest of the world to use the swastika (I doubt we'll ever see that hockey team in Edmonton again) at least they can build awareness that the symbol has two meanings. That way the number of ignorant knee jerkers who see a swastika and start pointing and yelling Nazi will be reduced.

If the Nazis had chosen the cross would you be calling for every christian to stop using that symbol?
I completly agree with you. In hindi it is called a swastik and the Nazi took the symbol from Hinduism and used it in a bad very. In India and Hindus all over the world still use it. Why not, it is our relgious symbol. Just like the person before me said "If the Nazis had choosen the cross would you be calling for every christan to stop using that symbol?" The anwser is no you wouldn't because American's always think that they are right and they are the best. The fact is you are not. As a country, America, we need to start showing respect to all people around the world. And before you talk about something make sure you know what you are talking about because most people here don't even know the TRUE meaning of the swastik and just think it is a bad symbol. I am hindu and I use the symbol because its meaning has not changed for thousands of years and never will just because some dumb people used it in a bad way does not mean we bad! Thank you, that is all.
i Love India is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:37 AM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar India.
Quote:
most people here don't even know the TRUE meaning of the swastik and just think it is a bad symbol.
Uh ..have you read the thread? You know, the 29 posts that preceded yours.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #68
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

i'm pretty new to the whole genocide, nazi VS jew thing. but of late ive seen a few movies and read up on a few things and it just baffles me how so many jews were taken prisioner by the germans. Why did they not fight back - surely the massive number of jews could have taken on a few guards?

And i am yet to hear the story from the nazi point of view. How could a normal human being be brainwashed into killing children, babies, women and men in cold blood, and (in the movies) have it be the same as us squashing an ant in our sandwhich?

i obviously have a lot to learn about it, i know, but there is so much i dont understand about it. I mean, maybe the symbol is good luck - and thats why the germans had so much success in overpowering the jews?

do we have any jewish cellarites or any cellarites whose decended from nazi/ german backgrounds?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #69
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Sparkz
...I mean, maybe the symbol is good luck - and thats why the germans had so much success in overpowering the jews?...
No, it was the Spear of Destiny that did that.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #70
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
i'm pretty new to the whole genocide, nazi VS jew thing. but of late ive seen a few movies and read up on a few things and it just baffles me how so many jews were taken prisioner by the germans. Why did they not fight back - surely the massive number of jews could have taken on a few guards?
You could ask the same about any prison. Except in most prisons there's more discouragement of execution of prisoners.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #71
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

but to get them into imprisonment in the first place is what i am talking about. i mean, just turning up and saying right you 300 ppl get into the back of that truck, or me and my army of 20 men will hurt you.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

First you disarm the whole civilian population.
Second you create animosity between the Jews and everyone else.
Third you herd the Jews into separate neighborhoods
Fourth you wall the neighborhoods and lock them in at night.
Then you round them up and ship them in boxcars to "labor camps"
It's not that hard.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #73
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
...it just baffles me how so many jews were taken prisioner by the germans. Why did they not fight back - surely the massive number of jews could have taken on a few guards?...
Easy, one of Hitler's first decrees was to make private gun ownership illegal and which required all Germans to turn their guns in or have them seized and face severe punishment. In this case, when guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them," -- George Mason

Last edited by 404Error; 04-11-2005 at 12:44 AM.
404Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #74
wolf
lobber of scimitars

That makes me a VERY good citizen.

etc.

(N.B. Troubleshooter, the little guy in the second pic is also a KelTec product ...)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #75
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error
Easy, one of Hitler's first decrees was to make private gun ownership illegal and which required all Germans to turn their guns in or have them seized and face severe punishment. In this case, when guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them," -- George Mason
i have never been armed.
i have never been enslaved.