The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #46
crossfire
The White Rapper

Lost in Translation and KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST. LIT was boring, in my humble opinion, and Kung Pow almost made me lose respect for parodies. The idea was eh, but the execution was horrendous.
crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:43 PM   #47
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Bah! and I say again, Bah!. Lost in Translation was a fantastic film. A well acted, well written , well directed character piece.......and actually, whilst I'm about it, i loved Kung Pow!

"Aiaiaiaiaieieieeee" ( The sign of the Chosen one)
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:51 PM   #48
glatt

Lost In Translation was good. It was slow paced, but that was the whole point. It wasn't supposed to be an action adventure.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:48 PM   #49
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Look for this turkey "2010 AC/DC Attack of the killer cave babes "
I rented this turkey once thinking there would be SOME nudity in it , noppers just a bunch of semi-babes in 50's style bikinies drageing dudes around by their hair .
It truely sucked HIND-ASS !!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 09:57 PM   #50
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt
Look for this turkey "2010 AC/DC Attack of the killer cave babes "
I rented this turkey once thinking there would be SOME nudity in it , noppers just a bunch of semi-babes in 50's style bikinies drageing dudes around by their hair .
It truely sucked HIND-ASS !!!!!!!
Some friends and I would every so often all gather, load up on a plethora of movie-watching snax and watch bad movies for the sole purpose of heckling them all the way through. That one sounds like a GOOD candidate for such a gathering.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #51
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know if it was the overhype I got from my friends, or the fact that they neglected to tell me I had to be on acid in order to find any humor in the film, but I just don't like it. It's actually now supplanted Sixth Sense as my worst movie ever.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:41 PM   #52
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

HeavyMetal!! Anyone recall that fiasco? You pretty much had to be on 'ludes* to enjoy that one...

*viewer was on 'ludes.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 11:51 AM   #53
Cyber Wolf

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
HeavyMetal!! Anyone recall that fiasco? You pretty much had to be on 'ludes* to enjoy that one...
Oh you can't mean the animation-compo Heavy Metal! You just can't!

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Old 10-17-2004, 12:47 PM   #54
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh, yes, Cyber Wolf, I do indeed mean that one!

It was so freakin' awful even our altered states didn't keep us from gagging.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 10-17-2004, 01:31 PM   #55
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
I am still underwhelmed by the much publicized soundtrack, but that was one terrific movie. I was a regular ready of Heavy Metal at the time the movie came out and was for the most part pleased with the story treatments, although there were other stories that I would have chosen than the one with the sword and sorcery one. Like Druuna, or Airtight Garage, or Champuku.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #56
Cyber Wolf

Quote:
Oh, yes, Cyber Wolf, I do indeed mean that one!

It was so freakin' awful even our altered states didn't keep us from gagging.
Are you sure it wasn't the stuff altering you that was making you gag? :p

Old 10-17-2004, 04:44 PM   #57
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm sure. I was soooooo totally NOT into it.

Kentucky Fried Movie, however, now that was a great movie---but this is the Bad Movie Thread, isn't it?

—James Barrie

Old 10-20-2004, 04:16 AM   #58
Eric
know yourself

trueman's world, so far, i only remember this one.It's a great movie
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:27 PM   #59
crossfire
The White Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbaccus
Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know if it was the overhype I got from my friends, or the fact that they neglected to tell me I had to be on acid in order to find any humor in the film, but I just don't like it. It's actually now supplanted Sixth Sense as my worst movie ever.
How can you imply that Sixth Sense was the worse movie ever? I know that you said MY and not THE worst movie, but still.
crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:19 PM   #60
Doodle
Cheese is strange.

Worst movie ever huh?

Let me think....i'd have to go with Starship Troopers for a couple reasons:

1. It was the cheesiest thing i have ever seen in my life, but i've never been a big fan of Sci-Fi.

2. Heinlein is an amazing author, but the movie wasn't a reflection of that.

Cheesy!!!

Little Miss Doodle
Doodle is offline   Reply With Quote