The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #151
Griff
still says videotape

I think Glatt made a great point on that. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #152
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Glatt: I am going to check out the radio when I get to the showroom.
If you have to look at the radio to change basic functions, well, close your eyes. Using only a hand, volume and station selections should be possible. A driver must do that when driving; especially when in the dark. In one rental car, I had to pull over to finally change the station.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #153
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
If you have to look at the radio to change basic functions, well, close your eyes. Using only a hand, volume and station selections should be possible. A driver must do that when driving; especially when in the dark. In one rental car, I had to pull over to finally change the station.
Whoa pardner. You mean we are supposed to close our eyes when we drive at night?

Lola Bunny - What made you want to start such a vile and vicious thread?
Old 12-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #154
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Whoa pardner. You mean we are supposed to close our eyes when we drive at night?
Obviously that was never said. Your reply ignores the topic; to only attack the messenger.

Try to read what is written rather than reply to what you want to see. I believe you are incapable.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #155
glatt

Just got the latest issue of Consumer Reports today. They had a short article about how much radios (or infotainment systems) suck today.

And there was another article about the best and worst cars for the money.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #156
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The price of a Hyundai sonata GLS hasn't changed in ten years. Well, the 2.7 was the same price as the 2.4 is now, I wonder if the features at that trim level are the same?
Old 12-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #157
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I have a Hyundai Sonata Limited V6 with everything. It has a nice Infinity sound system with "Infinity" on the dash over it. I point it out to passengers and tell them the car is having an identity crisis.

Of course, I need the 2 extra cylinders to deliver the horsepower necessary to carry my big dic around. People like Lola Bunny and tw wouldn't have that requirement.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #158
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
The price of a Hyundai sonata GLS hasn't changed in ten years. Well, the 2.7 was the same price as the 2.4 is now, I wonder if the features at that trim level are the same?
I thought I read that they came out with a 1.8 that's supposed to be extremely economical on gas.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #159
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
I thought I read that they came out with a 1.8 that's supposed to be extremely economical on gas.
must be their north korean branch or for the dicless...
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #160
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

The 2.5 Altima is only 24k. Just sayin. If you'd by a 3.5SL, you might as well get a Maxima. Especially when you factor in rebates
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #161
glatt

Yeah, the cars they chose to include seem a little random.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #162
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The advantage of CU is access to feedback from a shitload of readers, and a reputation for being unbiased. But anyone who has read CU for a long time is aware that while they strive to be fair, the testers/writers do often let their personal bias show. That's human and almost impossible to avoid where subjective ratings are part of the process. It's OK as long as you realize your wants, needs and likes may not be the same as the tester, so you have to separate hard test results from opinions.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #163
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I want to thank everyone who have given me advice, suggestions, or opinions. I am not very good at acknowledging posts although I like people to acknowledge me. And I would especially like to thank Jim for spending all those hours helping me with the finance, giving suggestions and advice on how to actually go into a dealer and talk to those guys. I really appreciate all your help. You're a good man.

And now, I'd like to present my new car. A 2014 Avalon.
Attached Images

Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #164
glatt

Nice!

You went with a larger car than you were initially talking about!

How's the radio?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #165
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Ahhh...yes, the radio. We actually went into a dealer to test drive it first since it's bigger than our current Altima, and being petite people, my sister and I need to make sure we could handle a bigger car. As my sister was driving the car, I made sure I look at the radio. It was a touch screen. I then asked my sister to change the station just to see how difficult it would be. She glanced down and touched a different station. It was quite straight forward. After we got the car, I asked the the salesperson if there's a manual because I've got no idea how all these electronic works since my last car was 20 yrs ago. He did a run through and paired the phone onto the car. (Is that the right expression?) Anyways, you can answer your phone and change the radio station right on the steering wheel. No need to look onto the screen below. You can also listen to your music from the phone rather than listening to the radio, which my sister usually does. It's cool. We can also set speed dial and don't have to worry about going through the contact list. These features may be standard these days (I'm guessing), but they were awesome to me.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote