The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Talk about the Marichiko ban here

I'm ready to take my lumps for it. But please.

AFAIC I would have banned her if she'd made any similar threat to any of you. Frankly I was more than a little alarmed at her threatening AG people that THEY would be banned. As if their behaviour was bannable - it never was. I can't say that enough.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Oh hey, the other aspect of this is - when people tell me to ban them, I certainly will. I'm getting to feel more strongly about that.

It's a game to them at that point, and they want me to ban them to make a point. What that point is, exactly, I'm not sure, but I'm happy to help them make it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:57 AM   #3
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I don't know what she's been doing recently, but there's been an awful lot of bad blood between her and several Dwellars, notably UT and LJ. And some of you just egg her on...why?

I'm not here to defend her in this case. Granted, I can see getting some fun out of giving her shit for a while, but that shit's been going on for what? Over a year now? It's like trying to battle Radar or tw...what's the point? You'll be slinging shit, but accomplishing nothing.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I've been having a rather full week and wasn't able to participate in the ongoing discussion(s) involving Mari, but I do get the reasons for banning her, and am in agreement.

Her line of bullshit was getting deeper and deeper, culminating in that final screed that made my eyes bleed.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:08 AM   #5
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I hesitate to even comment, as I have been here for a pooftenths amount of time and have no clue about the history, but then I feel that if I want to be a long term member, I should get involved with bad as well as the good.

I will say that its been interesting watching this unfold. Its like the bad film that you arent enjoying, but you cant not watch it!

To me, a noob, it did kinda seem that there wasnt going to be a win/win solution here, as it appeared the old history was just going to be linked to continuously and thrown in everyone's face.

That said, another forum I am a member of has a Mari character and she seems to LOVE the conflict....thrives on it. I dont know Mari well enough to know this is correct, but it did seem that way
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:10 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You are very perceptive, ducksnuts.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:57 AM   #7
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

There are people who thrive on conflict and those who don't back down from it. I do not know enough of the dealings to say... but if she did thrive on conflict why give her more of it? Throwing more fuel on the fire which, sadly, reminds me of a different forum I no longer visit.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Your choics UT , this IS your sand box after all ,
Like LJ I beleve some of her postes are BS , ( I don't know if she is just playing games because she ain't got any thing better to do , or if she just gets off on the conflict , or deep down she beleves what she is saying ) ???
But it is a filler ,
Over all I don't object to her postes ,
I just read what I want and Ignore the rest .

Just my 2 cents .
Old 04-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #9
NoBoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad

"It's a game to them at that point, and they want me to ban them to make a point. What that point is, exactly, I'm not sure, but I'm happy to help them make it."
From her last post, I would appraise the situation as ... Suicide by Undertoad !

Why? Chalk it up to a defect in affect. You did what you had to do.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:31 AM   #10
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm lazy and stupid...could someone please direct me to the salient sequence of postings that resulted in this ban?

I never had any more problem with Mari than I ever had with Dave, TW, Radar, LJ (at times), etc, but that's me. I tend to be a fairly easy to get along with person as long as you aren't part of a faceless government entity.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:34 AM   #11
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

boom , boom , boom
Another one bites the dust !
Old 04-29-2006, 03:31 AM   #12
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I'm lazy and stupid...could someone please direct me to the salient sequence of postings that resulted in this ban?

I never had any more problem with Mari than I ever had with Dave, TW, Radar, LJ (at times), etc, but that's me. I tend to be a fairly easy to get along with person as long as you aren't part of a faceless government entity.
It's not really worth reading, but the last pig fight was here:

Marichiko smokes cigarettes
http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10607

The final sucide post was at the end of this:

Why am I constantly eating?
http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10576

Anyone that posts in large red font should immediately get the axe. UT, you are right, if someone gets so angry as to ask for banning, you gotta do it.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:16 AM   #13
Elspode

Ah...thanks, RS. I see what's happened, now. Interesting to note that the entire demeanor of that thread which contained the "suicide post" has also driven a couple of the new AG folks to each other's throats.

All I'm going to opine is this: Mari has a streak of drama queen, that is true. It is also true that she's had more than a little bit of being poked with sticks to see how frenzied she might get.

I'm curious as to why the various woes and tribulations that I have posted over the years are more believeable or less suspect than the things that Mari has shared with us.

How come LJ and UT don't call me out? What if I'm just more cunning and expressive than Mari, or more likeable in print?

I could be a sociopath for all The Cellar knows, fabricating bullshit for my own masturbatory entertainment. I'm not, but I could be.

So why not drag my woes out kicking and screaming into the light of reason and reality?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:40 AM   #14
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

I thought it was weird that someone that would be so argumentatitive would make available so much information about herself. Her personal website with pics and semi-private life info. Just asking for trouble.

I don't know the history, and I'm not interested (not trying to be rude either), but I wouldn't have banned her. Message boards need wackjobs.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #15
Elspode

Call me gullible, but I think that the fact that Mari *did* throw out so much intimate information, despite the apparent inherent hypocrisies which have been pointed out, demonstrates a willingness to be *real* with us here on The Cellar.

Reality sucks for the most part...but let he/she who is without hypocrisy or denial throw the first pack of smokes.