The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

December 4, 2012 - Bird of Paradise or Synchronicity

Artist: Kerry Henrickson

Usually I start cruising through websites looking for interesting images. Today, though, I wanted something made of glass and did a search for fused glass images. I came across this bird of paradise. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but chose to post it anyway because there were a number of synchronicities that made me feel connected to this piece.

I went to the website and started reading a little bit about the artist. Turns out she is a physiology academic Ph.D. kind of person and does the glass as a hobby.

What really struck me was the part of her bio that describes her process of adopting baby from China. I have 3 children adopted from Guatemala. It just kind of gave me a shiver that I pick some random picture because I like bird of pafradise and have a backyard full of them and then learn that the artist is pursuing international adoption.

Doing international adoption is like a "thing." It's like you get membership to this big club of anonymous members who are all friends even though we've never met.

There are other things that parallel in our lives, but I won't bore you with the rest. I just thought this was kind of an interesting thing to have happen - and today, of all days, when I'm so overwhelmed by my life that I'm living primarily by instinct and when I really only had about 20 min at the computer before running off to the next thing on the agenda.

Last edited by CaliforniaMama; 12-04-2012 at 01:36 PM.
CaliforniaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I bet you're more beautiful to your children than that lovely work of art. Good for you (and them) CaliMama.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
SPUCK
Professor

Really nice glass there.. wow.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote