The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #151
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt View Post
its Pam !!!
No it's not. Try again. Like I said, I'm above having to hide behind a fake user name so I can come back as someone else like so many here seem to do. What's with all the changing of the usernames anyway? That's frowned upon on other quality sites.
BrilliantDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #152
monster
I hear them call the tide

bye!

wait, weren't you leaving?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #153
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

When new comers arrive here, I sometimes think they just don't realize how long some people have been posting and sharing personal stuff with this community, and it's hard for some people to understand that and realize the support people show for one another even through or despite differences in political or even moral beliefs is real.

Maybe if more new comers had the chance to see this they'd stay longer themselves. I do remember when I first came here I felt like I was on the outter for a long time, but I don't feel that way anymore, even though there are some here that I don't get along with so well. And it's not like I don't care about even those people. I wish the best for all the people I've come to know over the years i've been here.

It takes time to get to know people, and you can't expect to just be treated like one of the family if the family doesn't know how to treat you.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #154
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
It takes time to get to know people, and you can't expect to just be treated like one of the family if you just showed up to attach a few flyers to the door, suggest a new color scheme for the siding, and let your dog poop on the lawn without picking it up.....
Ghost-wrote that for you....
Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #155
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
bye!

wait, weren't you leaving?
Like I said, fuck off jealous bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
When new comers arrive here, I sometimes think they just don't realize how long some people have been posting and sharing personal stuff with this community, and it's hard for some people to understand that and realize the support people show for one another even through or despite differences in political or even moral beliefs is real.

Maybe if more new comers had the chance to see this they'd stay longer themselves. I do remember when I first came here I felt like I was on the outter for a long time, but I don't feel that way anymore, even though there are some here that I don't get along with so well. And it's not like I don't care about even those people. I wish the best for all the people I've come to know over the years i've been here.

It takes time to get to know people, and you can't expect to just be treated like one of the family if the family doesn't know how to treat you.
"Fawning over" isn't necessary. But being nice to newbs and making them feel welcome should be on a forum that cares about new members. I've made posts that were completely ignored. My breast cancer walk thread was changed into the 'what should monster wear thread'.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #156
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

geez, The following is a post, I tried to post a few back...but now just feels silly.

Hello Brilliant Disguise. I am sorry I didn't say hello. Don't take it personally. We are kind of marginal around here sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster isn't marginal. Hence the name.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #157
monster

Jealous of what, exactly? The stuck in the 80s thing?

oh and thread-drift... that's what the cellar is all about. Did you miss the memo?

Suggest you go back to those awesome forums...
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #158
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantDisguise View Post
My breast cancer walk thread was changed into the 'what should monster wear thread'.

It wasn't ignored. I, for one, have been busy and just didn't read it yet.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #159
monster

Threads do not belong to anyone....
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #160
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
geez, The following is a post, I tried to post a few back...but now just feels silly.

Hello Brilliant Disguise. I am sorry I didn't say hello. Don't take it personally. We are kind of marginal around here sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster isn't marginal. Hence the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
It wasn't ignored. I, for one, have been busy and just didn't read it yet.
I don't have a problem with you at all. Now monster on the other hand is just a big bitch.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #161
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

BD, this forum has minimal moderation, therefor, thread drift is inevitable.

We've all been touched by cancer, and I'm sure everyone feels very supportive of your efforts with your walk.

Monster is a pain in the arse. You'll just have to get used to her or find a way to deal with her if you stick around, cause she doesn't seem to be going anywhere. That's one tip I can give you, and believe me, monster and I have had our differences. lol She's not that bad really though.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #162
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

I know all about thread drift. As I've said I'm not new to forums at all. I think most thread drifts can turn out to be very funny and normally I welcome them.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #163
monster

I'm thinking the "jealous bitch" thing is maybe a psychological projection ?

Bitch, no questiion.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #164
monster

Score is 40:love, game point......
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #165
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm thinking the "jealous bitch" thing is maybe a psychological projection ?

Bitch, no questiion.
I'm not the only one that thinks this.