The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

View Poll Results: What should I do with this mouse?
Shoot the bastard and have him mounted 4 25.00%
Use a snap trap 0 0%
Use a sticky trap 0 0%
Get a mouser cat 3 18.75%
Make a small chair and set up a cellar account for him 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2004, 09:30 AM   #61
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Looks like a young mouse. Think you got about 10 more where that one came from.

Whatever you do...don't put them all into the same bin or you'll have 60 of them.

And while mice are very good at chewing, if the bin has nothing to bite down on, they can't get out. That means as long as it's fairly flat they'll have a fairly tough time. They'd need to relly on their front claws to scrape enough material off to start taking bites out. Once they can bite, it's as good as a 1' hole for them.

Now go get an excercise wheel!
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:50 AM   #62
Beletseri
Yeah sez you

He looks like a Deer mouse rather than your regular house mouse. Can anyone confirm? Of course Deer mice carry Hanta virus but he probably doesn't have it.

He would appreciate a running wheel and you could keep him in a good sized aquarium but you might have trouble moving him. Wild mice jump like popcorn on a hot pan when they are moved to express themselves.

Some wood shavings would probably make his stay more comfortable too along with some paper towels to shred.

Peanut butter is also a favorite snack. Put some on his doritos.
Beletseri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #63
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by Beletseri

...you could keep him in a good sized aquarium but you might have trouble moving him. Wild mice jump like popcorn on a hot pan when they are moved to express themselves.
The water should reduce the jumping problem.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:09 PM   #64
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast
Or how about a nice drive to the country and a quick toss of mousie out window into a field.

just make sure you slow down a little bit first
Old 01-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #65
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
Originally posted by Beletseri
He would appreciate a running wheel and you could keep him in a good sized aquarium...

Some wood shavings would probably make his stay more comfortable too along with some paper towels to shred.

Peanut butter is also a favorite snack. Put some on his doritos.
Actually I think he would be most comfortable at a Ritz Carlton. Get him a Suite there. Never mind the money, you two are buds after all.

Last edited by Brigliadore; 01-16-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Brigliadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:20 PM   #66
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound

And while mice are very good at chewing, if the bin has nothing to bite down on, they can't get out. That means as long as it's fairly flat they'll have a fairly tough time. They'd need to relly on their front claws to scrape enough material off to start taking bites out. Once they can bite, it's as good as a 1' hole for them.

From the picture the can looks like it has lumps on the inside for stiffness. Good place to chew.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:00 PM   #67
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

the truth is out now slang! you've been busted training Spartacus for the "Extreem Mighty Mouse Special Olympics"

i put a twenty on the trap!
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #68
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The helmet is part of his flight training, right, Slang? And the trap is to see if he is smart enough to work the controls on the spacecraft?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #69
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Hmm anyone have a link to the movie of a mouse getting catapulted by a mouse trap when it stepped on the wrong side of the trap?
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:37 AM   #70
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quick update:

2 small. 2 large mice..........dead.

Cracker Jack bags have since been silent through the night.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:40 AM   #71
Elspode

Dude...you can't just tell us "mice are dead", and not give details.

Did the neighbors notice the gunshots?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #72
Griff
still says videotape

In slang country the neighbors get suspicious when there aren't any gunshots. If nobodies shootin' something untoward must be going on.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #73
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Ok, here's the scoop.

I finally had enough of the bullshit and set the traps. They worked great. I put some pnut butter on a Dorito and set it on the trigger of the trap.

so then I caught 4 of them. One died from his injuries and one other one was a slow mover from getting the trap across the head.

After about a week there were no more customers, so I decided to kill the inmates. I wanted to gas the little bastards but my friend said that if I did then the animals that might like to eat the mice would get sick. Ok, so what would you suggest? Let them freeze to death then leave them out in the yard. I bet they arent in the yard more than a few hours.

He was right. So now they're gone and there arent any rattling bags or little mouse poops or tracks. That makes me happy.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #74
Elspode

At one of my previous jobs, the boss was totally enchanted by alternative mouse-ridding technology. My favorite was a plastic ramp which you were supposed to hang off of the edge of a wastebasket. The ramp ran to the floor. At the top of the ramp was a flexible "diving board" type thing upon which you'd put the bait. When the mousey type victim ventured out onto the flexible piece, it would fall into the wastebasket.

We never really asked what happened to the mice that fell in, although we were led to believe it worked as a trap. Then, one day, one of the office staff comes in the front door with an odd look on his face, saying "What's the deal with the frozen blue mice out on the lawn?"

Seems that our shop foreman had come in early and found his wastebasket filled with four mice courtesy of the boss's trap. He didn't want them in there, so he reasoned, like Slang, that it was cold enough outside that they wouldn't last long, and they didn't.

He didn't really have a good explanation for why he had spray painted them blue beforehand, though.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:52 PM   #75
Slartibartfast
|-0-| <-0-> |-0-|

Those weren't mice, they were SMURFS!
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote