The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Male facial hair - what's your preference...?
I'm a smooth bastard - it's electric for me - I just love the hum and buzz of hair removal 7 26.92%
I'm a wet man - nothing to beat dragging a blunted strip of metal across your face on a daily basis 16 61.54%
None of those ponsy things for me - when my facial hair starts to irritate a pull it out in bunches 0 0%
Let it grow, man, let it grow.... 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #16
monster
I hear them call the tide

I use a twin blade disposables with no lube strip. Don't care what brand, just hate the strip. Used to use swivel-head ones, but haven't been able to find them over here. Dry shave
Old 06-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
are there really women out there who use electric shavers?
Mrs. Dallas does.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Gel shave cream in the shower with a 3 blade Mach ,
Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #19
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Interesting revelations so far.

This shave and shower situation seems quite prevalent - but what about the environment lads? - think of the increase in your carbon footprint staying in the shower all that extra time!

Gillette's advertising seems to have paid off remarkably well, as well (and how many of you are picturing yourselves looking all six pack and chisel-featured while you're sliding those 3 little blades across the visage?).

AS for the ladies, Well, Ihope we're talking about shaving those areas ladies like to shave - Ms CF has one of those strange-shaped little green razors to take care of the legs (not sure if she uses that or something else for the armpits - I tend to take cover when she starts swishing that little thing around with gusto!

No facial hair rippers yet, but a couple of hirsute dwellers have made their mark, I see. And you're generally all being quite polite about your differences, as well - what a tolerant bunch of blade-wielders we all are...
Old 06-19-2007, 03:25 AM   #20
NoBoxes

[MONTY]And Now For Something Completely Different[/PYTHON]

Being adept at doing surgical preps, I have in the past used a straight razor from the minor surgery kit in my trauma bag for shaving in the field.

Nowadays, in the outer pouch of a gas mask carrier, I keep a heavy duty gyroscope [single head, rotary blade] shaver that requires just pulling a cord to dry shave under most conditions that a gas mask would be used (the mask isn't effective if facial hair breaks its seal against the skin).

At home, I'm still using an old Atra Plus with shaving gel in the shower.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 AM   #21
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBoxes View Post
Being adept at doing surgical preps, I have in the past used a straight razor from the minor surgery kit in my trauma bag for shaving in the field.

Nowadays, in the outer pouch of a gas mask carrier, I keep a heavy duty gyroscope [single head, rotary blade] shaver that requires just pulling a cord to dry shave under most conditions that a gas mask would be used (the mask isn't effective if facial hair breaks its seal against the skin).

At home, I'm still using an old Atra Plus with shaving gel in the shower.
Blimey NB, I hadn't banked on a clockwork razor! - seems I should have created another Poll option - 'None of the above' - hope you don't get the same effect on your face, as my lawn mower creates on the grass when it hits a tough patch and slows down...
Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 AM   #22
NoBoxes

Old 06-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #23
Rexmons
- Kavkaz United -

i shave my head and my face at the same time, once a week with clippers. if i have to shave for a meeting or something before the week is up i usually dry shave with the razor in my car (mach 3). the first few times it burned like hell but now im used to it.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #24
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance View Post
Gillette's advertising seems to have paid off remarkably well, as well (and how many of you are picturing yourselves looking all six pack and chisel-featured while you're sliding those 3 little blades across the visage?).
I sure as hell don't -- I hate shaving and I detest Gillette's marketing campaign just as much as I despise every one of their wacky new products that attempts to make the chore of removing facial hair require $10 blades that vibrate, ooze, rotate, or glide on springs. Shaving with a blade does not require an AAA battery.

...but you have to give them credit. They did get their marketing right with a gimmick in WWII that they extended some years back. Remember that Gillette distributed razors to every US soldier in the 1940s? Today, it goes beyond that as every male in the US finds two things in their mailbox when they turn 18 years old: a "happy birthday" card from Uncle Sam (a Selective Service registration card) and another from Gillette with a free razor and two blades. Genius.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #25
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Beest is bearded, but tidies it up a little with one of those three-blade jobbies and shaving gel after the shower.
So that's options 2 and 4, plus using an electric trimmer once a week so 1 also. :p

Dad started wearing a beard when working for Players and winninga competition to look like the Navy Cut Man.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Hey Beest - always good to hear from you!
We're waiting your appearance in the Dwellars NSFW thread you know....
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #27
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Hey Beest - always good to hear from you!
We're waiting your appearance in the Dwellars NSFW thread you know....
SG -- you're a tireless recruiter.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah he's Monster's hubbie - I know I can get away with it
Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #29
be-bop
Operations Operative

Can anyone remind me what shaving is like?, my chin ain't seen the light of day since around 1979/1980
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #30
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by be-bop View Post
Can anyone remind me what shaving is like?, my chin ain't seen the light of day since around 1979/1980
It's that quality time of day when you can enjoy the solitudinous perfection of your own company, when the silky slide of blade across face is the perfect background to your innermost thoughts and contemplations...

That is until you experience the pandemonium of a previously unseen and now lacerated pimple which refuses to cease bleeding for what seems an interminable half-hour!