The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #2941
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Yeah. He'll never make much of a fiddle player now though.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #2942
Getgo
Coronation Incarnate

/posts
Getgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #2943
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh Ali that's horrible!
Your poor Dad.

I wonder if he will get phantom itches in his missing tips?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #2944
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Aliantha, my sympathies to your Dad.

That voice "I shouldn't do this" I've heard that voice and it sometimes speaks up in time... sometimes not.

I watched my Dad shorten his left thumb with a hand saw during some home construction. My eyes bugged out of my head like in the cartoons, but I don't remember even a curse coming from him. He did tell me to go get a towel. Yeah... stoic.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #2945
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Right. Listening to Danny Baker on BBCiPlayer. His show from this morning.

Diz woke me up early early early. Well before Danny Baker.
Established lock-in procedures (shut my bedroom door and put some food down for him)
Let the Mia cat into the house. Opened the blinds and switched the kitchen light on so that the neighbours don't think the 'rents are filthy degenerates for sleeping after 05.45
Back to my room to share lock-in.

Woke up again when the 'rents got up, switched the radio on, read a bit and drifted again.
Diz puked.
I was sleepy.
I cleaned up.
Happened again. Ditto.
Yes, I am worried.

I am now able to understand that I drifted back into awake when the interview started. All I remember was a man talking about changing his life and how he was writing or involved in opera. "Alex James [Blur]" said my sleepy mind. I waded in and out of the shallows of the interview and heard nothing to contradict my assumption.

Drugs, public adoration, leaving that behind, making up with the band, new life...
I couldn't remember Alex James being all that outspoken but I wasn't obsessive about Blur, I just liked them.

Sleep, Diz, wipe up, sleep, Dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No.
It was Boy George.

Danny Baker called him by name (George O'Dowd) towards the end of the interview and it was like an electrical current passing through me. WHAT? Of course I hadn't been listening to it. And I'd have sleepily enjoyed an interview with either man. But it was just a jolt to the system to realise I'd drowsed through so many key points. No wonder he never talked about pig-farming.

If I'd been drinking I would call it partial blackout.
Sleep is a powerful drug.
Never introduce me as a witness in a trial.

Good job I'm only in charge of a cat. Even a sicky one.

ETA OMG - this would have been the whole post had I known it at the beginning. In the interview Boy George said he went for lunch at the Pelton Arms in Greenwich the other week. I worked there! Dani drank there! I don't mean it in a celebrity connection way, only in a bizarre coincidence way. Shows how knacked I was. Someone on the radio says the name of a previous workplace and somewhere I actually lived and it didn't even stir me out of torpor.

Last edited by Sundae; 04-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #2946
monster
I hear them call the tide

I have finished my homework. But I needed to be in bed 1 minute ago in order to be ready for tomorrow. how do these kids do it?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #2947
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Diz is still sicking up beebles, but keeping down other food.
From tomorrow morning feeding him cooked chicken as an experiment. Sainsbury's Basics chicken that is.
He'll love that; the only issue will be how quick he scarfs it down - if he throws it up, will it be because of a stomach problem or because he's bolted it?

Anyway, trying chicken because that's what the vet suggested for Mia.
She's not sick in the same way as Diz (that would set off massive alarm bells) but is slow, lethargic, uninterested in food. Vet thinks it might be liver failure, but she is 17 and Diz is 6. And she's not barfing.

He threw up on the windowsill today. Nice.
Well, not too bad, it's the first time out of my room and the first time I've had anyone else clean it up. Mum told me to take him out into the garden and she would deal with it. Okay! It doesn't gross me out as it just looks like beeble soup, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Oh, Mia's checkup, so the vet could say he wasn't sure, was £71.
She#s had antibiotics, a stick up her bum and a course of tablets. She goes back on Thursday for blood tests (no doubt another £70+)
So some bland chicken breakfasts for Diz are cheap by comparison.
I will strangulate him if it turns out to be the food though. We're halfway through a 4kg bag, with another to go.

Which reminds me - had a very grummpy old giffer deliver my latest zooplus order.
"What have you got in here? Weighs a ton!" he gasped as he dragged the box down the path.
"Oh that's my new anvil" I quipped.
He wasn't amused.

Perhaps because Mum appeared and told him off for knocking on the glass door instead of ringing the bell. Everyone makes that mistake because it's covered with tape. This embarasses Mum, so she takes it out on aging delivery men who have just dragged 30 litres of cat litter down the path
Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #2948
monster

ctrl + scroll is my friend. Now if only I could make it work on my text book......
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #2949
monster

The Deli counter worker and I have differing views of thin-sliced. Shoulda checked..... but she made such a point of asking.....
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #2950
Aliantha

thin sliced vs shaved?

There are important distinctions here.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #2951
monster

this stuff is like half an inch thick.....
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #2952
Aliantha

I don't really know if I'm happy or sad about this, but I'm still losing weight. At the rate I'm going, with the additional 10kg or so that I'll lose when I give birth, I'll be at my goal weight (or within about 5 - 10kg) by the time the baby is born.

I am concerned the baby might not be getting all the nutrition it needs, but it seems to be moving about and being quite comfortable, so the doc says not to worry too much.

The problem is, I haven't lost weight from healthy eating and exercise. I'm losing it simply because I'm lucky if I can keep one meal down each day. Lunch is about the only meal that stays down. If I have anything besides liquid and maybe a small piece of fruit in the morning I throw up. If I eat dinner, no matter what it is, I throw up about 80% of the time.

I think after writing this, it should have been the sad thread.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #2953
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I am concerned the baby might not be getting all the nutrition it needs, but it seems to be moving about and being quite comfortable, so the doc says not to worry too much
Doc is right. Whatever you believe, your body is catholic -baby over mother! In the main, you will suffer malnutrition befor the baby does.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #2954
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Carrot had a really busy day today. Off to Hebbers to walk with Merlot and Lucky. Splahing in the river etc. Then playing at the Js' house.

Got back at 9:30. He went into a deep sleep and started waking up around 10:30.

Tried to get him to go for a wee....wont. Goes outside and just sits down. Wont go on the pad either. Been trying to get him to on and off, thinking it's not good to lock him in for the night when his last wee was before 9pm.

Cept now we're at 1am. He still hasnt. I am now going to bed late and he'll be wanting out of the crate at silly o'clock in the morning.

Wtf didnt I just shut up shop at 10 o'clock and grab the early night whilst it was on offer?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #2955
Aliantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Doc is right. Whatever you believe, your body is catholic -baby over mother! In the main, you will suffer malnutrition befor the baby does.
yes. Parasite is the word that comes to mind.

Tags
dum, oh the whorror