The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > The Sycamore Manifestos

The Sycamore Manifestos Random Acts of Senseless Coherence [Blog view]

Old 01-28-2003, 08:27 PM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sycamore's Morning News Drama

Since moving to Philadelphia over 2 years ago, I have had a pretty standard morning routine. When I first wake up, the first two things I do are put on my glasses, then turn on NBC10 to watch the morning news.

Though the line-up has changed slightly during this time, it has been fairly constant for almost a year now: anchors Steve Levy and Tiffany McElroy, Bill Henley with weather, Amber Rupinta with traffic. Tiffany and Amber...easy on and pleasant to the morning eyes. They balance out Steve Levy's hokeyness and Bill Henley's ridiculous morning chipperness.

Apparently though, the two ladies have moved on. I've seen them do general assignment pieces over the past couple of weeks, but have not seem them on the morning news. Instead, they have been replaced by two rather ugly women. And it's not just that they're ugly...they just don't sound overly pleasant either. They irritate me so much, that I might start watching CBS-3 if this is permanent.

How dare they scar my eyes so early in the morning! Philadelphia women look rough enough as it is, but now you're putting 'em on TV? Jesus Christ! What the hell is wrong with Channel 10? I'm calling Chris Blackman...this is just wrong!!!

Please...let this just be a temporary thing. At least I still have Renee Chenault-Fattah to look at in the evening.