The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Wuz tryin to be funny. Fail.

(wuz refer to ronald dahl story 'Lamb to the Slaughter') stoopit of me.
You made me laugh.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #47
Estron
Recruit or Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
In 2009 we will get a noob who will rock the whole board and set established Dwellars at each other's throats.
I'm not a 2009 noob, but a late 2008 noob (recruited by Elspode) who hasn't really gotten out of lurk-first mode.

I could try to think of something really provocative to say -- give me a few months.
Estron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #48
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i predict that a little less than half of the people you meet will be above average.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:35 AM   #49
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well hello Estron. Nice to meet you
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #50
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Cellar Predictions (concerning "Regular" Dwellars) :

one dwellar will get pregnant, three will impregnante someone, one of those four will be under 20 and not so happy about it initially, and one will be a "later in life surprise" for a couple in their late 30s or 40s. Or maybe even 50s Three dwellars will welcome new grandchildren. 6 dogs will be adopted by dwellars, and one dwellar will acquire a very unusual pet.

One dwellar will get their 15 minutes of fame on TV, one will feature in a local newspaper and two will be mentioned on the radio, although it's possible that one of those will be making a request on a local country station.

Two dwellars will storm off in major hissy fits, one will be a dwellar of old who will return, and one will be a noob who becomes a regular and then decides that LJ hurts their feelings and is a bully.

Radar, Sundae Girl, Undertoad, Ducksnuts and three others will get an important new job

Urbane Gorilla () will not post a pic of himself, but a female dwellar who has resisted vociferously so far will post a VNSFW pic of themselves.

Three pairs of dwellars will meet IRL, one meeting will be awkward and there will be noticeable repercussions on the board.

46 screens will get sprayed with coffee; UT will add a SCF smiley.

Clodfobble, Griff and Undertoad will publically lose patience with another dwellar (not all with the same dwellar)

labrat and HLJ will both get an early hattrick in the 2009 Hall of Fame, but both Shawnees and another, male, poster will dominate that thread

4 dwellars will suffer from self inflicted knife wounds, one will break a limb and piles will be an unwelcome arrival in the lives of two dwellars who have never previously suffered from them before.

One Dwellar -maybe a new one, the ball is getting a little cloudy here.... will post a picture of their (clean) arsehole in the RFN NSFW thread. it will be removed and debate will ensue....

One dwellar will lose an incredible amount of weight and post awe-inspiring before and after pics. One dwellar will get plastic surgery and will not be happy with the outcome. the good news is, after posting pics on the cellar, the resulting discussion will lead to them changing their mind about what they actually wanted in the first place and then being very happy with the result. Five dwellars will have suspect moles removed and one for cosmetic reasons only, four will be benign, but not the cosmetic one. all outcomes will be good in the end, although two dwellars will be unhappy with the scarring.

Two dwellars will spend a little time in the nuthouse. The ball is unclear as to whether one of those is wolf.

Two teetotal dwellars will fall off the wagon, two drinkers will give up.

The Abortion debate will be big this year. Also the Political Correctness /Racism debate. there will be less interest in threads about American Soldiers overseas and word association.

Equipment/Power failure outside of UT's control will take the cellar down for at least 24 hours. there is an 85% chance that Radar's subsequent comments will lead to his finally being banned. The tip jar will overflow this month.
I would appreciate it if you put some thought into the thread discussion next time.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #51
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Are there two Shawnees?

Now I'm frightened.

And 2009 is here.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #52
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There are at least 123 Shawnees.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #53
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I doubt the world could handle two of me.

lol 123...reminds me of that bit about "the second to the last of the Mohicans."

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #54
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Happy New Year!!! Hey everybody!!! Get over your stupid hangover!! Have a happy happy!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Cellar Predictions (concerning "Regular" Dwellars) :
Radar, Sundae Girl, Undertoad, Ducksnuts and three others will get an important new job
Quote:
One dwellar will lose an incredible amount of weight and post awe-inspiring before and after pics. One dwellar will get plastic surgery and will not be happy with the outcome. the good news is, after posting pics on the cellar, the resulting discussion will lead to them changing their mind about what they actually wanted in the first place and then being very happy with the result.
Me, me, me!!!!
Quote:
Two dwellars will spend a little time in the nuthouse. The ball is unclear as to whether one of those is wolf.
Me, me me
Quote:
Two teetotal dwellars will fall off the wagon, two drinkers will give up.
Me. Bolding - I hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Is this the "goes without saying thread"?
Quote:
look, Mystic Meg throws in a good deal of the obvious too -makes you believe all the other crap.
Babba? I get it. Dani will too. It's what I did.
Made me smile anyway.
I'd offer to send you $10 for every correct prediction, but you'd only tell me off
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #56
sugarpop
Professor

I predict the world will explode and be replaced with an exact replica, in the precise moment of enlightenment. So all will go on as normal, and no one will will ever know... except the crazy girl in room 1406, who is actually sane, but because everyone else on the planet is ignorant and missed enlightenment, then she gets branded. go figure. We should all drink the water.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #57
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

meg's got nuttin on Monster!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #58
monster
I hear them call the tide

Is Mystic Meg still going? I haven't been back for over 6 years and I'm not sure I even watched the lottery then...
Old 01-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #59
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I doubt the world could handle two of me.

lol 123...reminds me of that bit about "the second to the last of the Mohicans."

Happy New Year!
I could handle three of you. but not 123 of you. That would be greedy of me.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #60
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Is Mystic Meg still going? I haven't been back for over 6 years and I'm not sure I even watched the lottery then...
She's still in the News of the World and I would assume the Sun - I used to read the pub's copy of NOTW every Sunday.

She hasn't been on the Lottery in years though. They have guest presenters and singers and all kinds of hoo ha on there now. The regular host is an ex Blue Peter presenter. Clean cut and handsome the way they tend to be (Richard Bacon being the exception that proved the rule).
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote