The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 06-11-2003, 10:36 AM   #106
warch
lurkin old school

Interesting Billy. I was wondering about AIDs. Is there education to curb the sexual spread? Does the government or health organizations promote preventative actions? Is this a concern in the general public?

Quote:
In China the people like contributing money to temples rather than children education, curing...
Do the temples or religious organizations ever support heath or education services with the contributed money? What do they do with the donations?

It seems to me that eastern medicine is slowly getting more consideration here. In our county medical center there is a department of alternative medicine, like accupuncture, accupressure, herb therapy, some homeopathy (I think) that can be accessed and covered by health insurance. I have no personal experience with any of those treatments, but a friend has been receiving accupuncture for some ailments and feels that it is working for her.
I hope you continue to feel healthy.

Necromancy- I'm thinking you mean spiritual or faith healing practice. yes?
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #107
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

My mother was born in 1919 with both hips out of socket and one leg 4 in shorter than the other. The Doctors said she would never walk. Well she did and had 2 children plus me, the demon seed. She was always one of the mothers on class trips plus a scout and 4-H leader.
At 42 she became an LPN and worked in a hospital until she retired at 65. Now she's having a lot of pain from her knees (along with everything else) and the Medicare Doctors don't want to do anything because of her age and history.
Last fall, out of desperation, she tried acupuncture, paying out of her own pocket because Medicare won't pay. IT WORKED. She was more surprised than anyone else. Not cured, but did kill the debilitating pain. The usual day to day pain she's lived with for 82 years and can cope with.
I'm sure it's not the power of suggestion or psychological because she is rational, deductive and the worlds biggest sceptic.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:10 PM   #108
Billy
Professor

Necromancy=sorcery

I want to say that koradjis use of supernatural power over others through the assistance of spirits; witchcraft. I told you a real story happened to my brother. The doctor told him that he had the pneumonia for a long time. He spent much money to cure the pneumonia and hard breathe. But he still did not feel better. One day he go to see one koradji. The koradji told him that the hang man ghost lived in his body. My brother fired one paper man to replace his life for hang man. My brother recover well soon. He went to check to find that he had no pneumonia after the firing paper man. It is very stange and surprise for us. So my families except me all believe the sorcery. I don't believe that but it cured my brother. The doctor can not explain this problem. Whatever they do, I hope my families have a happy and good lifes.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 11:52 PM   #109
Billy
Professor

Concern AIDS

The media reported the big problem so the public and government began to concern this problem. The public started to use safe sex ways with condoms. The governmant and health organziations educate people to prevent infections. Now the public concern and help the AIDS infected people. In some area the people have no knowledge about AIDS. They may spread this disease to others because they don't realize the dangers.

The temple would use the donations to modify their temple. The famous temple are more beautiful than some schools. I like that the Christianism use the donations to support poor people.

Necromancy: some ways are very strange, as they grasp ghost in one bottle. I don't know more about their magic.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:54 PM   #110
Billy
Professor

China acupuncture

This way dated from 4000 years ago. Our ancestors started use this way to cure. In fact, the doctors know more about human being's nerve system. They use needle to stimulate nerver to cure disease. Maybe can not completely cure well, but at least the patients can reduce pain.

In folk we use naprapathy to cure fracture diseases. The doctors are familiar with human's arthrosis. When I was young, I had several times naprapathy. I think it is better than the western cure way to cure this disease.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #111
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I like that the Christianism use the donations to support poor people.
Some of the donations, only some.
Quote:
My brother fired one paper man to replace his life for hang man.
Do you mean he burned a paper cutout or drawing of a man?
Quote:
naprapathy to cure fracture diseases.
Broken bones? Is naprapathy what we call acupunture?
Old 06-13-2003, 10:10 PM   #112
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

Christian Evangelism

I've heard alot of stories of how Christians, If cought practicing faith, would be tortured and killed for their beliefs, especially missionaries.
Have you heard these stories? What is your opinion of the Christian Faith? and do You think that the opinon of the Chinese Government will ever change?
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 02:26 AM   #113
Billy
Professor

Burned one cutout paper man

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

Broken bones? Is naprapathy what we call acupunture?
Broken bones can not use this way. Naprapathy & acupunture are different ways.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:56 AM   #114
Billy
Professor

Not believe all Christian Evangelism

Quote:
Originally posted by Bitmap
Have you heard these stories? What is your opinion of the Christian Faith? and do You think that the opinon of the Chinese Government will ever change?
China FaLong Gun have the same faith as you say. I heard that the dream would be real if you have faith. I think Christian caritas is good. I don't what faith is.

I think the China government change many opinons with time because the world changes. Every one and thing change. I think the government still hope to build one strong and rich country.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:19 AM   #115
Billy
Professor

I will go home town to see my families

After three days' hard and tired work I have some free days to go home. Maybe I not come here in 5 days.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:23 AM   #116
warch
lurkin old school

Have a nice visit and eat some good home cooking!
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #117
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

Faith is something that you Know is true, but you have no proof that it exists, or proof that it will happen.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 04:16 PM   #118
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Damn! 3 days work...5 days off? That's good duty, Billy. Say hello to your family from the Cellar.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:48 PM   #119
pjshimmer
Keeper of the Decorum

Questions for YOU

Okay, you guys have bugged the gentleman from China for long enough. Now I, as a Chinese (I'm sure Sycamore can verify this), have some questions for you fellas. Don't mind me askin', but I've always been curious:

-How do you guys manage to eat all kinds of food (like pork, rice, and sandwich) without making any sound? I chew with my teeth, and one can always hear me chewing. I have to try really hard to hide the noise. Do you guys chew with your teeth at all?

-Do people generally spend most of their earnings, all of it, over all of it with credit card/loan, or save most of it? In China, it used to be that people generally saved most of their earnings, despite how little they were making. It was tradition to not "waste" any money. I think most people have gotten past this, since the new generation has enjoyed more comfort.

-Do people go see doctor/medical professional whenever they feel uncomfortable, or only when there's something serious? I usually avoid doctors unless there's something serious.

-.... actually, that's all I can think of for now

Enjoy this photo from my childhood, which Sycamore did the honor of scanning like 6 years ago :p

pjshimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #120
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder if useing Syc for a reference is the best way to establish your validity?
Quote:
one can always hear me chewing. I have to try really hard to hide the noise. Do you guys chew with your teeth at all?
Sure, with whatever teeth you have. Everyone can hear themselves chew. Do other people hear you chew?
Quote:
It was tradition to not "waste" any money.
You can't really "waste" money because it's yours to do what you want with it. You choose where it goes and you reap the benefits or suffer the consequences. Of course if you have dependents, that's another matter. Remember love and money are not for keeping.
Quote:
Do people go see doctor/medical professional whenever they feel uncomfortable, or only when there's something serious?
I think that depends on the level of medical coverage you have. Most people self diagnose to some degree. If I think I know what the cause is and I don't think it's going to get worse, I tough it out. Every one has different tolerance levels and resources.