The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 01:53 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Looks like a pretty good ride.
Old 04-23-2001, 02:27 PM   #2
divide
Kinda New Member

i believe that the picture was of vallyfair in minnesota during a large mississippi flood in the mid 90's.
The coaster located in the photograph is called excalibur.
My friend actualy got the cars stuck on the top of the hill when here worked there.

worthless knowledge, i know
Old 05-21-2001, 02:24 AM   #3
Rendus
Kinda New Member

It is, indeed, Excalibur. I went there every year when I lived in Minnesota. And every time I went, without fail, the Excalibur would get stuck at least once. I guess the tow chain didn't go up as high as it should or something, but it was very unreliable from what I remember.

But it was one EXTREMELY fun amusement park If you look towards the top left corner, you can also see one of the stations for a train they had surrounding the park submerged, as well as some track. The big building in the top right hand corner is, I think, one of those 360 degree movie theaters (forget the name off the top of my head). The white slides are part of the waterpark portion of Valleyfair.
Old 05-21-2001, 11:54 AM   #4
lisa
Etherial

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Rendus
But it was one EXTREMELY fun amusement park
It still is.... Now (about three years ago when I visited there) they have "Wild Thing," a VERY cool coaster... quite fast and quite a long ride.

And, for the kids, there's a miniature version that looks a LOT like "Wild Thing" called "Mild Thing". Seriously...
I thought it was quite a cute idea.

And having their water park as PART of the park, accessable without an additional ticket/cost, is a wonderful ideas that I wish more places would duplicate.
Closed Thread