The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

3/2/2006: Giraffe Manor

At the risk of getting too animal heavy; this one could be used tomorrow but what the hey? Axlrosen suggests this item which was also Boing Boinged. It's the luxury hotel Giraffe Manor, where the giraffes come right in during your meal.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad

At the risk of getting too animal heavy; this one could be used tomorrow but what the hey? Axlrosen suggests this item which was also Boing Boinged. It's the luxury hotel Giraffe Manor, where the giraffes come right in during your meal.
this is very interesting. I always thought it was 'what the HAY.'
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I thought giraffe's were kinda drool-heavy? I'm pretty sure AnimalPlanet told me so. I mean, i like giraffe's and all, but, I don't know if I'd want to have dinner with one.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Leah
Love my Heffalumps

I've seen that on a travel show, looks wonderfu, what a pretty place. I would love to stay there and have dinner/breakfast with the giraffes, but I would also like some elephants around to play with. Where I stay in Thailand Chiang Mai we eat with all the elephants around us, trunks can reach an awful long way when they want the food on your plate .
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Will elephants eat meat?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Very interesting. I always wanted to touch one of those antennae thingies on their heads.

But at around $600.00, I'll opt to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and hit the Zoo after lunch.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I've also heard that giraffes are super stinky. Some kind of special musk that other giraffes are just mad for. I can't stand the smell of a doe's legs, I'll pass on the giraffe.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
Cerdded
Layperson

That's something thats always kept me awake nights,wondering what a Doe's legs smell like.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
sandypossum
tri-continental dag hag

I've been to that place - not in the hotel, but in the grounds as a day visitor. They have a tall round viewing hut - you stand on the circular veranda on top floor, and the giraffes can wander over and say hi at your level. They sell bags of special pellets that you can feed to the giraffes, and when the giraffes seeyou have one of these bags they stretch their long tongues (up to 50cm long!) out to you to ask for them. One of the keepers said "you want to kiss giraffe?" I said "huh?" and he demonstrated by holding one of the pellets between the lips. The giraffe tongued it out of there! Hmmm...

But footsie, giraffe's don't stink, at least not more than the average cow. Perhaps the doe you were sniffing just had bad personal hygiene? Or do you sniff a lot of doe's legs? Oh deer.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #10
Brett's Honey
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
I've seen that on a travel show, looks wonderfu, what a pretty place. I would love to stay there and have dinner/breakfast with the giraffes, but I would also like some elephants around to play with. Where I stay in Thailand Chiang Mai we eat with all the elephants around us, trunks can reach an awful long way when they want the food on your plate .
I saw that show too. It sounded like breakfast was the only meal the giraffes routinely stuck their heads in and joined in. Being busy, it was kinda their daily "morning alone time" with them....
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #11
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerdded
That's something thats always kept me awake nights,wondering what a Doe's legs smell like.
They're a lot easier to smell than moth balls...