The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #76
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

yeah tripod sucks arse
Old 05-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #77
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

I want a high-gravity beer!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #78
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Here you are:

Pangloss62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #79
Linus
Hey look at me!

its great to be new... people dont know your past...they dont know about your skeletons...or that you even have a walkin closet, with a view.

you can create a new persona... thats not really who you are. its great to be new. Fantastic even.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #80
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus
you can create a new persona...
You can pretend to. But you're still who you always were.

Some folks shed their skins frequently to avoid the bad reps they keep accumulating, though.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #81
Linus
Hey look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
You can pretend to. But you're still who you always were.

Some folks shed their skins frequently to avoid the bad reps they keep accumulating, though.

Touche...

But if you, like me, have multiple personalities and your inner child is a runaway... it makes it that much more plausible.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #82
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
...[snip] , and enjoy being single. [snip]
[paraphrase=Stevebsjb] But I know I won't meet anyone sitting here in my apt playing games [/paraphrase]

Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #83
Pangloss62
Lecturer

It's the best of all possible worlds.

I LOVE being single! When I think back to all the times I was part of "couple," I have to admit that I often would think about how much I wanted to be single. Sex is good, companionship is nicel, no doubt, but there is more to life than that. Whatever happens happens. I'm content with friends, things to do, my job (I'm lucky in that regard). Hey limey! If you're not happy with yourself (as a single), you'll never be happy as part of a couple. I'll admit, however, that "The grass is always greener on the other side." I too wonder if things would be "better" if I were part of a couple; but I see so many couples that look soooooooo bored with each other. They begin to see arguments and petty shit as positive attributes of their relationship. You're better off single (untill you explode!!).
Old 05-07-2006, 05:18 AM   #84
Hagar
Master of the Domain

G'day all,

Hagar, 32, Male, Sales rep, engaged, from Brisbane, Australia. For the most part, wholly unremarkable!

The handle's an old nickname, 'cause I used to be horrible to the guys I worked for. I've even got the hat to prove it.

Interested in just about everything, but particularly old English cars.

This place seems to be about my speed, mostly because the topics appeal and don't all end in garbled l337 bollocks.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:28 AM   #85
billybob
pseudointellectual antipodean omnivore

Greeting from across the pond, Hagar. Right now I'd rather talk about Brit cars than League....any particular era/marques?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #86
Hagar
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob
Greeting from across the pond, Hagar. Right now I'd rather talk about Brit cars than League....any particular era/marques?
Morris Minors at the moment. I'm restoring a 1958 Model. I've previously done a late 50's Land Rover, 1970 Cortina and mucked about with Austin 1800s.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #87
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

What's with all the new Aussies? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I LOVE the Aussies (they're so good at playing knifey-spoony.) Just, you know, how'd we get so many of them so quick? Or, does it just seem that way?

Hullo to all of you, new and old.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #88
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar
Morris Minors at the moment. I'm restoring a 1958 Model. I've previously done a late 50's Land Rover, 1970 Cortina and mucked about with Austin 1800s.
That was looking interesting until you mentioned the Austin 1800s....
Old 05-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #89
romuh doog
A person with no friends is a. lonely b. friendless c.smelly

Hello and thank you for the warm reception!

I found the cellar by Googling for an odd picture of (I can't remember, but sure I found something even more odd here then got stuck in cyber time) and lurked for a few months. The good humor and tat-a-tat amongst board members left me laughing more than a few times. Seems that it's a very diverse group which makes for interesting reading. I thank you all.

I'm a 40 year old single Mom, seven years engaged to a wonderful man. I left the stress of high management to pursue a career in the fuel industry. Unbeknown to me that means fueling big yellow construction thingys. Currently I'm fueling/operating heavy equipment and gaining knowledge in infrastructure. I'm an artist, I like animals and this is starting to sound like it should end with I like long walks in the rain --do you like Pina Coladas?

I enjoy good humor.....hence the name. Sounded Irish after I wrote it, and well occasionally I belive we all have a leprechaun or two in our midst.

Enjoy the day, thanks again for the reception.
Romuh Doog

*Barnum hired clowns....our company got the clown college dropouts.
romuh doog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #90
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
What's with all the new Aussies? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I LOVE the Aussies (they're so good at playing knifey-spoony.) Just, you know, how'd we get so many of them so quick? Or, does it just seem that way?
Kagen sent the word out via Bush Telegram, so, it looks like its heading up the North East Coast, then it will prolly go across the top end.

Should be a steady influx for a good few months.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote