The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #31
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Hey with these carts, do they come with a seat, or do you have to stand all day?
I hope I'm so busy I don't have a chance to sit down. But I imagine I could bring a folding chair or stool for slow times. They key is to hit lunch rushes in industrial parks or do special events that are super packed.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #32
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I've always heard that the food trucks that hit the county fairs every summer make a killing.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #33
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I'll help you.

Though you so don't deserve it.

Logo Master.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #34
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
I've always heard that the food trucks that hit the county fairs every summer make a killing.
They do, but it's kind of a closed market in the major fairs, because the same people set up with pretty much the same vendors every year. You have to break in to that one. I learned this from a cow orker who was in catering.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #35
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Will you be making a donation to the tip jar in lieu of payment to the designer, Radar?
I don't have a job man. If I did, I'd hire a designer.

I will donate dogs to anyone from the Cellar who visits, and if the business takes off, I'll pay 1 full month of costs for the site.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #36
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
They do, but it's kind of a closed market in the major fairs, because the same people set up with pretty much the same vendors every year. You have to break in to that one. I learned this from a cow orker who was in catering.

I recall hearing that as well. Surely radar doesn't want to be on the road like that anyway, but I would imagine the profit with low overhead would be similar.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #37
Shawnee123

Oh, and now I'm craving elephant ears, sugar waffles, those weird taco thingies, and fresh cut skin-on fries in a cup.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #38
monster
I hear them call the tide

What about costs for taxes, insurance, wastage, (healthcare)? Kickbacks to the local plods, and licences you may need?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #39
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I was thinking about the dog with horns on it. It made me think of another good name.....

DEVIL DOGS

Florida already has a chain called Hot Dog Heaven, so Devil Dogs would be a natural competitor.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #40
Shawnee123

I like it. More hot-doggish.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #41
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
What about costs for taxes, insurance, wastage, (healthcare)? Kickbacks to the local plods, and licences you may need?

Licenses, permits etc. will cost about $300/year max.

Healthcare will be purchased from the profits. My wife and daughter will be employees and I'll deduct this from my taxes at the end of the year for however much of my income gets reported.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #42
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I like it. More hot-doggish.
It looks like it's taken....at least in Idaho.

http://www.devildoghotdogs.com
Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #43
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I don't have a job man. If I did, I'd hire a designer.

I will donate dogs to anyone from the Cellar who visits, and if the business takes off, I'll pay 1 full month of costs for the site.
It doesn't have to be a huge amount -no-one will know how much. But all we know right now is that you refuse to hot the tipjar on principle, and yet you feel entitled to ask the comminity you refuse to support for help. I'm not saying you shouldn't get help/you don't deserve it, just that a token gesture would be nice.

You never know, if you become more a part of the community in the holistic sense, maybe you'll wake up one day to find a shiny hot dog cart in your drive, with dwellars names on little pieces of paper taped all over it! maybe.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #44
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

This is $85,800 per year.
In four years you'll be able to pay the cost of a one year permit for a spot in front of the Met. See post above
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/..._dog_du-3.html
Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #45
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
It doesn't have to be a huge amount -no-one will know how much. But all we know right now is that you refuse to hot the tipjar on principle, and yet you feel entitled to ask the comminity you refuse to support for help. I'm not saying you shouldn't get help/you don't deserve it, just that a token gesture would be nice.

You never know, if you become more a part of the community in the holistic sense, maybe you'll wake up one day to find a shiny hot dog cart in your drive, with dwellars names on little pieces of paper taped all over it! maybe.

While I doubt I'll find a shiny hot dog cart, you've talked me into making a small donation from what little money we have right now. Done. I never thought of it as supporting the community. I thought of it as paying for one guy's overpriced hosting. I can see your point so I made a small donation.

Last edited by Radar; 02-20-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote