The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I Need a New Phone and I am Conflicted ...

Okay, it's time. Not only am I past my upgrade time, but my Crackberry Bold is acting funny, not always ringing for calls, battery life issues, and the speakers aren't really beefy enough to hear well, even on top volume, so I can't really use it for hands free, etc.

So, I need a new phone.

And for the first time ever, I have no idea which one I want.

I could go for a Blackberry Torch, which would give me some touch screen, the Blackberry Keyboard, which I like, and a familiar interface.

I could go for an iPhone, although I hear the iPhone 5 is coming out in July with some significant technology upgrades, but Apple is the new Microsoft, IMHO, and represents a cool, but still evil, single-party provider.

And then there's Android ... but there are so many devices it's available on and I have no feel for which is the best one. Is Angry Birds really cool enough to justify this?

And do I go 3G or 4G?

So, this is by no means simple.

Every other time I've bought a phone I've walked into an AT&T store and said gimme (particular brand and model).

I've never had to be "sold" a phone.

Help me, please.

I've even had a long conversation with the convenience store night guy (who has an HTC Windows phone, like HTC, hates the Windows environment, says it crashes a lot).

My only real requirement is that it must run Kindle for (OS).

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote