The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #316
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Making keys ~ You're getting a tiny taste of what it's like to be a machinist or tool&die maker. The pleasure of creating something useful, or just cool looking, from a blank. Fun ain't it.

Running money orders ~ May be mindless but you can relax for a few seconds because you can do it confidently and not worry about fucking it up, like you might with the million other things you have little or no experience with.

Tilling money ~ It's amazing how recalcitrant money in the drawer can be. Depends on how worn the bill is, or maybe how much coke residue is on it. Then somebody throw a $2 bill or $1 coin at you.

You're taking to this like a duck to water, UT, good job.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #317
Griff
still says videotape

My first thought was machining as well, but woodworking does the same thing creating a little bubble reality. I actually prefer the feeling without the noise like when you're doing chisel or draw-knife work.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #318
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
chisel or draw-knife work.
Damn straight. The draw knife is my favorite tool. I just this instant realized this with your post.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #319
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Today was a bad day.

A) I had to tell a known jewelry thief that we were not taking his stuff any longer. This is a guy I bought gold in for five times in the last three weeks.

I lied and told him I didn't know why, but his account was locked, and the only boss who knows why is on vacation. He seemed obviously sad that he could not do business, and not at all ponderous about why. The cops are hot on your tail dude and this is your wake-up call. Last week they came in and already had your name and the five other places you pawn, including some places far away. Your ass should be burning red hot about now.

B) In the last half hour, a crazy racist woman came in. Entirely negative the entire time. Pitched a thorough fit that we were not giving her what she wanted for her Nintendo DSi. Threatened us with legal action. Ranted and raved for a good five minutes. Walked in and out of the store several times. Wanted to do the deal and then didn't. Made unreasonable demands at top volume. Finally when she walked in the fourth time, wanting to do the deal, the old man came out and said "TD that lady." It means Turn Down. We informed her that we were no longer interested in her DSi.

At that point her crazy fever went up to 12 for another full minute and we wondered if we would have to call the cops in order to get her to leave. Finally she walked out for good.

I really hope I can capture some of the audio of this shit. It's unbelievable.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #320
glatt

Sounds like having days off is fairly critical.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #321
TomJonze
Resident-in-Training

you can still get nickle jawns in philly of dirtball weed. in cali its 'igh grade for a nick because there is a surplus.
TomJonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #322
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Welcome to the cellar TomJonze. I've been meaning to ask, what's new, pussycat?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #323
TomJonze
Resident-in-Training

does I know you bigV? this relates to how i answer what is new. if I do then not a lot since we probably stay in touch. if not really, then a lot as I moved to San Francisco and have numerous new tattoos.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #324
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

(Tom is an old friend of mine and is hilarious)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #325
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The cops came in today and took pictures of everything that jewelry thief stole in the last two weeks. (The guy I had to turn down last week)

It was about $800 worth of stuff. I bought in at least half of it.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #326
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Are you both missing the song reference?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #327
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

whoa, whoa whoa
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #328
TomJonze
Resident-in-Training

Since you bought it in does that make you at all liable? To either the court or the shop?

I did not get the reference. My name is in reference to mixing Tom Jonze and Spike Jonze and was given unto my by a female friend. She might know Tom Jones music better than me. I just use the name as a way to be weird on the internet and not have it tied to my government (as they refer to it in the hip hop vernacular.)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #329
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No, I can bring in all the stolen jewelry I want, but we want to avoid it in many cases just because it's a ton of work for us.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #330
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Well, I know you *now*. I'm just being friendly. Y'know... we are a visual bunch here (I'll leave the funny to my betters, you're welcome) and we have picture threads of everything. Really. Pics of my food, pics of my pet. Pics of my pot, pics of my guns, pics of me (the royal we, all of us), with clothes and without. Pics of bruises. Now there's some color. But we don't have a thread about pics of tattoos! You could start one, hm? I am sorry to say I have nothing to contribute, being a needle virgin and all.

Anyhow... nice to meetcha, pics or no.