The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 12-11-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Scamming is Out of Africa...

Greetings from Isle of Man.

My name is Michael Mann. I am the Head, Audit Committee of a reputable bank here in Ramsey, Isle of Man.. I am contacting you in a non-official capacity and therefore require your utmost confidentiality.

The purpose of my writing to you is because I am searching for a foreign business partner who is in a position to assist me with an urgent business proposal, as time is not on my side. A partner, who understands what confidentiality means and who has the necessary facilities required in
embarking on this important venture.

We had a client who deposited a huge sum of money with one of our branches in Europe, who later died in a fatal car accident on November 12, 2001. The client died intestate and nominated no successor in title over the investments made with our bank. Since the death of this client, I personally have watched with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of €11,700,000.00 (Eleven Million, Seven Hundred Thousand Euros) deposited with our bank in 2000. This client shares the same surname with you. It is for this reason that I
am contacting you.

In accordance with the European Trust and Federal Laws, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, his investments with our bank shall revert to ownership of the government of the country of the said investments if nobody applies as the next of kin to claim the investments.

Since you share the same surname with this client, I want to present you to stand in as the next of kin so that you and I can benefit from this investment equally (i.e. 50% for you and 50% for me). I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect us from any breach of the law, as I will use my position to secure approvals and guarantee the successful execution of this transaction.

If this proposal is acceptable to you, kindly indicate your full names, your private telephone, fax numbers and location where the money will be remitted. I will instruct you on the next step to take.

I look forward to your earliest response.

With warm greetings,

Michael Mann
IM99 1BU Ramsey
Isle of Man
Tel/Fax: 0044-870-133-4013

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

and the UK.......

Imagine this.... You know I replied ASAP.

<div>The National Lottery<br />P O Box 1010<br />Liverpool, L70 1NL<br />UNITED KINGDOM<br />(Customer Services)</div><br /><div>Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/04<br />Batch: R3/A312-59</div><br /><div><br />{NO TICKET WAS SOLD}</div><br /><div><br />To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent;<br />PAUL SMITH MR<br /><a href="mailto:paul_smithoffice@yahoo.co.uk"><strong>paul_smithoffice@yahoo.co.uk</strong></a>&nbsp; <br />TEL; +44 703 1940 188 { 8:00am-7pm uk time}</div><br /><div><br />We happily announce to you the draw (#1016) of the UK NATIONAL <br />LOTTERY,online Sweepstakes International Program held on Sat 17th<br />September,2005,{NO TICKET WAS SOLD}</div><br /><div><br />Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 56475600545 188 with<br />Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 09-21-23-31-40-46 bonus <br />ball { 08} Bonus Ball which subsequently won the Jackpot prize.</div><br /><div><br />You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of &p
ound;108,089 {One<br />hundred and eight thousand eighty nine Pounds Sterlings) in cash<br />credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.This is from the total cash prize of<br />&pound;1,621,335 being shared among four {15}lucky winners in the category<br />MATCH 5 PLUS BONUS.</div><br /><div><br />All participants for the online version were elected randomly from the<br />World Wide Web through a computer draw system and extracted from over<br />100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed<br />online. . Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our<br />European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your<br />play coupon.</div><br /><div><br />In view of this, your &pound;108,089 {One hundred and eight thousand eighty<br />nine Pounds Sterlings)would be released to you by any of our payment<br />offices in Europe.<br />Who will direct you on how to claim your winnings</div><br /><div><br />That way your Winnings Certificate and
all other relevant<br />documents/paperwork can be prepared for you. You would be required to <br />show an instrument of identification when cashing your cheque i.e.<br />Drivers license or International passport.</div><br /><div><br />For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information<br />confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to<br />you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.</div><br /><div><br />This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and<br />unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned. Good luck from me <br />and members of staff of the U.K NATIONAL LOTTERY.</div><br /><div><br />To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent;<br />PAUL SMITH MR<br /><a href="mailto:paul_smithoffice@yahoo.co.uk"><strong>paul_smithoffice@yahoo.co.uk</strong></a>&nbsp; <br />TEL; +44 703 1940 188 { 8:00am-7pm uk time}</div><br /><div>Upon receipt of the duly requested data, I w
ill send<br />you the contact information of the payment office so you<br />can proceed with effecting the release of your claim<br />in anyway you deem fit.</div><br /><div><br />Yours faithfully,</div><br /><div>Richard K Lloyd (Mr)<br />Online coordinator for THE NATIONAL LOTTERY<br />Sweepstakes International Program.<br /></div><br />

Old 12-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I used to work with a Michael Mann. I'll have to tell him his good name is being tarnished.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Not THE Michael Mann...?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Um... I would assume not? He was just a guy. I don't know who THE Michael Mann might be... or more likely I am being dense and missing sarcasm.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

director, producer
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote