The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030602705.html
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

If you search me on Google, you'll find that I'm an Eagle Scout, a website owner and helped lead a campaign to reform politics in the City of Philadelphia. I could do worse.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:44 AM   #18
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

The joys of having a name thats the same as some 2 bit actress.

I make a habit of using different user names at different websites, whereas I used to have the same one for all the forums I posted at.

Google that name and the first 5 pages were information on me, now I google that name and I'm waaaaaay back at page 15.

I believe I am as open as I can be on here, just without giving out a heap of specific information.

I'd rather read peoples real thoughts/opinions/emotions than their full name, date of birth and address anyways.

Then again, I'm not vindictive or really that nutty, plus ADD stops me from having the inclination to search through posts to try and dig up dirt/facts on people that have pissed me off.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #19
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I mentally reviewed what I have written here when I suggested that my brother and some of my friends started posting. None of them have, but it was reassuring to realise that there isn't anything I wouldn't want them to read - I'm pretty much the same in real life as I am here.

However I may need to self-censor some when I move. For example if I decided to vent about something my lousy housemate had done which made me so mad I wanted to wallop him, I might regret it when I cooled off. It's probably better for me to look at things from both sides anyway, perhaps putting it in writing that he might read would help detach me emotionally. Not that I'm expecting any bust ups, but I don't have a great track history when it comes to sharing!

I'll also check with him before posting my exact location (apparently you can see the furniture in his backyard on Google Earth - his house is that clear) and photos of my street etc - but that's just courtesy.

As to what you could find out about me via the site - pretty much everything, but not from the outside. So a Dwellar who so chose could work out where I live until June, where I used to work and where I work now, what I look like - and at least 3 family members, even my nipple. But someone who knows me in real life wouldn't find the Cellar by looking for me - I've never used both my names together, and I have a formal name I don't think I've ever posted here.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #20
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Heh.

"LabRat" googled = nothing in either web or images...

BUT

"LabRat ass" googled; web = IOTD thread and Hall of Fame thread.
images= some pics from my ass thread.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #21
godsandmen
Non-Newbie Sort

Hello everyone. This is my very first post of the cellar.

You don't know me, but I know you. I'm the guy you're afraid might find out who you really are
godsandmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i am so totally not scared. jinx and the kiddies are the only reason I'm restrained at all. like.....i was in Texas all last week...but i didn't mention it, out of a general sense of protectiveness. like getting yer neighbor to bring in your mail.....

Is there really that big a dichotomy in our lives that we would be embarrassed if a coworker stumbled upon the cellar? Not for me, I tells ya.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #23
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

My husband knows the addy for this place and I often tell him stuff that's going on here. He could log in if he wanted to I guess, but I don't think he ever has. It wouldn't matter if he did anyway, cept maybe for that nipple shot I posted, but he wouldn't really care about that anyway I don't reckon. I actually don't think anyone would realize it was me here unless they clicked on my profile and saw my pic because my handle is nothing like my name. If they did figure out it was me, I wouldn't care anyway. Anyone that matters already knows I'm a dickhead.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #24
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Spouse, coworkers, friends, nope. One or two key people I have spent a good deal of time and energy trying to avoid... yep.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #25
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

If you search for my full name, you find stuff I've written in my web editing job, an award I won a few years ago for writing, and a couple art pieces I did in high school (along with a bunch of people who aren't me). The username that I use as my email address will find you public posts from my livejournal, which are mostly goofy but not all that embarassing. For this site and others where I'm likely to talk about personal stuff, I like to use Hime or a variation on it because it's such a common word in japanese movies and anime that there's no way anyone can sort through the results to find me. If someone happened to search for Tokezo Hime, the name I use for a couple of sites and blogs, they would find a picture of my face and links to the blogs I work on for my company, and nothing else.

Searching for my dance name with "belly dance" turns up shows I've performed in, my myspace page, and how to hire me to dance.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #26
Aliantha

I was very disappointed to find nothing about me when I googled my name. When I googled my husbands there was heaps of stuff.

I'm so jealous.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #27
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

ner ner, sucks to be you Ali!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #28
Aliantha

Tell me about it.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #29
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Hell, if you google my screen name you'll find a lot of web sites i belong to along with pictures of me doing things to other people that are not safe for work.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #30
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

I'm not overly concerned.
I've never posted my real name on a forum.
Although, I must admit that my name, pic, and email is on the net.
In several different locations.
And I belong to some weird forums (Ogrish, Fark, Goregasm, ect).
But I think that this forum is the only place that I've really let any personal info out.
And as of right now (04 May 2007 - 0339Hrs) on Google, I'm on the 3rd page, second link.
But I think I've been able to keep my RL and OLL separate.

However, I do have my own IMBD listing...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote