The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2003, 06:16 PM   #1
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

Future Platform of Computing

In the pc world....We gone beyond the age( so to speak) of programs that do a task well (mid - late 80's) to programs that do a task shared among people (client-server mid to late 90's) to programs that have integrated workflow (late 90's early 00's)to chincy web apps {that seem to take us back 15 years in usability} (here and now) ; all of which for the most part have been based or aimed to x86 microsfot OSes. {yeah, I run mozilla firebird - I still have to use IE for some webapps - bstrds..)

I've done the qbasic, pds, c, assembly, vb, et multi-al and I've been in a quandry for the last few years figuring out the next big trend/paridig-em in sw development.

I have not liked the direction MS has taken in the last 4 years and I want to know your opinion on 'whats gonna work' for the near future. I am avoiding the MS centric approach until I have to.

P.S.
The book I am currently reading is "Creating Applications with Mozilla" (yeah, its an O'REILLY)

Last edited by Scopulus Argentarius; 10-26-2003 at 06:18 PM.
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote