The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

90 at noon is nice, this time of year. What you have to watch out for is when it's still 90 at 10:00 PM...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #17
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Well done! Attagirl, Lola!
Thank you!

What I do to keep me going is to distract myself from the thought of feeling tired. My distractions: I look at other people -- how they run, how they dress -- and the dogs they walk. Yes, dogs. For example, yesterday, this couple was walking this gorgeous husky. I almost wanted to stop to ask to pet him...LOL. It was very beautiful. Today, I saw a couple walking three of these: (attached pic below)

Two black and one white that was unfortunately dyed light blue on the bottom and what looks like piano keys its stomach. Poor baby. Anyways, they look more regal than the ones in the picture.

I wonder how my running form looks and really hope I don't look funny or weird. I wonder what people think when they look at me because I sure have lots of comments and amusement when I look at others! Hahaha.....there is this one girl, from the look from behind, she seems young. Her knees seem to be held together by an invisible string while her feet swing outward to meet at the center. I actually kept my gaze on her for a while because her legs look so strange. And then, there is this older gentleman. Thin, very tan, and perhaps in his upper 50's. As he runs, his neck rocks side to side. Some time back, I actually saw a teenager boy does the same thing with his neck while he runs.

Another interesting thing to observe is how people dress. Shorts, tanks, running pants (lycra! according to Sundae, hihi) t-shirts, etc. There's this one man, in his 40's. He has on shorts and this tank, teeny meenie that's sliced up with one "strap" on his right shoulder and the other fallen down his left arm. I saw him again today, but from the back. He has on the same tank, except the back is in one piece, looks like a rectangular number tag people have one in race. It was plastered to his back with sweat. Ahhh....there was this two women today. Tall, slender, older Chinese ladies. Both in blue capri pants, blue long sleeve shirts, blue big rim hats, and sunglasses. One of the woman's face has this white plastered (probably sunblock) and bright red lipstick. Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh, but they look very comical. But hey, at least they made the effort to exercise.
Attached Images

Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think those are Poodles without the French haircut.
You should get your girlfriend who got you into this, film you, so you can analyze your style.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:44 PM   #19
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

My friend lives too far to go jogging with me. But it's okay, I'm sure I can guess what others may think. I'm sure many thinks it's ridiculous with my long pants and long sleeves and wonder why I don't fall over from heatstroke.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:11 AM   #20
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Tell them it's your strategy, wearing lots of material to catch a tailwind and sail across the finish line.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #21
Griff
still says videotape

Good work Lola!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #22
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Sexobon: I don't wear that many layers, just one. There's always one or two other I spot with long sleeves and long pants like me though. Skin cancer is a bitch.

Griff: Thanks!

Today was a set back for me. I didn't exercise the last 3 days, so mentally, I'm paying for it. There were several things different with my schedule, and I used them as excuses to do less. After dropping my nephew off to school at 8, I drove to the park. What normally takes 15 mins., took me almost 45 mins. I didn't start jogging until 9ish. Don't know what the temp was, but it was hot and the sun felt hotter. I didn't drink enough water the day before nor this morning, so I was thirsty. I meant to eat a banana earlier because I had dinner at 5 the day before but forgot. The bottom line was, I was mentally lazy. Hehe....yes, I could have push it, but I was overly indulgent to my lazy self and stopped at 2.74 miles. I walked the rest of the way to 3 miles. I would've walked more except my bunion started to hurt. It doesn't hurt to jog but sure does when walking. Well, I'm going to give myself a good spanking tonight and try harder tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #23
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Don't forget to apply some sunscreen.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Well, I'm going to give myself a good spanking tonight and try harder tomorrow.
That is the sexiest thing I have read this year.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I could help with that.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #26
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Don't forget to apply some sunscreen.
I always do. I cover everything that's exposed -- my face, my ears, my neck - back and front, and my hands too. The only place I neglect is that small part on my calf where my pants (capri) and socks don't cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
That is the sexiest thing I have read this year.
Oh why, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I could help with that.
Aww....too late. But I can spank ya for you.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #27
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I've been neglectful of update my progress. Well, I've been off my training schedule a bit. Since my last report here last week, I think I've managed to jog 3 times -- 2 long runs and 1 training one. Last Thursday, I realized I forgot to cheer for myself. So, I kicked my downer self to the curb and brought out poms poms to cheer myself on. However, I only managed to jog for 3 miles. The same goes for Friday. On Saturday, I jogged shorter distance but faster. It was a good day. The weather has been cooler and the sun is not so hot anymore. Today was cloudy so it felt cool. However, I only jogged 3 miles again. Physically, I could've jogged 4 miles; however, I was so bored and stopped at 3 miles.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Incentive.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #29
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Lola, every run you do is improving your fitness.
Amateur marathon runners almost never do the whole 26 miles before the race, they just work on general fitness and feeling comfortable running.

My brother did not cycle 100 miles before his 100 mile charity bike ride, and yet made some of his best ever times far into the course. Because he was part of a huge event and there were people cheering him on all the way around. Including me, at the summit of the highest climb, Box Hill (therefore I am solely responsible for his success - in my mind.)

Push yourself, because you know you can. But yeah - kick the doubting bunny right in the cunt. You'll do it even if you have to walk - and some people do. But you won't walk because you're better than you realise, and you're getting fitter every time you run. Oh, and you're marvellous.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #30
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Awww.....thank you for your kind words! For you, I will give the doubting bunny a punt in the cunt! I'll think of you and try harder and not give up.