The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #91
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Hello Kitty Cookies!!!! Wow!!

I now need to know where you got the cutter and stencil, and, of course, your recipe. Those look AWESOME!!!

The new nuthouse's very strict internet and cell phone use policies are keeping me offline during work. I did not see these until now. Ah, the downside of actually working instead of letting the state support me.

Those are some seriously happy cookies!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #92
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
no offense, but I thought they were sheep at first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Yes they do. Kitty's hairbow is the sheep's head, they're standing side-on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Mmmm...ok, kinda. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I couldn't see it at first. But after staring at them for a bit I can.
mmmmmmmmm, sheep!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #93
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Speaking of sheep, Max said yesterday that he wants me to get a lamb. I asked why. His response was that they're yummy.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #94
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Attaboy!!

He's right.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #95
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Here's the recipe. Adjust to your liking. Obviously, I did not do the chocolate part, and I used my own cookie cutter. And I did not get 4 dozen cookies. I ended up with little less than 3 dozens.

Godiva Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread

Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Difficulty: Easy
Preparation: 30 minutes plus baking and cooling times
Special equipment: GODIVA Cookie cutter

Cookies:
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix flour, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles crumbs. Form into a ball and knead until smooth.
3. Divide dough in half. Place half on lightly floured surface and roll to 8-inch by 6-inch rectangle, trimming edges with a knife. Cut out 24 shapes using the Godiva cookie cutter. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, placing at least 1 inch apart. Repeat with other half.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 2 to 3 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high (100% power) for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Dip cookies into melted chocolate, coating the bottom third of each cookie. Shake off excess chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (If chocolate becomes too thick, microwave at medium (50% power) for 30 seconds.) Let dipped cookies stand at room temperature about 1 hour or in refrigerator for 15 minutes until chocolate sets.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #96
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

As for the Hello Kitty cookie cutter, you can find one in ebay. At first, I was choosing items in a Japanese website, but it became expensive. Luckily my sister thought of ebay. She did a search and bought this. It came with a stencil if the effect you want is like my cookies. Using sprinkles the way I did was a b*tch! Sorry for my language, but it took so damn long. (Partly due to inexperience. ) Designing it with cocoa is faster. The second cookie cutter would also be great, especially if you want to design by icing. Works great without icing too. One day, I will get myself the cookie/bread/veggie cutter mould.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #97
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Completely adorable, and completely delicious!

I got an awesome surprise in the mail today! Thank you so very, very much!

The gorillas at the post office spent some time kicking the box around, and despite your extremely careful packing, some of them didn't make the trip intact, which is absolutely fine ... there are no calories in broken cookies!

There is extra happiness baked into these cookies. They are beautifully light and delicate and the flavor is excellent!
Attached Images

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #98
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Awe - that was so nice of you lola!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #99
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

AaawWWwwWwwWww......I shook the container and didn't feel any movements, so I was so hoping the cookies would come in one pieces. Oh well, at least two didn't break.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #100
wolf
lobber of scimitars

the post office has a lot of experience.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #101
Griff
still says videotape

Super sweet Lola!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #102
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Real good cookies are very hard to ship intact. The flip side is, with real good cookies nobody cares if they're pre-portioned.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #103
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I will do research on how to send cookies. I once read that cookies won't break if they don't move in the container. Apparently the post office workers are more skilled than I anticipated. Anyways, I am planning a birthday party...mine. Huh? Yeah, you guys read right. My nephew said because of a friend's birthday, I didn't get a chance to have mine. Hmm....okay, so he wanted one for me.....today. He came over this morning, asking to put up balloons and such. Anyways, we put up a train set, and he got excited so he seeked out his friends and cousins. I spent 4 hours with 5 7 yr. olds. Then I found out my nephew had told his other cousin I'm having a birthday party. I later found out from my brother that my nephew really wanted for me to have my birthday party so he could have his presents. I had promised my nephew that I will give him some presents on my birthday, but I never got a chance to have a party. Therefore, he wants me to have my birthday party so he could have his presents. Of course, he wanted to call "the kids" over too. So, on Monday will be my birthday party, filled with kids as guests. My nephew has drawned a designed for the cake and of course, the house has be decorated with balloons.

I've searched for recipes and decided on a carrot cake with buttercream frosting. There will be pix by Tuesday morning, if not earlier.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #104
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I didn't get to bed until 3AM, but everything turned out okay. Here's the cake...titled by my nephew....Air Race. By the way, the "planes" are flying over water. He was specific, hehe. When people asked, I told them the cake was for my birthday. The kids sang happy birthday to me and my nephew gave me a birthday kiss. Awww......

I only baked the cake, which is carrot, and made the butter cream frosting. My sister did all the decorations.

P.S. Sorry about the huge pictures. I'm so tired and just wanted to show the cake off before going to bed.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #105
glatt

outstanding!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote