The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I defaulted to politics on this one, I was torn.

http://www.thebeastmovie.com/about/index.html

FACTS

The Beast is currently in pre-production.

The cast and crew are legally sworn to secrecy.

The theory that Jesus Christ never existed, while largely unknown to most lay Christians, is gaining credibility among scholars. Historians do not consider the Gospels to be historically accurate accounts. The authors of the Gospels, writing 40 to 90 years after the supposed life of Christ, never intended for their works to be read as biographies. There are no credible non-Christian references to Christ during the period in which he is said to have lived.

BEHIND THE MOVIE

The Beast is directed by internationally acclaimed filmmaker Brian Flemming. Flemming's work has been called "a parallel universe" by the BBC, "jaggedly imaginative" by the New York Times, and "immensely satisfying" by USA Today. The Fox News Channel dubbed him "a young Oliver Stone." Flemming won the New York Times Claiborne Pell Award for Original Vision for his groundbreaking feature film Nothing So Strange, which was released theatrically in 2003 and is currently distributed on DVD in more than 200 countries.

Flemming is a former fundamentalist Christian. An in-depth interview with him is available in the first issue of The Beast newsletter. For a more extensive biography, see the Internet Movie Database.