The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #91
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

He comes off like a wet rag, except when I have seen him on some of those c-span congressional inquires. Then he is like a rabid dog and gives no quarter, I like that in him. I am quite sure that Palin could easily do the same. If they lose this election I put money on her going after Stevens seat.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #92
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

You could see plain as day Palins coaching. She gets an A+ for remembering her lines but a D- for answering the questions.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #93
Pie
Gone and done

At first, I was impressed by her ability to regurgitate on cue what she had been force-fed, but after a while it began to look like a bad case of food poisoning.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #94
lookout123
changed his status to single

I think debates in this day and age are completely and utterly pointless. It is nothing more than a dog and pony show. The candidates will certainly not give us real insight into who they are and what they will do if elected while they pose for the cameras and recite memorized position points. The voting public turns the tv on with preconceived ideas about each candidate and 99% of the time they only process what they see and hear in a way which will further support what they already believe.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #95
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
mercy, what did she do better than Biden?
She did tits and hair better than biden. And lip licking.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #96
Spectacle
Observing the Wine

I whole heartedly support Barack Obama.

If and when McCain dies and the country is left up to some ditsy ho like Sarah Palin, the United States will have slowly started its decline as a world super power.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #97
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacle View Post
I whole heartedly support Barack Obama.

If and when McCain dies and the country is left up to some ditsy ho like Sarah Palin, the United States will have slowly started its decline as a world super power.
Bit late for that prediction mate.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #98
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
You could see plain as day Palins coaching. She gets an A+ for remembering her lines but a D- for answering the questions.
She gets an A+ for her whole performance. I would give Biden a solid B, but that's about it. He was lackluster.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #99
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Bit late for that prediction mate.
<Inigo Montoya>You keep using those phrases. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.</Inigo Montoya>

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/14807
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4870677.ece
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...zPo&refer=home
Old 10-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #100
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512 View Post
<Inigo Montoya>You keep using those phrases. I don't think they mean what you think they mean.</Inigo Montoya>

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/14807
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4870677.ece
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...zPo&refer=home
I mean exactly what I said. The decline began before this election cycle. IMHO it began with Clinton and has been going down ever since.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #101
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I think debates in this day and age are completely and utterly pointless. It is nothing more than a dog and pony show. The candidates will certainly not give us real insight into who they are and what they will do if elected while they pose for the cameras and recite memorized position points. The voting public turns the tv on with preconceived ideas about each candidate and 99% of the time they only process what they see and hear in a way which will further support what they already believe.
I agree with this - but at the same time I have to wonder. How would someone ever know exactly what is going to happen when they get there?

Back in the day of Ross Perot (who I did not support) and after the election that he lost - he was doing an interview on NPR. They asked him if he was upset that he didn't get to be president.

His response "Hell no, not now. Could you imagine? You are in the White House, drinking your morning coffee and reading up on the news. Then all of a sudden - BAM - Jesus Christ shows up in Waco Texas." (This was right during the David Koresh thing in Waco)

What I would like personally - is to have a candidate that shows up to the debates - gives their ideas and what they would like to do when in office - but then state "Ya know what - depending on what shit hits the fan when I get there - this is all subject to change."

- Unless they have a crystal ball and know exactly what is going to happen which I seriously doubt.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #102
lookout123
changed his status to single

That's kind of my point. They go into the debate and spout all of this BS that we don't believe (and neither do they) and the whole time we all know that what we are buying tonight is not what will be delivered on 1-20-09. What they say doesn't matter. If you liked McCain/Palin before this debate then she did a bang up job and exceeded expectations by kicking ol' Joe square in his nuts. If you liked Obama/Biden then Palin was a trite little soccer mom, caught in the headlights, and not very good at answering questions between reciting what was on her flashcards. The truth is that neither version is true or false. Election years generally piss me off because otherwise very intelligent people somehow forget to filter out their own bias when evaluating the candidates' performances.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #103
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Yes....but I'll be armed with purple flour.
Does any group besides fathers for justice use purple flour to symbolize equality?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #104
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

The GOP is beginning to remind me of the 2008 Olympic French swim team that was going to "smash" the American team. When they lost, they said, "it was by a mere fingerlength that we did not win----it means nothing!"

Any republican who doesn't see that Sarah is moronic and that McCain is about to snap needs a reality check. McCain has been looking like a rabid nutjob lately----I'll bet it's due to the Stunning Stupidity of Sarah. someone didn't clue him in properly. She's a phony, know-nothing, dangerous person. Surely, surely, republicans really do know this.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #105
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I mean exactly what I said. The decline began before this election cycle. IMHO it began with Clinton and has been going down ever since.
Ah. I thought this was another "get used to Palin" thing.

Never mind.