The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #16
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Oh- Incest always involves a girl or (woman). Idiot. Stupid.

Golly, never heard of a male incest survivor? Fucking lame assholes everywhere! AAAaah!!!

Is it still a woman's fault if Uncle perp fiddles with a nephew?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Is it still a woman's fault if Uncle perp fiddles with a nephew?
According to the dickheads in the OP it'd probably be a womans fault because she didn't make herself available enough so that the old fart didn't have to play with little boys.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
Cicero

How can it apply to women, when it usually happens to children anyway?

You can tell I'm angry when I start saying words like fuck-tard.

Who did the studies on fear-based conception anyway?!?

lol! I'm a nut-bag...I know...But stuff like this makes me feel well-adjusted.

Last edited by Cicero; 02-07-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #19
Aliantha

Incest happens among children most certainly, right up to and beyond the age of puberty which of course means female victims can become pregnant.

Personally I think the whole statement was a load of tripe, but then again I'm pro choice, so it's not really surprising.

The whole idea of incest is simply wrong although it happens a lot more than people realize so it's a big problem hiding behind a big door. People also need to remember that incest is not always something that happens between a parent and a child for example. It also happens between siblings etc. Does that make it less wrong?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #20
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
When I first saw this quote I figured there must be some logical explanation for the wording. Turns out I was wrong. Or rather, the logic used to support this claim is so devoid of compassion or understanding it's staggering.
I think the idea is that in the phrase "rape and incest", as commonly used in abortion talk, the incest that isn't also rape (statuatory or not) is voluntary.

For example, if you allow abortion in case of rape, but not incest, you would allow it for a case of incestual rape. And the reason the woman is singled out is because she's the one who would be getting the abortion.

I hate to defend the idea behind it, but there is a logical explanation for the wording.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #21
Aliantha

Yep I get that HM, but it's still not just the womans problem/fault, although you have to assume that anyone committing a crime like incest or rape isn't going to care too much if the woman has an abortion or not.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
It also happens between siblings etc. Does that make it less wrong?
Doesn't the "It's none of my business what two consenting adults do consentually in the bedroom" argument, as with Homosexuality, apply here?
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Doesn't the "It's none of my business what two consenting adults do consentually in the bedroom" argument, as with Homosexuality, apply here?
Why no. It doesn't at all.

No connection whatsoever

That's like comparing apples and butt-rape.

In fact, homosexuality doesn't even apply to that arguement anymore because it's no secret, and nothing to be ashamed of.

btw. Hi Beest
Old 02-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #24
pourbill
Do-er of Deeds

Cicero, you just made a pronouncement, not an argument. Why doesn't that argument apply to incest?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
Cicero

Oh is this a debate? I wasn't informed of the formal status of my response and the guidelines...
If you would like an answer to that and many other ridiculous statements a perp might ask: here are some resources. Ask them...Let's see what they say:

1-800-A WAY OUT

United States Missing Children Hotline:

1-800-235-3535

Youth Crisis Hotline:

1-800-448-4663

United States Elder Abuse Hotline:

1-866-363-4276

United States Child Abuse Hotline:

1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

Find a Therapist:

1-800-865-0686

(I thought I was quite clear when I said it was like apples vs. butt-rape but sometimes people aren't so bright)

Ask a professional.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #26
pourbill
Do-er of Deeds

Some of us less than brights would read "between consenting adults" to exclude chlidren, youth, child, and I suppose the elderly who could no longer make judgements on their own. There is no reason for you to get all off the nest about this, I wasn't defending any position or attac king you. I just wanted to hear your reasoning. Pass it off if you must, or just tell me to butt out, but you are very far wrong to imply who might be a perp. In fact the whole point Beest raised is is it wrong if it's between two consenting adults. Since you replied I assumed you had a take on it.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #27
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Oh is this a debate? .
Quote:
fo·rum /ˈfɔrəm, ˈfoʊrəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural fo·rums, fo·ra /ˈfɔrə, ˈfoʊrə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uh, fohr-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation.
1.the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2.a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3.an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4.the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.
1, 2 and 4 don't apply. I think we hit 3 though. aka Discussion Board.

Quote:
Cic·e·ro /ˈsɪsəˌroʊ/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sis-uh-roh]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation–noun 1.Marcus Tul·li·us /ˈtʌliəs/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tuhl-ee-uhs]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, (“Tully”), 106–43 b.c., Roman statesman, orator, and writer.
:p

Also Polygamy, by what logical argument is this illegal.

I think I'm derailing with that train of thought, the title of the thread is incest, but most of the posts are about abortion.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #28
Aliantha

Well personally, the risk of a child being born with not enough chromosones etc is probably the main reason why I think it should be avoided. That being said, a lot of siblings do 'experiment' together. Particularly girl siblings. Probably no chance of pregnancy occuring in those sort of circumstances. Also, probably quite a turn on for most blokes. (you bunch of sickos!)
Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourbill View Post
Some of us less than brights would read "between consenting adults" to exclude chlidren, youth, child, and I suppose the elderly who could no longer make judgements on their own.
Hey that's why it doesn't apply...good job. Nice work. Kudos.

Beest...I got ya.
I'm glad you now know who Cicero was and what a forum is...Your copy/paste job was so great I might print it and wipe my ass with it...since you took the time to google and all.....

I say debate...you look up forum....

Holy shit..I'm in trouble. Someone else here can copy and paste too.....

Welcome to the cellar guys...I've seen you guys in the hallways (pourbill and Beest)....I don't have to prove every statement that flies out of my mouth. Especially if I'm not talking to you yet in the first place. Don't come here and make demands of me.

Last edited by Cicero; 02-08-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #30
monster
I hear them call the tide

cic, you're being an idiot. please have a sex change, you're giving women a bad name. Alternatively "fit the fuck" in and defend your position logically. That you're wrong doesn't matter, but that you're hysterical and illogical is embarrassing.

Quote:
Why no. It doesn't at all.

No connection whatsoever

That's like comparing apples and butt-rape.

In fact, homosexuality doesn't even apply to that arguement anymore because it's no secret, and nothing to be ashamed of.

btw. Hi Beest
It used to be, though. Some people still feel it is. So what is the difference again?

You seem to be unable to distinguish between consenting incest and rape/kiddy-fiddling incest. Do you have that problem with regualar sex too?

Quote:
Oh is this a debate? I wasn't informed of the formal status of my response and the guidelines...
If you would like an answer to that and many other ridiculous statements a perp might ask:
Wait, who are you calling a perp here? If there is mutual consent, who is the perp? Or are they both perps?

Quote:
here are some resources. Ask them...Let's see what they say:
But they're all kiddy/granny fiddler help lines. What about the non-abuse incest. Or do you believe that isn't possible/doesn't happen?

Quote:
(I thought I was quite clear when I said it was like apples vs. butt-rape
you thought wrong. the only thing you've clarified is that either you're currently self medicating or you damn well should be.

Quote:
Hey that's why it doesn't apply...good job. Nice work. Kudos.

Beest...I got ya.
I'm glad you now know who Cicero was and what a forum is...Your copy/paste job was so great I might print it and wipe my ass with it...since you took the time to google and all.....

I say debate...you look up forum....

Holy shit..I'm in trouble. Someone else here can copy and paste too.....

Welcome to the cellar guys...I've seen you guys in the hallways (pourbill and Beest)....I don't have to prove every statement that flies out of my mouth. Especially if I'm not talking to you yet in the first place. Don't come here and make demands of me.

OMG it's Drax and Shawnee's bastard offspring! :p

Can I have a 15 minute warning before the final tantrum? I'll need to pee and get supplies