Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #31
Griff
still says videotape

There’s a good boy, sow doubt. *head pat*
Old 08-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #32
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Did Benny get his application for a mail-in ballot yet?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #33
Ibby
erika

are they mail-in ballot application forms, or mail in ballots? because Burlington at least (possibly the whole state) mailed a ballot application form to the last known address of, as far as i can tell, every registered voter. Mine didn't even go to my current registered address; it went to my previous voting address, which was where i lived two addresses ago, and eventually found me through mail forwarding.

also,
Quote:
none of the challenges for establishing identification that an in-person voter would have to satisfy
what challenges does your state have? because i've never had to do anything other than give my name at my polling place.

anyway, clearly you are not at the point of assuming good faith here either. which is kind of my point; at this point, trust in the system is being attacked. When I see Trump attacking mail-in voting, of which there is little to no evidence of unreliability, and saying that he is actively preventing funding the post office because that will prevent mail-in voting, well, i have trouble ascribing good faith to his actions around mail-in voting and the post office. When you see that there was a piece of undelivered mail indicating that a voter with a name you dont recognize is or was once registered at your address, you have trouble ascribing good faith to that. and i think the fact that, again, we literally disagree about what the actual facts and realities of the situation are is a real bad sign, and an indicator that this election is not going to be like any other election in recent memory. Nobody is going to have faith in the results.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #34
Griff
still says videotape

Benny doesn’t have a drivers license or a social security number, therefore he can’t request a mail-in ballot.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #35
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
are they mail-in ballot application forms, or mail in ballots?
As I stated, application forms. No one by those names has lived at my address for at least 18 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
... what challenges does your state have? because i've never had to do anything other than give my name at my polling place.
Signature comparison (when one signs for the ballot, it's compared to one's signature in their records). That becomes cursory if the polling officer recognizes you from previous years. A new polling officer would check the signatures and many people wouldn't even notice that it was done. If there's a discrepancy with the signature, a supervisor takes over the authentication process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Benny doesn’t have a drivers license or a social security number, therefore he can’t request a mail-in ballot.
Then Benny can't vouch for you.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #36
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

the USPS is funded by postage; what he would be holding up is additional funding
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:55 PM   #37
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
the USPS is funded by postage; what he would be holding up is additional funding
And therefore no more overtime meaning large amounts of mail may sit unprocessed for days (ie ballots). And removing mail processing machines from processing centers. And stopping maintenance on remaining machines (that process tens of millions of letters each day) to cut costs.

My local post office is already seeing this problem. Between number of new employees they cannot hire, the new employees who cannot be taught the routes (due to cost cutting), and Covid problems, my Post Office is already having serious delivery problems. On two days recently, the carrier never got to my neighborhood. All in the name of Trump's new Postmaster General who was put there to advance The Donald - at the expense of America.

The Donald is so corrupt that, if you cannot prove he is doing it for America, then a default and obvious answer is " To Get The Don Reelected".

He has been that corrupt his entire life. He never once created or ran a productive company. But he sure did enrich himself even at the expense of all contractors and every major bank.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:41 PM   #38
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
That means there there are two people who have managed to get fraudulently registered (deceived, bribed, hacked?)
You're making an assumption that it was intentional and it was their doing.
Quote:
The post office delivers based upon name, not address;...
This is untrue, I get mail delivered to my address with other peoples names on it.
You're creating a story on false assumptions and a lie.

Yes I saw your size 1 white print, that makes it worse.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #39
sexobon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Quote:
That means there there are two people who have managed to get fraudulently registered (deceived, bribed, hacked?)
You're making an assumption that it was intentional and it was their doing.
Quote:
Of course, my address on those applications could have been just a typo; but, I wanted to tell my wonderful story on this Sunday afternoon.
Quote:
Yes I saw your size 1 white print, that makes it worse.
It means I recognized there was more than one possible assumption of which I chose one for the sake of argument. No one has demonstrated that the one I chose couldn't be the correct one.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The post office delivers based upon name, not address; ...
This is untrue, I get mail delivered to my address with other peoples names on it.
I wasn't talking about all mail. I was talking about mail-in ballot applications. This is what I actually said:

Quote:
The post office delivers based upon name, not address; so, those applications were never delivered to me...
This is evidenced by the fact that the post office did NOT deliver to me mail-in ballot applications with other people's names and my address.

The distinction is that the post office had a specific reason to the contrary. Delivering them could create a voting discrepancy. There are other items they deliver based upon name too.

[EMPHASIS MINE]

Quote:
You're creating a story on false assumptions and a lie.
No, your critiquing what I wrote without reading comprehension and keeping things in context.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bullshit.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:59 AM   #41
sexobon

You just to have to face the fact that you're in and out of it at times. You misread/misinterpret across the boards. You're polemical based upon whether or not you like someone at the moment. Memory is fading. You confuse discussions between similar threads. Often you're with it; but, sometimes you're not and you're too egotistical to recognize it and compensate for your declining mental capacity. You're becoming twtwtwBruce.

You're interpretation might have had application if my comments had been posted in the post office discussion that occurred in the thread "A Rural Area with Moderate Politics"; but, they were in the "Voting by Mail thread". Sometimes overlapping discussions are just too much for you to be able follow and differentiate.

Quote:
Bullshit.
Some might tell you "I'll get off your lawn right now." which is a nice way of blowing off folks who are losing it.

I'll just say: Double Bullshit on You.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #42
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Sometimes overlapping discussions are just too much for you to be able follow and differentiate.
Now he is plagiarizing Trump.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:24 PM   #43
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Meanwhile, a little more seriously: the wife and I just got an individually addressed postcard apiece about what to expect with our mail-in ballots, starting with expecting them to show up in our mailbox on or about 4 October, how many ballot dropoff locations will be scattered across the county (47 of them) and the encouraging feature of postal tracking of ballot envelopes. Sign up for that at WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov for it. Good idea if it works well and doesn't crash.

Ibby hasn't caught up on the USPS yet; the changes are all being held until appreciably after the third of November 2020. (His post does not show awareness of this.)
Old 08-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #44
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
snip--

Ibby hasn't caught up on the USPS yet; the changes are all being held until appreciably after the third of November 2020. (His post does not show awareness of this.)
Her post (try to keep up please) was correct at the time it was posted. History doesn't "catch up", despite your attempts, like Trump, to rewrite it.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:08 PM   #45
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Still correct, as far as I can tell. He said he'd hold up further damage until after the election, but even if he holds to that, he's not undoing damage already done.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote