The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-26-2004, 01:06 PM   #31
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Carrot Top is definitely not good, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:10 PM   #32
mrnoodle
bent

The evil of Carrot-Top must not be underestimated.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM   #33
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Somebody wrote a line in a speech that he read. Get over it.
He read that line because in his extremist's world, there is only good and evil. That line is how George Jr thinks. Same as he was taught in nursery tales. But adults have long sinced learned the world is not just black and white.

Take spies, for example. Are there good spies and bad spies? No. Mostly all spies are considered evil. Different shades of evil. But no spy is really considered good - or fully trustworthy. Some spies more evil than others. Spies may be intentionally sent to their death just to mislead the enemy because spies are even so expendable. Spies are often suspect - some more than others - because that is the nature of a spy. So where is the good and evil line drawn?

There is no such thing as just good and evil - except in speeches and beliefs of George Jr. Saddam is not good. Therefore he must have been evil. Ergo the concept on which the 'Axis of Evil' speech is based. The White House Executive Summary condenses down to only good or evil - just like a nursery tale.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #34
blue
Operations Operative

Hi Scrunchy.

You're a juvenile asshole.

Onyx has more substance in her little finger (which is much larger than your penis) than all your posts combined in the entire 3 weeks you'll stick around here.

I'm not eloquent.

All of the above is obvious of course to anyone that can read.

Rock on scrunch.....you're not the least bit entertaining, interesting, or controversial.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:24 PM   #35
scrunchy

LOL Blue you say you aren't eloquent, well you sure got that right, you're a fucking retard.

Haha I'm not in the least bit interesting, entertaining or controversial, but you rush into the thread to throw comments at me

LOL what does that make you?

You've made a proper tit of yourself in your defence of onyx, what did she offer you to defend her, a cyber bj in chat?

I really wish I could say it's been nice knowing you all, but I'd be lying.

You really are a bunch of inbred arses with very little independent thought.

Au Revoir
Old 03-26-2004, 10:10 PM   #36
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

wow. ya know when you hear the truth, you hear the truth. Scruchy is dead on. We ARE a bunch of inbred arses with very little independent thought. I had no idea. but now that he said it, i realize that my mom is also my sister. why did that not occur to me as odd before? Oh, yeah, that's right, I don;t have much independent thought.....

Well, thanks for the life lesson, smoochie. It's been an eye opener for me. Looks like we've all learned a valuable lesson today, thanks to you. I'm sure I speak for the group when I say that it appears that your work here is done. You must have many other message boards on your agenda to cure of the idiocy we so recently suffered form. It's important work you do, and the internet is a safer place because you're there.

Farewell, Godspeed, Fuck you.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:35 PM   #37
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by scrunchy
LOL what does that make you?
Is this like "I know you are but what am I?"? It seems to be a popular phrase with you. Which in itself is rather amusing, since you were japing someone's comeback prowess.

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:56 PM   #38
farfromhome
Management Consultant

I'm hesitant to weigh in on this, but here goes.The thread starter has a question that should be asked. Scrunchy obviously has problems with communications.I find it scrumptiously ironic that scrunchy himself suffers from "W"'s problem-communicating.Hahaha.
I miss Bill.That man could deliver an eloquent speach.And ad-lib.If George has to ad-lib...ugh.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:22 AM   #39
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

I'm listening to a series of great speeches right now. Winston Churchill, FDR, FJK, Reagan, MLK ...

Where did that kind of fire in the belly go? Where are the great leaders who spill out their convictions with language that makes you want to jump out of your seat and cry, "Amen!"

W is no Reagan. Kerry is no JFK. Oh well. 4 more years of skipping the State of the Union.

-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:24 AM   #40
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Looks like we've all learned a valuable lesson today
You're a fucking riot LJ ;-)

And I rushed in here to tell you that.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:54 AM   #41
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by smoothmoniker
I'm listening to a series of great speeches right now. Winston Churchill, FDR, FJK, Reagan, MLK ...
Somewhere or another I have the speech that Neville Chamberlaine (sp) gave declaring war on Germany. It's an awesome piece.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:19 PM   #42
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Oh man, I love that Chamberlain speech -

"We will give them Prussia, we will give them Austria, we will give them the Rhine, we will vacate the armistice demands, we will stand by as they rearm and re-provoke. We will aid in their dissolution of Yugoslavia,

We will surrender on the beaches, on the landings, on the streets and in the alleys. We will never stand, Never fight …”

Hold on. I may be getting confused.

-sm
Old 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM   #43
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by smoothmoniker
I may be getting confused.

-sm
Did we miss our meds today?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:58 PM   #44
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter

Did we miss our meds today?
If meds = scotch then no, no we did not.

cheers.

-sm
Old 03-28-2004, 06:49 AM   #45
Griff
still says videotape

To me, pursuit of political power over other people equals evil. That throws Stalin, Winnie, FDR, JFK, bin Laden, Kerry, Radar, and Bush all in the bucket. There are gradations of evil, with body count being a very important factor. Generally leaving people free to do their thing or actively helping others equals good. You may now muddy the water with talk of killing folks to preserve freedom.