Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #6001
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I bet it's prescription-only and not covered by my insurance :/
Bandage Remover? I wouldn't take that bet. If you can get it from Amazon it can't be prescription only, and I highly doubt insurance would cover that.
Attached Images

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 09-05-2015 at 06:47 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #6002
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
citra-solv gets any adhesive off and then washes off with water or soap and water.
Made from citrus peels.

and if you have very sensitive skin you may find it...mildly irritating
Old 09-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #6003
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Rubbing alcohol.

Must be one helluva bandaid.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #6004
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

For many years I've been copying articles off the internet into WORD docs, enlarging the print and adding notes to explain certain terms or memes. Then I'd print them for my mother, in her 90s, at nursing home until she died last year. I still print them for my aunt in her 90s at an assisted care facility.

I saw this quip about a 1902 face-book...

At some point in the last five or so years I copied an article, as a matter of fact I think it was six or eight installments, about a couple generations of wealthy family who did this very thing at their house in the country. But the clipping is from a small British paper, and this family were Americans. But it's driving me nuts I can't remember the name of the people. The damn voices in my head are useless, they just keep telling me to do socially unacceptable shit.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #6005
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If someone had copyrighted it back then, Zuckerberg might be running the grill at IHOP.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #6006
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or just call it the National Enquirer... no that's taken too. How about the LES (Life Embellishment Service), or the TTNCE (Tell The NSA and Criminals Everything Club)?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #6007
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Bandage Remover? I wouldn't take that bet. If you can get it from Amazon it can't be prescription only, and I highly doubt insurance would cover that.

gosh darn looks like I forgot the sarcasm font

And I meant the soap.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #6008
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Rubbing alcohol.

Must be one helluva bandaid.
Rubbing alcohol works, but only with a lot of friction and the skin is already tender and prone to bruising. And yes, it is.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #6009
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You might try GooGone. It's a decal remover-type product.It works with citrus also, but, I've accidentally gotten it in cuts and scrapes with no irritation at all. Maybe it's not as concentrated. Or soomething.

Name:  GooGone-4oz.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  29.0 KB

It's cheap, too.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #6010
glatt

I got tar on my hand a week ago, while moving old tubes of caulk. I sprayed WD-40 on a paper towel and used that to get the tar off. Then washed with soap and water. Wouldn't want to do that near an open wound though.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #6011
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I don't know why, it only hurts for about 20 minutes. And it is only a little bit poisonous.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #6012
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
You might try GooGone. It's a decal remover-type product.It works with citrus also, but, I've accidentally gotten it in cuts and scrapes with no irritation at all. Maybe it's not as concentrated. Or soomething.

Attachment 53285

It's cheap, too.
same stuff as citra-solv
Old 09-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #6013
monster

ya thanks Does this look like a suggestion thread? I paid to whinge about the stupid fucking pharmacist assuming the fucking obvious had not been tried. If all y'all are going to latch the gate after the horse is gone, I'mm'a demand a refund!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #6014
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Probably the accent threw him. You don't have to participate, we can still talk about sticky removal without you.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #6015
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

If it's Wednesday, it must be grocery shopping day.

I make a point of arriving at Tesco at about 0730 in order to avoid the later crush of humanity that sweeps through the store in the manner of one of Genghis Khan's smaller, but more irascible, hordes.
It's usually a straightforward enough task as, list in hand, I tread a familiar path from one aisle to the next. However, since last week's visit they've had one of their periodic 'let's move everything around' exercises.
I believe that the objective is to get people to wander around parts of the supermarket that they wouldn't ordinarily visit, and buy extra items that they spot on the way. It doesn't work with me.
I'm likely to abandon the search for whatever it is they've moved and proceed to the next item on my list and ending up spending somewhat less than usual.

That's the Chief Executive of Tesco crossed off my Christmas Card list.

Tags
mild cheddar