The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #91
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

hehe I have a feeling that isn't the case....could be wrong.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #92
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Dana, referring to who(m)? Me or Nao?

If me--ah, honey, my niece's husband is a Pakistani national! She converted! I know the family! They invited us to help them roof their house!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #93
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

okay chuck- to Bri. I don't think he was being tongue in cheek - about Nao.
Don't think there's a strong connection between your neice's in-laws and Nao having a rather retro view of rape.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #94
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I do hope Nao is joking (my original assumption) because otherwise that's a revolting point of view in my opinion.

I don't care if a woman dresses in a way that reminds a man of a woman who has sex for money, it still does not give that man any justification for entering her with his erect penis against her will.

Just because you live in a large house, it doesn't mean you are at fault when someone batters the door down.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #95
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
rkz...I think you're missing the point here. SG picks up crap from other peoples' dogs from in front of her flat, but doesn't do that whole street. She's not saying she only picks up crap from her dog in front of her house. Geez...I haven't even seen her say she has a dog.
OOoooooh.... "nevermind".
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #96
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
I do hope Nao is joking (my original assumption) because otherwise that's a revolting point of view in my opinion.

I don't care if a woman dresses in a way that reminds a man of a woman who has sex for money, it still does not give that man any justification for entering her with his erect penis against her will.

Just because you live in a large house, it doesn't mean you are at fault when someone batters the door down.
Wouldn't that be a small...teeny tiny...house?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #97
Nao
出来れば...

lol what bikini ? bikini dont equate to whore.
i thought you'd know what i meant by 'whore'. anyways...
to put it short, a girl who dresses and behaves like a prostitute. if she doesn't want to be taken for one, she should just watch herself. I dont know how else to explain what i mean, i just ate two kinder buenos and i feel kinda queasy...

i think im being harsh in that earlier comment, am i ? : P my bad, sorry ! maybe im too young and impulsive, not thinking if ive said the wrong thing. im working on that right now...

emo>
im being stereotypical. it's the hair, the emo hair that puts me off. hair that screams out 'i'm emo, hug me'. it's quite annoying. thats just my opinion.
Nao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:18 AM   #98
Nao
出来れば...

oh yeah and... i admit im rather conservative, if anyone wonders.
Nao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #99
Ibby
erika

Emo is what I said but, just to warn you, being right-wing doesnt make you a whole lotta friends here...

just a friendly warning, dear.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #100
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nao
i thought you'd know what i meant by 'whore'. anyways...
to put it short, a girl who dresses and behaves like a prostitute. if she doesn't want to be taken for one, she should just watch herself.
You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to find it repugnant.

We're talking about rape. Not wolf whistles, catcalls, propositions, leering etc. Yes - if a woman chooses to go out looking like she'd suck you off in an alley for a fiver then she can expect that reaction. This does not make it any more acceptable for her to be held down and penetrated against her will. I don't go along with the idea that men can't help themselves and it's the woman who is to blame.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #101
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nao
to put it short, a girl who dresses and behaves like a prostitute. if she doesn't want to be taken for one, she should just watch herself. I dont know how else to explain what i mean, i just ate two kinder buenos and i feel kinda queasy...
Are prostitutes asking to be raped? I thought they were asking to be paid for sex.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #102
mrnoodle
bent

Nao, I got your back.

Conservative survival guide to the Cellar, Cliff's Notes version:

But just so you know, many of the people here would rather be skinned alive and dipped in pepper sauce than acknowledge that any opinion from right of center is valid. Most wouldn't let their 15-year-old daughter leave the house dressed like a tart, but they won't admit it to each other. Kind of like Baptists who don't wave to each other in the liquor store.

It's hard at first to not to get your feelings hurt when yours is the minority viewpoint and 10 people jump your shit at once, but once your skin thickens, it's not a big deal.

In other words, if you believe that a woman dressing provocatively is ... provocative, say it as loud as you want, and don't worry about the people who will react with horror, disgust, and outrage. You get to voice your opinion too, even if it's not part of the uber-liberal circle jerk that occasionally forms in here.

One caveat: Don't combine dissenting opinion with caustic attitude -- even if the majority attitude is caustic as well. The blood is in the water when you say something "wrong", but the feeding frenzy won't start unless you respond in kind to the nasty one-liners. It's not fair, but it's the law of the land. Only a handful of people here really get off on trying to be hurtful, but even they are easy to get along with once you learn their triggers and avoid pressing them.

Sacred cows: feminism, gays, hatred of Bush. Approach these at your own risk.

If you get into a real bind, post nipple pics to calm the waters (check local laws).
Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #103
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
...than acknowledge that any opinion from right of center is valid.
C'mon, Noodle, it's valid, it's just *wrong*, too.

Quote:
Kind of like Baptists who don't wave to each other in the liquor store.
Like anti-gay pastors who don't wave to each other while they're having sex with each other.

Quote:
In other words, if you believe that a woman dressing provocatively is ... provocative, say it as loud as you want,
Just don't insinuate that's it's ok to rape her because she's dressed provocatively.

I'd like to see women dress more conservatively.

Quote:
and don't worry about the people who will react with horror, disgust, and outrage. You get to voice your opinion too, even if it's not part of the uber-liberal circle jerk that occasionally forms in here.
Only uber-liberal to the ultra-right wing-nuts.

Quote:
One caveat: Don't combine dissenting opinion with caustic attitude -- even if the majority attitude is caustic as well.
Tell us who is more caustic than UG and Maggie - both nasty conservatives?

Quote:
...Only a handful of people here really get off on trying to be hurtful,
And, lucky you, they're all on your side.

Quote:
Sacred cows: feminism, gays, hatred of Bush. Approach these at your own risk....
And gun control. Bringing up gun control makes the conservatives *crazy*.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #104
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Nao, I got your back.

Conservative survival guide to the Cellar, Cliff's Notes version:

But just so you know, many of the people here would rather be skinned alive and dipped in pepper sauce than acknowledge that any opinion from right of center is valid. Most wouldn't let their 15-year-old daughter leave the house dressed like a tart, but they won't admit it to each other. Kind of like Baptists who don't wave to each other in the liquor store.

It's hard at first to not to get your feelings hurt when yours is the minority viewpoint and 10 people jump your shit at once, but once your skin thickens, it's not a big deal.

In other words, if you believe that a woman dressing provocatively is ... provocative, say it as loud as you want, and don't worry about the people who will react with horror, disgust, and outrage. You get to voice your opinion too, even if it's not part of the uber-liberal circle jerk that occasionally forms in here.

One caveat: Don't combine dissenting opinion with caustic attitude -- even if the majority attitude is caustic as well. The blood is in the water when you say something "wrong", but the feeding frenzy won't start unless you respond in kind to the nasty one-liners. It's not fair, but it's the law of the land. Only a handful of people here really get off on trying to be hurtful, but even they are easy to get along with once you learn their triggers and avoid pressing them.

Sacred cows: feminism, gays, hatred of Bush. Approach these at your own risk.

If you get into a real bind, post nipple pics to calm the waters (check local laws).

Wow , great read...a good mind. You must be a commentary writer or a stand up comedian. I love sarcasm. It takes an agile mind to be smart but simple and to the point.

oh and it makes that pirate hat at bedtime even more cool.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #105
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
And, lucky you, they're all on your side.

One thing I liked about the cellar was I thought there were 'no sides'???

Must we have 'sides'?? I don't want to belong to any group, or if I post to someone I can't post to someone else on the percieved 'other side' ??

it's all so mundane that way...
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote