The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

Is it over?

My boyfriend of 10 months has been caught answering personal ads with an invitation to his apartment and a XXX pic. Keep him and forgive or cut my losses? Be brutally honest.
anonymousfornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar, anonymousfornow.
Cut your losses...run like hell.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Welcome to the Cellar, anonymousfornow.
Cut your losses...run like hell.
I was pretty sure this is going to be the major consenus. I am in shock and looking for some magic.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #4
AlternateGray
red-shirt guy

I second Bruce. And you have my sympathy.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:40 AM   #5
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Lose the boyfriend. Take some time to be with yourself. Welcome to the cellar
Old 07-02-2006, 05:17 AM   #6
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I'm with the others, lose him!

Sorry you have to go through this though....and welcome
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

magick to kill him i hope.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:44 AM   #8
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebediah
magick to kill him i hope.
I am hurt and sad but I'm astonished over the lack of anger I am able to rouse. Is there no hope? I can't understand it. Nothing is wrong. In fact, everything is going perfect. It was an accident that I found out. There were no signs there that made me want to investigate.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #9
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousfornow
I am hurt and sad but I'm astonished over the lack of anger I am able to rouse. Is there no hope? I can't understand it. Nothing is wrong. In fact, everything is going perfect. It was an accident that I found out. There were no signs there that made me want to investigate.
Nothing is wrong except your "boyfriend of 10 months has been caught answering personal ads with an invitation to his apartment and a XXX pic". Everything is going perfect except he's looking for sex elsewhere. Was it an accident you found out, or did he set it up that way? Lose him. If you're not angry so much the better, don't waste the emotional energy on someone who won't expend any emotional energy on you.
Good luck.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #10
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

I'd at least ask what it was he wasn't getting from you, why he wasn't comfortable bringing it up with you and go from there.

If you are so inclined, break it off but I'd at least try to find out what was going on. Not that the answer will make you feel any better but the info may prove useful.

Without knowing more about you two, I can't advocate a course of action.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
I'd at least ask what it was he wasn't getting from you, why he wasn't comfortable bringing it up with you and go from there.

What he wasn't 'getting' from her was a variety of pussy-experiences as she only has the one. Lose him, my dear. The sooner, the better. A guy who does this will KEEP doing it.

I know how you feel and you have my sympathy.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
What he wasn't 'getting' from her was a variety of pussy-experiences as she only has the one. Lose him, my dear. The sooner, the better. A guy who does this will KEEP doing it.

I know how you feel and you have my sympathy.
I know this.You are right. I have only one. I provide plenty with just my one. Thats why I know something is deeply wrong with the whole scenario. I am using all my might to refuse acceptance. I don't want it to be true. I love this man.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #13
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousfornow
I know this.You are right. I have only one. I provide plenty with just my one. Thats why I know something is deeply wrong with the whole scenario. I am using all my might to refuse acceptance. I don't want it to be true. I love this man.

Men like 'plenty' but they like 'plenty of DIFFERENT' even more.

What do you love about him? His duplicity? His sneaky-ness? His ability to pose for XXX pix to send to complete strangers? What?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #14
anonymousfornow
May Ter Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Men like 'plenty' but they like 'plenty of DIFFERENT' even more.

What do you love about him? His duplicity? His sneaky-ness? His ability to pose for XXX pix to send to complete strangers? What?
Keep it up please. You are making progress. So, as women, are we doomed? Doomed to a life of acceptance of these tendencies in men? Being alone or casual with people forever? Help me out here. I cannnot even go over this with any of my girlfriends as they all have troubling issues with men, and I dont want them to know. I'm embarrassed.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
AlternateGray
red-shirt guy

"I am using all my might to refuse acceptance. I don't want it to be true. I love this man."

*Sigh* I'm telling you now... in my experience, and from what I've seen, you can accept the situation and forgive him, but if you do, you're setting yourself up for a long, painful relationship. He's just going to be more careful in the future.

And don't rationalize it. If he knows you're hooked, he's going to try a million different excuses, and you're going to want to believe all of them. It'll seem so easy.

But here's the truth. GOOD PEOPLE DON'T DO THIS TO THE PEOPLE THEY LOVE. If there was something intrinsically wrong with the relationship, a man who loves you will probably approach you about it instead of slapping his pic on the net and trolling for sex (at ten months?)

Good people cheat too, it's a fact. Anyone can screw up. But this isn't like he got drunk at a party, swapped spit, and things got out of hand. This was calculated. Don't forget it.

Just my opinion.