The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-24-2016, 06:13 AM   #466
Griff
still says videotape

eye moisture
Old 06-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #467
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Ho De Do

So, Should we assume Arya is going to kill the Waif Braavos? Did she recognize a parallel between the Bianca wanting Lady Crane dead and the Waif wanting her dead?
Old 06-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #468
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Attached Images

Old 06-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #469
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Nice!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:56 PM   #470
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Need to catch up?

|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #471
classicman

Only 2 seasons left ... with only 7 episodes each.
I'm feeling the withdrawal already.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #472
Griff
still says videotape

Take it slow. savor this
Old 08-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #473
Snakeadelic
Banned

classicman, I read about a week ago that the final season (8th) will only have 6 eps! I foresee a BLOODBATH. Blood on the ceilings, entrails hanging from the chandeliers, I mean it's gonna look like all the Rambo movies, most of the really old pre-LOTR Peter Jackson movies, all the Living Dead movies, and Dead Snow threw a party. And then someone invited Smaug, Vermithrax, Tiamat, the big bull dragon from Reign of Fire, Jörmungandr, and every scaly nightmare I can't pronounce from assorted Asiatic mythos to said party.

I hope .
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #474
Snakeadelic
Banned

One thing really puzzles me, tho...

Ppl LOVE GoT. Like, "should this fictional character be calling the cops about stalkers and creepers" love.

Ppl LOVE LotR the same way.

We already know we can't have Dragonriders of Pern, which sucks now that CGI could do what Michael Whelan did for the paperbacks (which he obviously DID read before painting the covers). Rendered as they were described in the books and painted by Mr. Whelan, they'd be freakin' spectacular.

...And we already know there are a zillion or so LotR knockoffs out there. Why has no one optioned the ripped-off but extensive and detail-rich Memory, Sorrow & Thorn trilogy by Tad Williams? The Dragonbone Chair. The Stone of Farewell. To Green Angel Tower (which is so thick they had to break the paperback release into 2 books). The swords alone! One forged from a meteor, one grown by forcing iron and iron-allergic "witchwood" to cooperate. Forget how they got the third as it's been a while since I could read anything longer than a magazine article . There are elves (Sithi). There are nightmare swamp bugs. There are prophecies and royal lines of descent. There are even dwarves of a sort (short tribes based on Arctic aboriginals like the Inuit and Tlingit) who ride bighorn rams! Hell, Whelan did the cover art on the hardback trio! Someone get on this...it would easily make a minimum 2-season epic!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #475
Snakeadelic
Banned

[quote=it;931206]So... Having main characters die horribly is cool and adds to the tension and empathy and overall immersion, but when you start to loose count on how many have died in one single episode...

Has anyone else noticed that major character deaths almost always seem to happen in the second-to-last episode of most of the seasons so far?
Old 08-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #476
Snakeadelic
Banned

I've been waiting since around about the Red Wedding to see Arya start taking revenge. I still want to see her rip off a fake face, smile, and then nail Cercei's head to a wall with Needle.

Anyone else think she and the also-not-dead other Clegane are going to end up reunited so he can watch her back while she murders her way through her list?
Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #477
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

They are great pair, I would love to see them together again.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:57 AM   #478
Snakeadelic
Banned

Also:

Any thoughts on just how many major characters are actually Rhaegar Targaryan's kids? We know Dany is his sister, and now we have been STRONGLY led to think Jon Snow is his son with Ned's sister. What about Tyrion? I've seen illustrated fan theories about how Tywin spoke to him without using pronouns like "my" in front of words like "son". I haven't read the books but I have heard there are clues in them that Rhaegar REALLY got around, and if Tyrion is half Targaryen that would definitely explain Tywin's hatred and contempt for him. Also, apparently the books describe him as having one eye green and the other violet, with violet eyes being the hallmark of the Targaryen line. Targaryen blood might explain why Viserion and Rhaegal didn't fry Tyrion when he took off their collars...

And how about that "ice dragon in/under/IS the Wall" theory? Will the Song of Ice and Fire end up being a battle saga about Dany vs. Jon Snow, or maybe Dany's dragons and the ice dragon ganging up on the Walker/Wight army when it kinda looks like everyone's gonna hit Kings Landing at about the same time?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:05 AM   #479
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
They are great pair, I would love to see them together again.
One of my favorite fanarts of those two is done in Calvin & Hobbes style, the two of them crossing a stream using a log. Way too adorable for how nasty they can both be!
Old 08-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #480
classicman

Arya left Clegane to die in agony. I don't see them breaking bread together anytime soon.
However, there is a young man whom we haven't seen for some time. He used to be an accomplished blacksmith and escaped from the Red witch with the help of Davos. I'm hoping he makes a return - possible with Arya since they were friends/love interests. That would finally unite the Baratheon and Stark families creating a massive powerhouse.

Gendry