The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

MAD COW, it's what's for dinner

Quote:
Veneman said the Holstein, which could not move on its own, was found at a farm in Mabton, Wash., about 40 miles southeast of Yakima, and tested preliminarily positive for the brain-wasting illness on Dec. 9. Parts of the cow that would be infected - the brain, the spinal cord and the lower part of the small intestine - were removed before the animal went to a meat processing plant.

that is a quote from this article .

It's about a single cow that tested positive for mad cow disease near Yakima Washington U_S_A.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!???

any of you live near there? eat beef? lately?

I don't think I'd want to eat a cow that couldn't move on it's own even if it were otherwise healthy. It makes me think really really hard about the standards we employ, to think that they butchered and shipped this fucking cow anyway.

this was a quote from earlier in the same article:

Quote:
A form of mad cow disease can be contracted by humans if they eat infected beef or nerve tissue, and possibly through blood transfusions. The human form of mad cow disease so far has killed 143 people in Britain and 10 elsewhere, none in the United States. Blood donors possibly at risk for the disease are banned from giving.
again, WHAT THE FUCK!!!???

Department of Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman announces the first suspected case of mad cow...

almost as disturbing is the feeling I get that the writer of this article is much more concerned about the potential economic havoc that this could cause instead of the "safety of the food chain" .....I know the economy is important, but fuckin A.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote