The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Woman killed for her unborn baby

I was driving to work this morning and heard on the radio a woman was killed in the U.S and her unborn baby was removed from her womb?

Apparently the lady who stole the baby then parades the infant as her own!

its like a horror movie. That poor family, i wonder if they will get their baby back. Imagine when the baby is an adult, or adolescent, and finding out what happened to her mother. I just can't even begin to comprehend the weird sorrow that wil ensue from this sick news.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Even more bizarre is how often this happens.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Funny how Skidmore gets back in the news.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Funny how Skidmore gets back in the news.
huh?
Old 12-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yes, the father did get the baby back--they caught the lady just a day or two after the murder/kidnapping.

The lady who committed the crime is nuts. Apparently she had a miscarriage awhile back, and couldn't deal with that. When she killed the woman and cut the fetus out, she called her husband at work and said something to the effect of, "Guess what, honey? I was out shopping, and all of a sudden I went into labor and had a baby after all!"
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
huh?
Murder in Broad Daylight
Old 12-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #7
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

This is the biggest news story around these parts right now. Godawful psychotic murdering bitch hooks up with pregnant woman via an Internet dog breeder's ad, goes to her home on the pretense of purchasing a puppy, comes up behind mother and strangles her, then cuts the 8 month old fetus from dead mother's womb and returns to her home town, claiming the baby as her own. She even told her husband that she had the baby unexpectedly the day before while she was alone in Topeka.

Some people become so horribly broken, that there is no way they can ever be fixed. I think this one falls into that category.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:27 PM   #8
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Even more bizarre is how often this happens.
Really?
This is the first i've ever heard of anything like this. I heard that officials are even considering the death penalty!! how could they NOT give her the death penalty?
Old 12-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #9
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Sparkz
I heard that officials are even considering the death penalty!! how could they NOT give her the death penalty?
I think, just maybe, that she's insane, and can't tell right from wrong. She should be institutionalized, not put to death.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:01 AM   #10
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I think, just maybe, that she's insane, and can't tell right from wrong. She should be institutionalized, not put to death.

I doubt that defense will fly in court--she took too many steps to conceal what she did for her to claim she didn't know it was wrong.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:06 AM   #11
glatt

I doubt it will fly in court either. But that's more a comment of the politics of the times than a comment on her mental condition.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:08 AM   #12
lookout123
changed his status to single

how does being out of one's gourd make this any less heinous? insane or not, she should be put to death. the insanity defense to avoid the death penalty is such BS. if a conviction for a crime would result in the death penalty for someone who didn't use the insanity defense, why should a nutjob get off any easier? the crime is the same, why shouldn't the penalty be the same?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:31 AM   #13
glatt

Because the crime is not the same.

Do you blame a person for having cancer? Do you blame a person for having heart disease? Why do you blame a person for another illness, when a symptom of that illness happens to be against the law?

It's against the law to take a dump on the sidewalk, but if you have dysentary and involuntarily crap your pants, resulting in some shit dribbling down your pant leg and onto the sidewalk, I would submit that you are far less guilty of shitting on the sidewalk than someone who does it on purpose. Even though you both did it. Rather than going to jail, I think such a person should get medical attention.

Yes, the violently insane are a danger to society. Lock them up in a mental hospital. Treat them. If they recover fully, let them out. What good does putting them to death do?

I don't know the details of this killing, so I can't really comment on her, but I think that most people would agree that cutting a pregnant woman open and stealing her child is not an example of a sane human being.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:22 PM   #14
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

One news anchor said the woman's fetus was cut out of her stomach.

Good going; this way, any young children who don't know where babies really come from won't be traumatized by the story.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:53 PM   #15
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

yeah..this is one of the most fucked up things to come out of the midwest in a while.. makes me really leary of small towns... yeesh