The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 04-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Just saw Hot Fuzz. Excellent!

So was Shaun of the Dead. I really should track down Spaced.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Great pics!

My weekend has been way less exciting.

Friday evening: The Royal British Legion (Ovenden Branch) Spring show. Basically that involves sitting in a smoky working men's club listening to mediocre singers massacre golden oldies and a 'comedian' (I use that term with some hesitation) making borderline racist, sexist, homophobic jokes and doing a very bad ventriloquy routine.

Sat: Morning spent posting leaflets through people's doors.
Lunchtime, walk the dog
Afternoon spent posting leaflets through people's doors
Evening, visit my friend whose husband (also my friend) passed away three nights ago. Then settled down to a glass or three of wine and Doctor Who on TV.

Sun: Morning, had a lie in *smiles* how delightful. Then walked the dog. Did an online exercise for a history module.
Afternoon, spent shoving leaflets through people's doors.
What kind of leaflets? is that your job or something? Just curious.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #18
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Well yesterday we got up and about by 9am , went to the tire shop and had the tires transfered from my work truck to my camping truck ( 10 plys The RVIERPIG Baby for free !!!!!!)
Then came home and emptyed out my work truck ,
it took close to 6 hours , Lots and LOTS of stuff
then cut grass , then a beer or 4 , dinner , ribs :yum :
today I scrubed the HELL out of said work truck .
then a few beers , steak and brats .
Tomorrow I get a NEW work truck !!!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #19
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Fri: Worked until 5, went to dinner with April and her sister, then went to see the movie "Grindhouse."

Sat: Ate lunch, did laundry, worked 5-8, car broke down, had it towed to the dealer to be repaired.

Sun: Worked until 6:30, currently sitting here dealing with you fuckers.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #20
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Thursday- Hung out with some friends and some girls. Got written up.

Friday- Nice day out so I was outside for about four hours and then I celebrated the holiday with some friends, ended up getting much higher than I wanted and ended up passing out on my bed.

Saturday- Played with my band for most of the day and then watched "Godfather 2" and "The Royal Tanabouts" (sp) with my friends and decided our band name is going to be Pagoda.

Sunday- Studied a lot. Just found out that Pagoda is taken.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #21
glatt

Saturday: Spent the whole day running from one activity to another. What a busy day.

Sunday: Sharpened the mower blade, mowed the lawn, broke down a bunch of empty boxes in the basement, worried about what to do with the DAMN RACCOON I had just discovered was living in our chimney. AAARGH!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #22
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
worried about what to do with the DAMN RACCOON I had just discovered was living in our chimney.
Simple...cook it.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #23
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I wrote what I did in detail - then realised how terribly, terribly sad it was. And boring. I couldn't bear to be both so I deleted it.

A precis:
Friday Night watched the spooky but wonderful Derren Brown on 4 and was pleased to spot two NLP techniques in the show. Very good ventriloquist act in his case! If anyone is interested enough I think you can download it for free here, but I haven't tried myself.

Saturday I worked, then came home for more TV, beers and pizza.
Watched Any Dream Will Do, where they are trying to find a Joseph for a new production of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat. Had an intense moment where my llibido woke up and stretched when they were all singing together at the end. Whoooweeeeee! Seamus and Lee in case anyone is wondering. I don't go for men because of their looks, but I think I need to explain this more carefully to my groin.

Spent the laziest Sunday ever (excepting all the other Sundays this year) reading in bed with my boys (cats), eating leftover pizza and drinking leftover beer! Worked vaguely on something I'm writing for the Cellar, then decided it wasn't going to work and wasn't inspired by any other ideas.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #24
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
Fri. AM... get to the office. Mrs. Dallas calls and says a neighbor is having her mom's baby
That's a great neighbor!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #25
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Posted by SteveDallas
Mrs. Dallas calls and says a neighbor is having her mom's baby.

How does that work?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #26
rkzenrage

Day Out With Thomas The Tank Engine.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #27
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

This weekend (starting after work Saturday) I'm going to London to have a trial meeting of my cats with my friend's cat, so see if they get on. Yes - I'm nervous.

Hopefully I'll also introduce him to the joys of the Cellar and take some pictures I can post.

I'm so excited! A weekend where I actually do something worth reporting Watch this space.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #28
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

We spent this past weekend as follows:

Friday night - our weekly 'date night'. We went out to dinner, then puttering through the local Home Depot to pick up some potting soil and flowers. Found a nail in the tire of my car, so we fixed that (did NOT want to buy a new Lexus tire, they are dang expensive!) and hoped that it would fix the puncture - thankfully, it did! Curled up to watch the Who's Line is it Anyway that our TiVo recorded throughout the week for us - and ended up falling asleep sometime.

Saturday, we took a day trip to the NC Zoo - along with half of the population of central NC (it was VERY busy!) We puttered around Saturday evening - because well, frankly, we were too tired and sore to do much else. (Our feet were killing us!)

Sunday - we did a lot of house and garden work. I planted a few herbs in window boxes, some annuals in a box on our drive, and we cleaned off our back porch and got it ready for spring and summer use. We spread some egg gravel in our ornamental memorial garden, and planted some carnations that we'd found and fell in love with. We played with the pictures that we took at the Zoo on Saturday - decided which ones we wanted to post on our websites (not up yet), and had a relaxing al fresco dinner at our local favorite pizza place. Home to relax, hang out, and just be 'us'.

Monday, he went back to work. (Sigh - this 3 month and counting vacation is getting TOOOO long)

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #29
duck_duck
Soul Duck

We might be going to ocean park sunday
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #30
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
What kind of leaflets? is that your job or something? Just curious.
Political leaflets. Some of the leaflets I deliver are the standard party political leaflets which all parties send out during the month running up to the local elections. Others are third party leaflets which i help with as part of my activities with anti-fascist groups like Searchlight, or Hope Not Hate. Some are newsletters from the local MP.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote