The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #136
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Yes...and I want to see the pictures as well.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #137
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I don't remember if I saw it this most recent trip or last year, but when I saw the scented homemade soap store on Main St., I knew Honesdale had changed.
More changes to come too, thanks to the Marcellus shale. Day's still makes the killer eclair though...

Quote:
A major natural gas exploration and drilling company has leased more than 62,000 acres of property in Wayne County over the past two weeks, an investment indicating that the county may be on its way to actually seeing energy development here.
We signed with Hess last week, finally - how about your family glatt? Talk about stimulus...
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #138
glatt

It's the first I've heard of it. My aunt is the only one with any real land there, and if she's seen any offers, she has kept quiet about it. She must be in the wrong valley. She's got the big gas pipeline just 60 yards from her property though, so if there's a leak, she'll have some excitement.

Our family cottage is on a postage stamped size lot.

Congats to you though. That's awesome that you could get in on it. Exciting! Is it a flat rate lease kind of thing, or do you get more if they produce more?

Edit: You know, it's funny, we've had an increase in the amount of sputtering air that comes out of the faucets in the cottage this past summer. I don't know anything about wells. I thought it might be some sort of leak in the badder tank, but I think there is an extremely good chance that it's really natural gas coming out of the faucets. I wonder if it's flammable?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #139
jinx
Come on, cat.

The gas they're drilling for is a mile down... I doubt your well is that deep, lol.

It's a 7 year lease plus royalties on the gas. I don't know about the royalties, but they're getting quite a bit more per acre rent over there closer to Griff.

Marcellus Shale wiki
Old 09-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #140
Pie
Gone and done

Went to a star party.
Identified and sprayed a porcelain berry (invasive exotic vine).
Cleaned the patio furniture in preparation for re-staining.
Cleaned the garage.
Made a apple-raspberry pastry.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #141
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I went and watched Ripley cheer for the Twin Valley Raiders. They played the Hamburg Hawks. In this, the third game of the season, The Hawks earned the distinction of not only being the first team to gain a first down on the Raiders, but they actually put points on the board. Raiders 25, Hawks 6. I got gobs of video and pics. I'll post the edited version at some point. Oh...and I'm giving off 6,000 BTUs from the sun burn I got today.....it was absolutely gorgeous out.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #142
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

We had our annual block party this weekend. They're common in Chicagoland. The city brings you barriers to block off both ends of the street. Everyone brings food and drinks to share and parties in the street. We always have ours in the fall, so we end up the night drinking and talking around a firepit.

Our block has a tradition of having a food contest each year. We've had contests for the best salsa, best ribs, best chili, etc. This year it was pie. Mrs. Dar and her Mom made four pies - apple with a streusel topping, cherry with the lattice crust, pumpkin chiffon on a graham cracker crust, and a lemon pudding pie.

I couldn't have the fruit pies because of the Crohn's disease, but they looked and smelled delicious. The lemon pie was quite tasty.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #143
glatt

block parties are awesome. We had ours last weekend.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote