The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #3931
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Go get 'em CapN! And Hooray Ali! Glad there was an up after the down

(After three trips to the ER my elbow is FINALLY on the mend. Guess I should be in the happy thread too!)

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #3932
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sounds verrry nasty Queeny, You on the mend now, then?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #3933
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Yes, thanks, after three IV antibiotics. Now I'm on two oral antibiotics for the week. It was so swollen and red and.....I won't go into the details. It was nasty, but definitely getting better now. Still aches though. Kind of odd.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #3934
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Keep an eye on it, honey. If it went to cellulitis there's a risk of reoccurence if it's not been thoroughly thwarted. Probably has given the amount of anti-biotics you've had. Chances are it's aching because the soft tissues have been traumatised through swelling. If it doesn't fade go see your doc.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #3935
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Went to my doc yesterday - he's of the opinion that i am beating it. They marked the original redness/swelling in the ER - It has definitely receded. It hasn't drained for a couple of days now, but it's not hard where it's swollen anymore. Pretty sure I'm on the mend, but going back to my doc tomorrow just to be sure.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #3936
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I had a bad infection in my foot once and they did that. They gave me gentamicin to clear it up. That's good stuff! I had to go to the doc for about a week afterwards and get injections in my butt as well. Are they doing that to you too? If so, aren't you just the lucky one!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #3937
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Call the electric company and ask them what the hell happened... they know.
Yep. It's (was) a come/go thing. Got it today,tho. As sworn.

Electrician was here this AM, said inside panel was fine, call Ga. Power. Did it.
Ga. Pwr shows up soon, pulls meter. Looks at service entrance cable. SMOKED. Disconnects pwr at pole, tells me I need to replace SE cable. And lugs in meter base. Called 'trician back. Did it. He tells me I must have city inspector out to google & approve. Did it.
Ga. power came back soon after I called, ran load test thingie, Reconnected, and VOILA!

Oh... gotta come up w/ subin' that's upsetting to maintain thread....
It upsets me that I didn't do this a long time ago instead of believing the problem would fix itself. Fuck me running. And again when I stop. IF I stop.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #3938
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
what problem? I though it was working again?

If so, Bruce is right, it was a power company screw up. An electrician will probably be a waste of money. He will find nothing wrong with your wiring.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is the post I meant to quote.

...keeps runnin'............
Old 05-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #3939
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Everything, sadly.
I've been down for a few days - I mean feeling like there is a hand round my throat kinda down. I couldn't sleep last night, couldn't cry, couldn't scream - just lay there in despair.

I have a regular appointment scheduled with my GP today, but I know she won't be able to do anything. It's basically just me being desperately unhappy, so what can anyone else do?

Then I go to my alcohol counsellor. She gives me more time and is generally more upbeat (which is why I haven't gone for two weeks, because I hate to moan in the face of her positivity).

Maybe I'll drop in for acupuncture tomorrow.
Then again, making any decision right now is hard. I've get to get into the shower or clean my teeth today (10.40 at time of typing this). I've told myself that I will when the post comes. No, damnit, writing that I am ashamed. Am going to do it now. And change my bedclothes.

You're good for me, I don't care what the others say.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:47 AM   #3940
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #3941
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Glad I got going when I did - I'd just come out of the shower and Mum & Dad turn up.
Luckily I don't think there was anything amiss downstairs (I'm down, but I'm behaving after all) and I think Mum would have been pleased to hear the hairdryer.

They've gone again now, and I do feel better for havnig taken action.
Still waiting on the damned post though!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #3942
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I had a pj day yesterday...and half of today. It is good to brush your teeth though. It always makes me feel better.

I guess me wearing my pj's all day isn't for the same reason, but I think it's ok to do it sometimes, especially when you're feeling down.

Do you think part of the reason you feel down is because you feel pressured to behave in a certain manner because you live at your parents? That's kind of what I get when I read a lot of your posts. That their influence makes you do things you might not otherwise do, which in a way is a good thing obviously, but it seems to be a bit negative a lot of the time. I get the impression that they don't acknowledge the fact that you're an adult and need help, and more that they treat you like a naughty child sometimes.

If I'm out of line just say so, but I just don't think it's really fair that's all.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #3943
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Then I go to my alcohol counsellor. She gives me more time and is generally more upbeat (which is why I haven't gone for two weeks, because I hate to moan in the face of her positivity).
Don't do this. you gotta go. It's her job. Don't give yourself excuses not to go. You're off the sauce, but not out of the woods yet. Use all of the resources available to you. It's like lying to your doctor -the only person it hurts is you.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #3944
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sadly, I think part of me is feeling this low because they are away. I don't have the same pressures, therefore I dwell on things more. Mum is trying to push me to run before I can walk though. She's mentioned volunteering at least once a day, every day this week (we talk on the phone even when she's away).

She was only here for about 7 minutes this morning and still managed to ask whether I;d gone to the Volunteer Agency yesterday. No Mum, yesterday I wanted to either get ridiculously drunk, or die, or both. I will have to go of course. Partly because she will wear me down, partly because I know it's a step back to normality. I'll talk to my CPN first though.

Monster I know I should have gone to Oasis sooner, but it all seems so pointless. It's just a chat, I'm still on the waiting list for actual sessions. And I have the same chat with my Doctor every week, and my CPN (although she's on holiday right now). It's just telling another person how miserable I feel and it gets me down. None of the people I speak to at present are able to offer a solution, something to work on or anything steps I can take to help resolve the situation.

Sorry, it's all going to be negative from me in this mood.
Maybe I'll pick up a bit this afternoon.

I'll go to the Volunteer Bureau tomorrow, so what't available at least. It's a walk into town, so it will occupy me and get me out of the house.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 AM   #3945
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hey, I just thought I haven't nagged you for a while, you might be missing it

Go for a long brisk walk rfn. work up a really good tireness to help you sleep this evening.

Tags
swiss