The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #16
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_pastrami
I think I regret the original-sticking-up-for-him and the eventual-unpleasant-dismissal just about equally.
Incidentally, that bit was spoken in jest... I don't regret sticking up for him. My regret for not having done so would be much greater.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #17
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

when i thought about the things i regret; the big things; they had one thing in common...i didn't follow my heart/gut/instinct*. IOW i had 2 or three options, one of which i felt was the right choice, and 1 or more that others, parents, friend etc. thought were better choices. and i went with someone else's idea of what was right. there are only a couple of times that this has (probably) affected the overall outcome of my life, but i do think about what it would have been like if i had _____'d instead. usually only when i am in a depressed mood. overall i feel like i am a very lucky person however in that i learned from these 'mistakes' and therefore want to teach my daughter to trust herself above all others (even me!) when it comes to something she feels is important.

*OK, so there have also been a lot where alcohol was involved, but since i can only remember the good parts they're not really regrettable
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #18
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian-zz9
I regret NOT spending my childhood running through grass and mud and putting worms in my pockets...

Doing that now I would just feel stupid.
You're never too old to have a happy childhood.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:37 PM   #19
jaguar
whig

Ah sodit.
I regret being a lazy little bugger and relying on decent brains and a silver tongue until I came a cropper a few years ago. I regret spending a couple of years doing stuff I didn't enjoy because of the cash. I regret telling a lot of people to get fucked, and not telling a lot of other people to get fucked. I regret losing contact with so many people.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:39 PM   #20
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:

Doing that now I would just feel stupid.
why?? i played in the rain last night, and didn't give a hoot what my neighbors thought. it felt good, like it did when i was a kid...

i learned a long time ago to screw what other people thought of me, turns out they weren't there for me when it really counted anyway.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #21
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
Ah sodit.
welcome back. how was your vacation. you didnt really miss antything interesting here
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #22
jaguar
whig

Well, been accepted into my new uni so I'm now a very bored photojournalism/graphics student waiting to get the hell over there. Thus the combination of extreme boredom (cannot even open photoshop at the moment without feeling ill after the last couple of weeks) and excellent mood drove me back.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:51 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Regret? The things I didn't do for fear of getting in trouble, not necessarily with the law, but with family, friends, peers, employers.
And a whole lot of things I did do. Wisdom don't come cheap.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:32 PM   #24
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

"Regrets? I've had a few, too few to mention....." - Ol' Blue Eyes

Anything I have done in my life, good or bad, has served to make me who I am today. So, no, I don't regret anythiing I've done.

There are a few things I wish I'd have done different........

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:21 AM   #25
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Bearing the knowledge that all I have done has brought me to be who I am today (whom I am happy to be) I can say I have some regrets:

- I regret going out with my 1st boyfriend Mick. He was a dickhead. I should have listened to my dad!

- I regret the way Tim and I broke up, although I am very happy in my current new relationship, I just wish I could have handled things better.

- I regret not attending my brothers funeral. I was angry at the time but now I wish I had of gone to say goodbye.

- I regret not keeping in contact with all my old mates from school, I really only still speak to a small handful now.

- I regret how I treated my dad when I was ages 15-through-17. I was a total bitch to him and he is the most precious thing in my life. I will never be able to make up for that, and I'll never be able to thank him enough for being such an awesome dad.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #26
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Hm...after reading a couple of posts that mentions, "But I would be a different person now", I'm like, "and that's a 'bad' thing?"

I *know* that I'd be a different person if I had not had bad eating habits as a child, later on, been more compliant with my diabetes care and had gone to the docs a bit more. Oh yeah: I would have been different, and I think I would have been better (health-wise) for it.

And I *kindasorta* regret not leaving home at an earlier age (like most of my friends).

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #27
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Well, I think I wouldn't be as strong, or as independant as I am (which is scary), or have the same outlook on life that I do. Those things certainly shaped me for the better, even though I had to go through hell to get here.

It's kinda like the thing with Kelle right now (Sticky Situation thread)... there are a bunch of actions she would do differently now. Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that. But going through this fire right now is honing her...shaping her...teaching her that hard lesson about consequences. I told her not to go to Croatia until the divorce was final, but she didn't listen and now finds herself where she is. She admitted I was right, but that doesn't help her now. *shrug*

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by OnyxCougar; 07-07-2004 at 12:20 PM.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #28
Trillian-zz9
Why there's pie in the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
why?? i played in the rain last night, and didn't give a hoot what my neighbors thought. it felt good, like it did when i was a kid...

i learned a long time ago to screw what other people thought of me, turns out they weren't there for me when it really counted anyway.
Haha, well I don't like my niehbours anyway, so mud it is. It's raining now but I won't go, in Britain there will be PLENTY more oppotunities to play in the rain...
One's dead,
One's lost,
And one's out, looking for the lost one."
Trillian-zz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #29
glatt

Quote:
It's raining now but I won't go, in Britain there will be PLENTY more oppotunities to play in the rain...
The grass is always greener.... in Britain.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:48 PM   #30
Elionwyr
Coronation Incarnate

Mm.

* I regret trusting the man that date-raped me when I was 16.

* I regret not going to college.

* I regret a great deal of how I handled my first serious relationship.

* I regret getting myself into credit card debt.
Elionwyr is offline   Reply With Quote