The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 05-05-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
Grace
Layperson

Talking potato sticks

Oh my god. Have you guys tasted those potato sticks from that company that has the big peanut as a mascot? (i forget the name)
THEY'RE SO FUCKING GOOD
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Planters, thats the name of the company.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:20 PM   #3
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

If you like those, you might like "Hot Fries" or "Chedder Fries". They're a snack that comes in a bag like chips. Like everything else. If it tastes great, it's bad for you.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:43 PM   #4
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
If you like those, you might like "Hot Fries" or "Chedder Fries". They're a snack that comes in a bag like chips. Like everything else. If it tastes great, it's bad for you.
They sell the Hot Fries at Sam's (the wholesale club), and I've been thinking about it for over a month whether I need 5 lbs of spicy crispy-fried whatnot in my pantry.
I think I've finally won the debate.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #5
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

Why does nobody think of the French? Freedom Fries, damnit! All modifications are horrible bastardizations propagated by Commu-Iraqi traitors. Down with the French-Communist-Iraqi terrorists! _Real_ Americans support military action for monument-change in New York! The Statue of Liberty must go!
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:11 PM   #6
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

The French did the right thing with regard to the war in Iraq. Too bad America didn't. But that belongs in the Politics forum.

Quote:
The Statue of Liberty must go!
Why not? Actual Liberty has been gone ever since George W. Bush took office. (again this belongs in the Politics forum.

Quote:
They sell the Hot Fries at Sam's (the wholesale club), and I've been thinking about it for over a month whether I need 5 lbs of spicy crispy-fried whatnot in my pantry.
I think I've finally won the debate.
Does that mean you will or won't be getting them? And how much are they? I want some!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #7
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
The French did the right thing with regard to the war in Iraq. Too bad America didn't. But that belongs in the Politics forum.
I suppose I should been more blatant with the sarcasm. I'll try harder in the future.
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:17 AM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's not you, it's radar. Don't sweat it.

There is no "french" in the fries being discussed here ... Andy Capp's Pub Fries is what they are ... formed of mysterious starchy/salty/hot ingredients. Damn but they are good, but not as high on my list of essential junk food as Cheetos. They come in above Funyons on my list, but that's not saying much. There's a lot of territory in between including Bugles, Gardetto's Snack Mix and Hard Sourdough Pretzels.

Potato sticks were one of my favorite childhood yummies, but I've not had them in recent years, probably because they don't have a "big grab" bag of 'em near point of sale at the Wawa.

NOW i'm going to have to seek them out.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:57 AM   #9
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
ndy Capp's Pub Fries is what they are ... formed of mysterious starchy/salty/hot ingredients.
lol@mysterious

I'm laughing because I've wondered what they're made from too. But they're very good. Bugles are on my list too as is chex mix. Salt & Vinegar or Jalapeno kettle style chips are very good. But the best of all has to be assorted nuts. I like cashews, almonds, peanuts, and most of all pistachios. I could probably eat 10 lbs a week of them.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:48 AM   #10
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

there is a devious little snack down in Australia called "soy fries".

With a name like that, they have to suck, right? They're great! too addictive for words, just enough cruch, just enough salt, just enough tangy, perfect!

Except that they're deep fried in lard and a handful will kill you. You'd think the soy would cancel that out, but no. They're horrible for you.

Oh well.
-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:49 AM   #11
dave

Hot fries are a superb snack. I also would not place them as high as Cheetos, but since they come spicy and my favorite orange food does not, they still have a place in my pantry.

Except I don't have a pantry. And I haven't had any in years.

I definitely gotta stop by That Guy's place for steak and hot fries. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:28 AM   #12
Griff
still says videotape

Its funny how we take all these tasty nasty snacks for granted. I saw a teenager taste corn nuts for the first time the other day. "Oh MY God! These are Good!" She was practically out of her mind for them. Of course, being a teen she'll now binge on them for the next month. Gotta remember to get our little pleasures. Not this week though, middle aged man is gonna get his cholesterol checked for the first time.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:50 PM   #13
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I seem to remember this weird Cheeto-like snack that I loved. It was kind of this fake popcorn stuff and one could get it either cheesy or plain. They were full of fat, but sooooooooo good. They would just melt in my mouth. Mmmmm. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #14
Cam
dripping with ignorance

I know exactly what your talking about but don't know what they are called. I know we can get them back home, but havn't looked for them here. I'll look when I go home next week and let you know the name.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #15
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I remember that they came in a very large bag with the black and white generic label. I use to be able to get them at King Soopers, but I haven't seen them in years.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote