The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #8716
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Carrot went for hydro today, and for the first time theynput the underwater treadmill onto the 'uphill' setting. Quite a low gradient, but a challenge when coupled with walking against the water.

He did 17 minutes! Took him about 6 minutes to find his stride, he was swinging wild and veering to the side, or wobbling about as his feet placed at odd angles. Thought for first couple of minutes that he may only be able to do 12 minutes, but once he found his stride he seemed comfortable with the pace.

He wobbled about something shocking afterwards though. You could see his little legs had gone to jelly. No pain, no gain babydog, feel the burn, etc etc.

So now he's uber relaxed having burned off a bucketful of high-octane puppy energy.

Also, this morning I let him off his lead for some runabout play with a couple of local dogs. Oh he loved it so. They're both dogs that play nice and no risk of them trying to rubgy tackle him or anything.

This was a rambly way of introing what's making me feel happy: I'm feeling really quite optimistic about Carrot's prospects. After nearly two months of hydro and exercises he wasn't building the muscle he needs to build and I was feeling despondent. Since I had him neutered (I should really have posted about that....God I felt a traitor) his appetite has stabilised and he isn't refusing his meals. So he has started to fill out and the muscles are visibly forming around his hind quarters.

He is using those muscles more in his day to day movements too. Not just in the exercises that push him to use them. I can see his legs bending properly now for some of his walk. Though he returns to his swinging shuffle when tired.
Since he's been cut these quirks of movement are so much clearer to see. A shaggy beardie coat smooths it all out to observers.

So yeah. I think he's going to be ok. Of course I now have to persuade the insurance people that the limit of 12 sessions of 'complementary therapy' should be extended, but we'll leave that for another time ;P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #8717
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I'm glad to hear Carrot is doing so well, Dana! What a great update! I think neutering really helps domesticated animals. Seriously - when I was breeding Siamese and Balinese cats, hormones just made those guys so miserable. And they had so many more health problems that miraculously cleared up the moment they were spayed/neutered. Maybe it's being consumed by hormones while expected to live like a non-hormonal being (as a pet), or maybe wild animals are also miserable and unhealthy with their hormones. It's counter-intuitive but it doesn't surprise me that Carrot has improved after cutting. So don't feel bad. Glad he's improving and going to get all the right muscles working. Keep posting photos, he's too adorable to stay unadmired by his Cellar family!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #8718
orthodoc

I'm feeling ridiculously, unaccountably happy this evening. Wrote an exam and spanked it (with either the Expert or the Sweet Spot, I can't remember), and came home to my little place with my furniture and my food in the fridge, and ... being on my own and making it is making me very happy. I don't need much. And contrary to previous threats and advice, it seems I can survive.

So I'm silly with happiness, getting ready to polish off one more assignment in this week of exams and papers and bleh, sipping a nice cab and admiring the flowers on my table, and ... hoping I'll run across some humor and poetry and general wit here tonight that's beyond me, but which I can appreciate.

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #8719
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Your post makes me feel happy.

Y'know, it's funny, but even after all these years i still sometimes get a kick out of living alone. Making a meal for myself to my tastes, on my budget, according to my decisions.

And my ex wasn't even a bastard. Though he sometimes did a very good impression of one. He's still my best friend. And he's chilled a lot over the years. His current partner has a much nicer and happier him :p But he was emotionally abusive without really realising it and is a bit of a control freak particularly when something is troubling him.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #8720
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I can relate, I've been living alone for 20 years, but during the last year I've been visiting a friend for a week, every month or so. I enjoy it but it feels great to retreat to my cave.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #8721
orthodoc

My cave ... that's it. Is there such a thing as a woman-cave? If not, I'm stealing the concept.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #8722
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
My cave ... that's it. Is there such a thing as a woman-cave? If not, I'm stealing the concept.
Of course there is, anyone can haz one.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #8723
glatt

I love my wife and kids dearly, but it's really awesome on the rare occasions when I get the house to myself.

I'm pleased to hear youre so happy tonight ortho.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #8724
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
I'm feeling ridiculously, unaccountably happy this evening. Wrote an exam and spanked it (with either the Expert or the Sweet Spot, I can't remember), and came home to my little place with my furniture and my food in the fridge, and ... being on my own and making it is making me very happy. I don't need much. And contrary to previous threats and advice, it seems I can survive.

So I'm silly with happiness, getting ready to polish off one more assignment in this week of exams and papers and bleh, sipping a nice cab and admiring the flowers on my table, and ... hoping I'll run across some humor and poetry and general wit here tonight that's beyond me, but which I can appreciate.

Cheers!
We've secretly replaced Ortho's Cabernet with MDMA, let's see if she can tell the difference...
Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #8725
orthodoc

Just waiting for the fireworks to start? I'd better get my assignment done before the MDMA kicks in, then ... give a woman her own cave and you never know what might happen
Old 12-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #8726
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Here's something to make Sundae happy.

Name:  IMAG0898 (480x640).jpg
Views: 256
Size:  42.9 KB

It fits now.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #8727
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh how darling!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #8728
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

She looks so surprised! What a cutie. How old is she, Ali?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #8729
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

She's 10 weeks old now choco. Getting bigger by the second. You know what that's about huh?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #8730
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:

Cheers!
The Merry Recluse!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote