The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #31
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Well, she can get a 'fault' divorce if he's incarcerated more than two years (A given, I think. I hope.). And she would likely get more than half. However, if she just wants control of everything ...
Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #32
JBKlyde
Banned

Quote:
This is not murder.
This times 6 million is not the Holocaust
This time 50 million is not the Holocaust

A clump of cells smaller than your pinky finger cannot experience pain or fear.
A fetus is not hunted down, terrorized, starved, and tortured before it is aborted.

If you compare a fetus being aborted to the Holocaust, you are spitting on every person who died in a concentration camp, and ever Rroma hunted down and murdered, as most weren’t even deemed worthy of imprisoning.
Your racism is showing, and it’s fucking disgusting
That's just a deluded statement.. Life begins and ends with a heart beat. When 2 people come together, black, white, brown, or yellow... 2 have sex.. the GOD given reason for doing that is to make a baby. YOU on the other hand are just congering up ways to SIN with your immortality.. and that's why your deluded to the point that you can't see this...
http://www.wickedshepherds.com/Abort...Holocaust.html

JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #33
Flint
Snowflake

If I were ever put in a situation where I needed to (justifiably) take the life of another human being, I do not believe that I would suffer greatly, or fret or ruminate over my actions. Now, given the vagaries of the human subconscious... "feelings" and such... I'm sure I cannot make that determination, definitively.

But I completely believe that any inconvenience that could arise within my psyche as a result of my doing what needed to be done, I believe I could squash that inconvenience. Easily. ... Maybe I am a cold, disengaged human being, teetering on the brink of sociopathy. But I don't think I would "feel bad" about killing someone that "needed killing" ... I tend to make a decision and stick with it.

"Fuck the world" because I know I am right-- that kind of thing.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #34
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
That's just a deluded statement.. Life begins and ends with a heart beat. When 2 people come together, black, white, brown, or yellow... 2 have sex.. the GOD given reason for doing that is to make a baby. YOU on the other hand are just congering up ways to SIN with your immortality.. and that's why your deluded to the point that you can't see this...

sure.. you sick twisted fuck.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #35
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:

So...when a guy squirts on a sock that's murder?

Or, is it only when the heartbeat occurs, because, as far as I know there isn't any kind of a heart on that petrie dish.

Oh, hang on, no. I know the answer to this. It becomes a protected life the moment it is inside the woman's body. From that moment on it is worth more than the woman incubating it, right? Has more rights than her, eh?

That woman who added an amendment to make it illegal for a man to spill his seed anywhere bu6t inside a woman's vagina got it bang to rights. Because that's an outrageous intrusion onto individual freedom eh? Everybody thought that was ridiculous and wrong.

But a woman's body well that's another matter entirely. At heart society believes that women's bodies 'belong' to it, whilst men's bodies belong to themselves.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

"Justice is a bitch," he said swiftly.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #37
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
Or, is it only when the heartbeat occurs, because, as far as I know there isn't any kind of a heart on that petrie dish.
By the time the woman knows she is pregnant, there is in fact a detectable heartbeat.

Of course, the female body itself will reject 2-3 times as many fertilized eggs as those that it actually allows to progress. Most women have been "pregnant" a few times and never known it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #38
infinite monkey

"That's thought provoking," she said, after a pregnant pause.

I'm on a really bad Swiftie kick today. It's a bad kick. And they're bad Swifties (I quickly added.)
Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #39
JBKlyde
Banned

So I'm a sick twisted fuck because I masturbate.. I'm not a smart man but I know the difference between good and evil... I choose to resign from this conversation on the grounds that I am not informed enough to continue this debate.
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #40
infinite monkey

"I like to masturbate," he sputtered. "Conceivably, no one gets pregnant."
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #41
Ibby
erika

Quote:
So I'm a sick twisted fuck because I masturbate..
uh. you're a sick twisted fuck because you're comparing the removal of what basically amounts to an unwanted tumor, to the systematic government imprisonment, torture, rape, experimentation, and finally agonizing extermination of "undesirable" minority groups. You know, people with, uh, nervous systems and emotions and consciousness and lives and all that jazz. Even if tiny clumps of cells WERE anything like actual living humans you would STILL be a sick twisted fuck for comparing it to the holocaust.
You can jack off all you damn well please.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #42
infinite monkey

"There are laws about such things," he re-torted.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #43
infinite monkey

"Can't we all just get a schlong?" she asked cockily.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"you're a sick twisted fuck because you're comparing the removal of what basically amounts to an unwanted tumor, to the systematic government imprisonment, torture, rape, experimentation, and finally agonizing extermination of "undesirable" minority groups."

No. Comparing (in an unsophisticated way) one to the other doesn't make him a sick, twisted, fuck.

If he actually imprisoned, tortured, raped, experimented on, and exterminated folks then, yeah, *maybe that might make him a sick, twisted, fuck.

Comparing abortion to holocaust: nope, doesn't make the grade for sick twisted fuck-ness.

*I say 'maybe' 'cause history (culture) is usually written by the winner(s)...if things had gone Hitler's way, the holocaust wouldn’t be viewed as a horror but as the simple -- if costly -- eradication of vermin.

Last edited by henry quirk; 06-22-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added 'on'
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #45
infinite monkey

"Hitler was a dictator," he said with absolute certainty.