The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Fishing 2012

freshwater...... saltwater...... doesn't matter. whether you caught your limit or only none. post some pics!

Yesterday we left out of Freeport, Tx. which is WSW of Galveston. although these pics don't do the seas justice, they were actually 4-6 foot with the occasional 8 footer and a rare 10 +/-. we hooked onto a platform (don't know why the pic is distorted but it wasn't really bent as it appears) about 7-10 miles out and dropped our lines. Andres (the guy on the right side of the pic) was the first to hook up a fish. He got it close enough to the surface to make out the species, a King fish, but of course that one would be the proverbial one that got away. while he was reeling his in, i was trying to reel up to make room for him and i too hooked onto a big one. i fought this one pretty good. had to follow the fish around the transom to the other side of the boat where my roommate had his line down still. i got tangled up in his line and my fish got off the hook. i was a little pissed needless to say but no use stirring on it so i re-baited my hook and went on fishing. Andres, he's from Moscow by the way, hooked onto and boated about a 18" shark. caught and released. After that, i hooked onto one of about the same size. I boated him and released him. now here's where the fun started. NOT. no sooner did i release that shark did i finally give up trying to keep my wheaties down. i was seasick like nothing else. Then Andres got sick as well. That didn't stop us from fishing though. we did our business and down went the hooks again. this time i brought up the 4' black tip shark you see here. All in all we caught 4 sharks and 1 gafftopsail catfish. after about 3 hours there we unhooked off the platform and went further out to the next platform but there was someone already hooked onto that one and due to the current and the height of the waves we couldn't hook on without infringing on their area of fishing. what to do now? I'd about had it. i was feeling rough as hell but making it. by now i was drinking lots of water as to have something to throw up when i did get sick. i dry heaved once and though my esophagus was going to rupture. holy hell that hurt. i made the suggestion of going back and fishing west galveston bay to which everyone agreed. Wojtak (pronounced Vortech) let me drive us back into shore. I don't know what it is about being underway, let alone driving, but it was like an instant cure for my seasickness. Perhaps it was the concentrating on the throttle and navigating the rough seas. at some points we were making 17-19 knots then down to 8 or even slower. once back into the channel we got pulled over by the game warden. (Zip? were you on the boat?? actually, Wojtak is your equal when it comes to those fellows.) everything was in order, showed them the empty cooler, provided 4 licenses and 4 life jackets then went on our way. the rest of the day was pretty much a bust as far as fishing goes but it was relaxing and all in all a good day. today my face looks like a raccoon and my arms a boiled lobster. wish i had more pics but didn't get that many. maybe next time......
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
glatt

Great Idea for a thread! You trip looked fun. I went drift sea fishing in Florida once and was sick almost the whole time.

Last night, my son and I were invited fishing by some friends. Just in the river, but it was a beautiful evening and a lot of fun.

The river:
Name:  Fish 02.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  52.1 KB

My son's first fish. Kinda small, but it counts.
Name:  Fish 01.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  89.1 KB
Second fish was bigger, but still no records. He was pretty happy though.
Name:  Fish.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  89.9 KB

We both had a good time together.
Name:  Fish 03.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  87.3 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Phlyty , Any day fishing is Betterer !!!
as tp the game warden thing , i have been checked 5 times in 1 day befor

Glatt That looks like fun , keep takeing the youngen fishing , !!!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

Would be interested to read (boys like to fish). Please to use occasional paragraph break if you are cool with me being interested. otherwise, enjoy, glad you seem to be having fun.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
He's channeling StacyV.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
freshwater...... saltwater...... doesn't matter. whether you caught your limit or only none. post some pics!

Yesterday we left out of Freeport, Tx. which is WSW of Galveston. although these pics don't do the seas justice, they were actually 4-6 foot with the occasional 8 footer and a rare 10 +/-.

We hooked onto a platform (don't know why the pic is distorted but it wasn't really bent as it appears) about 7-10 miles out and dropped our lines. Andres (the guy on the right side of the pic) was the first to hook up a fish. He got it close enough to the surface to make out the species, a King fish, but of course that one would be the proverbial one that got away.

While he was reeling his in, i was trying to reel up to make room for him and i too, hooked onto a big one. i fought this one pretty good. had to follow the fish around the transom to the other side of the boat where my roommate had his line down still. i got tangled up in his line and my fish got off the hook. i was a little pissed needless to say but no use stirring on it so i re-baited my hook and went on fishing.

Andres, he's from Moscow by the way, hooked onto and boated about a 18" shark. caught and released. After that, i hooked onto one of about the same size. I boated him and released him. now here's where the fun started. NOT.

no sooner did i release that shark did i finally give up trying to keep my wheaties down. i was seasick like nothing else. Then Andres got sick as well. That didn't stop us from fishing though. we did our business and down went the hooks again. this time i brought up the 4' black tip shark you see here.

All in all we caught 4 sharks and 1 gafftopsail catfish. after about 3 hours there we unhooked off the platform and went further out to the next platform but there was someone already hooked onto that one and due to the current and the height of the waves we couldn't hook on without infringing on their area of fishing. what to do now? I'd about had it. i was feeling rough as hell but making it. by now i was drinking lots of water as to have something to throw up when i did get sick. i dry heaved once and though my esophagus was going to rupture. holy hell that hurt.

i made the suggestion of going back and fishing west galveston bay to which everyone agreed. Wojtak (pronounced Vortech) let me drive us back into shore. I don't know what it is about being underway, let alone driving, but it was like an instant cure for my seasickness. Perhaps it was the concentrating on the throttle and navigating the rough seas. at some points we were making 17-19 knots then down to 8 or even slower.

once back into the channel we got pulled over by the game warden. (Zip? were you on the boat?? actually, Wojtak is your equal when it comes to those fellows.) everything was in order, showed them the empty cooler, provided 4 licenses and 4 life jackets then went on our way. the rest of the day was pretty much a bust as far as fishing goes but it was relaxing and all in all a good day. today my face looks like a raccoon and my arms a boiled lobster. wish i had more pics but didn't get that many. maybe next time......
Old 05-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Thanks Jim!

Looks like you had a great time Glatt! Beautiful scenery!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
...We both had a good time together...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
(don't know why the pic is distorted but it wasn't really bent as it appears)
Let me guess. you took the picture with your camera phone (maybe an iphone) and it has a rolling shutter.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Great pics! Y'all post some more. I haven't even wet a hook yet
Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
I haven't even wet a hook yet.
Me neither, too.

I have caught a fish taco on the creek bank a time or two, though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Let me guess. you took the picture with your camera phone (maybe an iphone) and it has a rolling shutter.
nailed it!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thanks, Jim.

Do you usually get sick, filthy, or was it just particularly rough? hector loves sharks and catfish -his two favorite animals.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

no i normally don't get sick. it was that rough.

after about an hour at the platform i just couldn't keep it down any longer. when the boat was underway, no problem, but when we were anchored? ---->
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #15
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

We fish a lot, we don't catch much. Well much we can keep or eat.