The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

if it's not one thing it's another

hey y'all, where to begin with this....some, if not most, know i got married new years eve. Leigh, my wife, has 2 kids one is 24 the other is almost 29. 24, brandon, moved back to austin right after we got married and found a great job on a gourmet roach coach (they're big down here and there's a fuckton of shit that i'll try and sum up) and ash, 28, still lives here. well, she moved to austin the same week as brandon but was back within roughly 4 days because she couldn't find a place to live (hello? plan for it?) or a job.

basically it's like this; both kids leeched off mom the entire time we were dating with no job and mooching off her at every chance so when they found out that we were getting married they realized that their leeching days were over. let me put it this way, wake up....smoke a bowl....eat....nap.....smoke a bowl....repeat. they knew that when i moved in that the meal ticket was over. B is in austin now. Ash? HA! financial wise, leigh pays the rent and I cover the bills including groceries so it balances out.

here's the latest deal of many: tonight, leigh and ash got into it because i asked that if i'm the one paying the electric bill (almost 300 this week and it's only april) then please don't touch the thermostat. ash was already pissed off so when i came in the house from the deck to hear this convo i interjected that please don't change it unless you want to "throw me some bones" (aka money to help pay the bill) i even offered to let her pay the bill and then she can set it where she wants....she got even more pissed because "she wasn't talking to me"

what?

i pay the bill.

hope i make some sense. i could go on but i'm too damn frustrated.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But they were arguing over the thermostat, not the bill. I wish I was kidding. They're doing this whole power struggle and you're just confusing the issue with practical considerations and pertinent facts.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:14 AM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
But they were arguing over the thermostat, not the bill. I wish I was kidding. They're doing this whole power struggle and you're just confusing the issue with practical considerations and pertinent facts.
Ding, ding, ding!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Please don't junk up the argument with pertinent facts and practical considerations.

Man, I hate that.

And, please, for the love of Pete, don't start making sense.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ya miss singledom yet?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
monster
I hear them call the tide

Does she dictate how you use the house that she pays rent for?

/devil's advocate
Old 04-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #7
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Damn you plthijinx! What the hell are you thinking all rational and shit for? Just pay the damn bills and keep smoking that brisket.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

hahaha! yeah, i need to go into more detail, when i can. now isn't the time. too many eyes around and for the time being my computer is set up in the living room/kitchen. ash has manic depression and it gets bad sometimes. more later.