The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 12-15-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

American League Most

No longer the AL Least. Tejada goes to the O's, Red Sox crankin up the big deal shipping Garcia-Popup and Manny for A-Rod the best player in baseball, and pick up Curt along with, while the Yanks ship Weaver for a major league pitcher not to mention signing Mr. Sheffield. Is it baseball season yet?
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:48 PM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

NEW YORK (AP) -- The baseball players' union rejected Boston's proposed changes to Alex Rodriguez's contract Wednesday, jeopardizing trade talks between the Red Sox and Rangers.

Rodriguez and Boston general manager Theo Epstein spent the day meeting with Scott Boras, the shortstop's agent, and Gene Orza, the union's No. 2 official.

Boras expects the parties to meet again Thursday, and Texas owner Tom Hicks set a Thursday evening deadline for an agreement that would send Rodriguez to Boston for Manny Ramirez in a swap of baseball's highest-paid players.

!
Old 12-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #3
Bob R
Pithy Euphemist

If adding A-Rod and subtracting Manny means waving goodbye to Nomar (sob, sigh, sob) then I’m for it.

Wouldn’t it be ironic, if after all these years, that the "Curse" was really the Tom and Jean Yawkey ownership period?

This year, is the year!!!!!!

(I know I’ve heard that before, wasn’t only last year?..and the year before, and....)

Update:

hmmmmm....

Nomar for Magglio Ordonez?

The plot thickens, and the path becomes clearer.

Next stop, Fenway Zone - 2004.

(OK players association, make a splash in the press, and then get out of the way!)

Bob
Old 12-17-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The O's are really the ones that started the spending spree in the mid-to-late 90s...Angelos had the money to do so...still does. The problem is that Angelos made poor investments (except for Belle, which was just one of those "Shit happens" situations). It's been tough to be an O's fan the past few years, but they have a good crop of pitchers and Tejada can only help. Although, Lee Mazzilli? WTF?

News Flash! Alex Rodriguez is great, but not worth $25 million...of course, the owner of the Rangers is finding out a little late, but what are you gonna do?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:08 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

I like Lee, he's supposed to be all about a good club house open door etc... He was running the Mets show back in '86 wasn't he? Os just picked up a little juju in case the Red Sox make a run.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:54 AM   #6
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
The O's are really the ones that started the spending spree in the mid-to-late 90s...Angelos had the money to do so...still does. The problem is that Angelos made poor investments (except for Belle, which was just one of those "Shit happens" situations). It's been tough to be an O's fan the past few years, but they have a good crop of pitchers and Tejada can only help. Although, Lee Mazzilli? WTF?
Hell yeah, it's been tough! And, of course, with Cal leaving...it just ain't the same, but oh well.

Hopefully this year, Angelos will spend his money more wisely.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote