The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-21-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
Razorfish
Superhero

Kill Bill

Anyone see it? I'm a big Quentin Tarintino fan and thought it was great (albeit it was extremely violent). Also like many Tarantino flicks, it had a great soundtrack. Any thoughts? Opinions? flames?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
dave

It ruled. Saw it three times. Probably going to go see it again. Have got "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (the song that starts playing when O-Ren slips off her shoes) permanently stuck in my head. Good lord.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Tobiasly
hot

As I implied in the "soundtrack" thread, you all suck very much.

In other news, I just found out my deployment is being extended until February. So I get to miss not only Christmas, but also all the movies released over the holidays.

Man, I would really like to see this movie.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #4
dave

And as I said in the soundtrack thread, I got ya covered.

(If I can send you shit, maybe I can finagle a bootleg SVCD and send it to you? Just an idea.)
Old 10-22-2003, 01:20 PM   #5
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

I walked out of Kill Bill, turned to my wife and friend, and said "That movie kicked somewhere between nine and thirteen kinds of ass. Could be 11... could be 12... I'm not sure yet."

My only regret was that as cool as it was to have the 5,6,7,8s playing at the club, getting the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra instead would've been PERFECT.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
mwbEEf
Not a urine monkey

woo woo woo woo woo
Old 10-22-2003, 01:25 PM   #7
dave

It's funny you interpret it that way, Matt, because I interpret it the correct way, which is:

"Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo!"

vsp: I think it's nearer to 13.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:36 PM   #8
dave

I saw Tarantino's movies in this order: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill.

I loved Pulp Fiction, loved Reservoir Dogs, and thought "What the fuck happened with Jackie Brown?" (I might need to see it again - I only saw it about 1.5 times.)

So, when I heard about Kill Bill a year or so ago, I thought "Wow, that's a dumb fucking name for a movie." And since it seemed as though he peaked with Pulp Fiction, I figured that it was going to suck eggs. Tarantino, I thought, was a two-hit wonder.

Then I started seeing commercials for it, and I was like "that looks like it might be pretty okay." I just felt kind of compelled to see it, half expecting it to be crap.

I was <b>wrong</b>. Dead wrong. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong. It's the best movie I've seen all year. It's right up there with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, and has me thinking that maybe I was wrong about Jackie Brown and need to watch it again. Kill Bill is awesome. I will buy the DVD. I will buy it twice, just to help boost sales and encourage movie studios to take risks on movies like this. Wow.

Tarantino has me believing again.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:13 PM   #9
mwbEEf
Not a urine monkey

Quote:
It's funny you interpret it that way, Matt, because I interpret it the correct way, which is:

"Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo!"
Giles stole my "h" key, I had to use what was available.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:14 PM   #10
dave

I sure do wish Giles would die.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:46 PM   #11
Griff
still says videotape

Weird. I've seen a couple commercials for it since I'm watching baseball. I have no desire to see this film.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:52 PM   #12
campingho
I hate mwbEEf

>dave: I sure do wish Giles would die.

Fine. I will.

all the way to the bank!
Old 10-22-2003, 04:27 PM   #13
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

At first I was uninterested in this movie, but peoples' reactions have piqued my curiosity. I'll have to see if I can talk the wife into going to this one.

Of course, of all of Tarantino's films, I have only seen Reservoir Dogs. I enjoyed it, though... and I keep meaning to rent Pulp Fiction. I just don't get to watch many movies these days... that's one of the hazards of being a newlywed with a full-time job who recently moved into a semi-fixer-upper house.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:28 PM   #14
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Ok - we going to see it this weekend. (Don't spoil it peoples) But I have to say, along with scarface & old jakie chan - pulp fiction & resevoir dogs are two of my most favorite movies of all time.

Also on movies and video games - cause they are never far from my heart - Today Tricky 3 came out - got it already. We also go the new Simpsons one. (can't remember the name but it is basically the Simpsons meet vice city.) And then next Tuesday Final Fantasy XI comes out. (I'm taking 1/2 day & Wednesday off work in order to play with out sleep) And then the week after that Matrix Revolutions comes out. I'm gonna be chock full of stuff to do for the next 3 weeks!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:55 PM   #15
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Rho and I were supposed to go see Kill Bill 2 weeks ago, but didn't. We're now going to go Friday or Saturday.

My favorite Tarantino film is probably Pulp Fiction, though I've liked them all. I know some folks are kind of iffy on Jackie Brown, but I thought that was good--and it had Pam Grier in it! Come on now!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote